RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4476082.Owen_backs_United_promotion_charge/

There has been an £80m offer from a Malaysian group – rumoured to be headed by billionaire Ananda Krishnan – for Newcastle but sources close to Keith Harris suggest there is still another serious bidder likely to go nearer to the £100m asking price.

But what will reassure Newcastle fans is that all of the consortia looking to buy the club have gone through the due diligence process properly.

Unlike when Ashley took over two years ago, when he did not realise the true extent of the debts at the club, the new owners will be clear on what state Newcastle have been left in.

Harris, the investment bank chairman trying to sell the club, had hoped a sale would have been agreed last Thursday.

However, with the groups involved not satisfied with the level of the club’s overdraft facility, that stalled things, but Harris remains optimistic of a suitable solution will happen this week.

There it is again. :laugh:

Not strictly true. His initial running of the club, especially on the financial side was fairly sound. It was only when it came to making proper footballing decisions that the arse fell out (Keegan? Wise? JFK? Even Shearer to a certain extent?). He surrounded himself with his mates rather than footballing people and that was when the major problems arose.

Anyone who thinks he is fucking us over on purpose needs their head checking and then stoving in with a shovel.

Are those the initial decisions of allowing Allardyce taking the funds from the sale of Kieron Dyer and bringing in Alan Smith being taken into acount there?   You can say what you want about the conspiracy theorists, but EVERY decision that he has been involved in has fucked us over, from not going through due diligence to where we are today and will still do into next season.  He's not trying to fuck us over but the bloke is a pig shit thick chancer who has been as lucky as fuck up until two years ago, but now luck is biting him on the arse.

You're right. The bloke is thick as fuck but every decision has been a bad one? Hardly. Ashley was widely praised until a slow summer on the transfer front and Keegan walking.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, however I can remember supporters being quite happy with the sale of Dyer and the signing of Smith. I can remember thinking that the squad Allardyce had put together was one of the strongest in recent history and I know that optimism was indulged by many other fans.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Not surprised at all by this, can't see us getting sold anytime soon. Hopefully it happens soon enough that we don't suffer another relegation or worse.

Not strictly true. His initial running of the club, especially on the financial side was fairly sound. It was only when it came to making proper footballing decisions that the arse fell out (Keegan? Wise? JFK? Even Shearer to a certain extent?). He surrounded himself with his mates rather than footballing people and that was when the major problems arose.

Anyone who thinks he is fucking us over on purpose needs their head checking and then stoving in with a shovel.

Are those the initial decisions of allowing Allardyce taking the funds from the sale of Kieron Dyer and bringing in Alan Smith being taken into acount there?   You can say what you want about the conspiracy theorists, but EVERY decision that he has been involved in has fucked us over, from not going through due diligence to where we are today and will still do into next season.  He's not trying to fuck us over but the bloke is a pig shit thick chancer who has been as lucky as fuck up until two years ago, but now luck is biting him on the arse.

You're right. The bloke is thick as fuck but every decision has been a bad one? Hardly. Ashley was widely praised until a slow summer on the transfer front and Keegan walking.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, however I can remember supporters being quite happy with the sale of Dyer and the signing of Smith. I can remember thinking that the squad Allardyce had put together was one of the strongest in recent history and I know that optimism was indulged by many other fans.

He obviously also took care of the debt Shepherd had ran up. bunged in more money to keep us solvent, and began investing heavily in the academy just to piss everyone off.

Guest toonlass

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4476082.Owen_backs_United_promotion_charge/

There has been an £80m offer from a Malaysian group – rumoured to be headed by billionaire Ananda Krishnan – for Newcastle but sources close to Keith Harris suggest there is still another serious bidder likely to go nearer to the £100m asking price.

But what will reassure Newcastle fans is that all of the consortia looking to buy the club have gone through the due diligence process properly.

Unlike when Ashley took over two years ago, when he did not realise the true extent of the debts at the club, the new owners will be clear on what state Newcastle have been left in.

Harris, the investment bank chairman trying to sell the club, had hoped a sale would have been agreed last Thursday.

However, with the groups involved not satisfied with the level of the club’s overdraft facility, that stalled things, but Harris remains optimistic of a suitable solution will happen this week.

There it is again. :laugh:

As he did last week, and the week before. Sense of deja vue anyone?

The longer the sale drags on, the less valuable the club becomes, because if it goes on another month, it's going to wreck the chances of preparing a squad for an immediate return to the Premier. One season in the lower leagues is bad, more than that is a disaster. Every day Ashley clings on for more money it becomes a dead cert that he will end up blowing the sale due to lack of time.

Guest toonlass

And in the meantime other clubs will be ready for the start of the season, which is a month and 2 days away btw, and we haven't got a manager, haven't brought anyone new in to replace the players that have left, are too old, too slow, absolutely shite at any level* and the fans are being treated like mushrooms (left in the dark and fed shit). How the hell are we meant to compete at any level when we are ran like that?

*delete as appropriate

Quoted from another forum ....

Subject: Re: Krishnan keen?

Posted by mikeyboy on 03:05 06/Jul/09 :

My son is in the same class at school as one of Ananda's right hand men (he is deputy chairman for Astro) so I have told him to ask him some questions today at school lol!

I do know for sure that he was in the UK last week though....

My son is in the same class at school as one of Ananda's right hand men (he is deputy chairman for Astro) so I have told him to ask him some questions today at school lol!

Foolproof that! :frantic:

So one of Ananda's right hand men is a school child? Must be the secret to his business success.

Right I understand that any buyer wants the club at the best price they can get it for BUT surely they also want the club is the best state it can be in when they do buy, its a  worry that it could be as little as £10mill thats the stcking point on getting the deal done.

Time is running out they have to weigh up the pro's and cons of saving a bit of dosh against having enough time to do what they need to to be ready for the new season, if they are serious about us then the extra bit of money should not be a worry, time running out should be their major concern.

So one of Ananda's right hand men is a school child? Must be the secret to his business success.

Does he mean UNI or son of a righthand man? :lol: if true could be a great ITK though

The Deputy Chairman of Astro is listed as a Mr Ralph Marshall (doesnt sound Malaysian but looks Malaysian)

http://www.astroplc.com/05/corporate/board_directors/

RALPH MARSHALL

Executive Deputy Chairman

Malaysian, age 57, joined the Board in July 2003 and was appointed its Deputy Chairman and its Group Chief Executive Officer in August and September 2003 respectively. He has served as a Director of MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd since 1994 prior to the commencement of the operations of the Group and was its Chief Executive Officer until May 2006. Ralph is an Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, and a Member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants and has some 30 years experience in financial and general management. He is also Executive Director of Tanjong Public Ltd Company (listed on Bursa Securities and the London Stock Exchange) which is involved in power generation, gaming and leisure; Non- Executive Director of Maxis Communications Bhd (listed on Bursa Securities), a leading mobile communications provider in Malaysia; and Executive Director of Usaha Tegas Sdn Bhd, which has significant interests in the aforesaid companies. His other directorships include MEASAT Global Bhd (listed on Bursa Securities), which is the owner and operator of the MEASAT satellite system; KLCC Property Holdings Bhd (listed on Bursa Securities), a property investment holding company and Arnhold Holdings Ltd (listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong), which is involved in supplying products for the building and construction industry. He does not have any business arrangement with the Company in which he has a personal interest.

So if that ITK is right, Ralph was in UK last week and hopefully the ITK's son will be able to get some info from Ralph's lad...

I do think he'll continue to make idiotic decisions, that's what he does.  Just can't see him managing to fuck up enough to send us down though.

again, you forgot "again" :lol:

It was some acheivement for him to get us relegated from the Premiership.  But that hasn't convinced me he's got the calibre to achieve relegation from a league like the Championship.  He'd have to step up his game significantly to have any chance at all :lol:

Another theory could be that it's actually a buyer that's put this 'four more weeks' rumour around to try and crank up the pressure on Ashley to fuck off.

I wouldn't put it past Shepherd to try something like that.