RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am seriously starting to be afraid of the existence of this club as a top flight club, this could easily be the start of another Leeds, very very worrying.

Leeds have somewhat stabalised, mate. I fear we're heading down the Southampton route.

:facepalm:

Well if we all love a conspiracy theory, there would be no way he would sell us quickly to allow us a full and proper pre-season.

My guess would be that he is deliberately hanging on and delaying things until late August - by which time we are f***ed for the season.

His last act of vengance against us.

If this was true.....then I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Its the best deal for him; he gets what money he wants and watches us choke. He'd love that.

Thinking positively, you could say the many differing rumours (Shepherd BBC story, then 'this week', the Qatari 'done deal', the Malaysian tour) means we should dismiss this latest one as only likely as any of the others. It really does seem like very few actually know what's going on.

It still wouldn't surprise me if an announcement was made tomorrow tbh, because the reality is it could be any time without warning.

Thinking positively, you could say the many differing rumours (Shepherd BBC story, then 'this week', the Qatari 'done deal', the Malaysian tour) means we should dismiss this latest one as only likely as any of the others. It really does seem like very few actually know what's going on.

It still wouldn't surprise me if an announcement was made tomorrow tbh, because the reality is it could be any time without warning.

We'll put this in the 'positive' pile for now...

Robster. :thup: For me it's all personal on the part of Ashley. It's his response to the fans turning on him after the Keegan business last September. He's going to make sure he can destroy this club as much as he can, and leave behind something which could take decades to repair.

Well yeah, Ashley's takeover was without warning too so anything could happen tbh.

Remember getting a text off Wullie while I was at work, he jubilantly broke the news to me and like a dickhead I happily plowed through another hour of work before rushing home to log on here.

Learned myself a hell of a lesson that day. :lol:

Well yeah, Ashley's takeover was without warning too so anything could happen tbh.

Remember getting a text off Wullie while I was at work, he jubilantly broke the news to me and like a dickhead I happily plowed through another hour of work before rushing home to log on here.

Oh that's right, blame me! :dave:

It could be that Shepherd's is the only definite offer on the table, and Ashley is keen to find an alternative buyer. Shepherd would therefore be anxious to use all his connections to crank up the pressure on Ashley.

I think that's spot on. If it is true that he's writing off the debts to him, he'll not want to do it to the bloke who left us in the position where he felt he had to do so. Might do it for a new party, but not a chance will Freddy get it for £60m without owing Ashley the money imo.

Yeah, you can't imagine Ashley wanting to sell to Shepherd if he can possibly help it.

And in this, I believe, he'd be doing us a favour.

Guest geordienorway

I am getting extremely worried about the Sheperd-rumours. Thinking about the situation in the short-term, we will definately have a better chance of gaining promotion if Sheperd comes in now compared to another year with Ashley. However, no matter what you think of Sheperds way to run a football club, there is a major stumbling block when it comes his wealth. If he isn't a part of a consortium he will have to finance the club through debt, and that would fuck us up in the long-term. Maybe we could be a premiership-regular again eventually, but what will happen when all the top clubs have wealthy foreign owners who financially can compete in a different league than Sheperd can? We need someone who can put more money into the club, because that seems like the only way to make it in football these days.

Guest BooBoo

Have to say, it's almost certifiably ridiculous to believe that Ashley is delaying the sale (and writing off £100-£150 million) out of nothing but spite against the club and its supporters.

:thup:

Oh that's right, blame me! :dave:

Wish I'd kept the text.

You sounded giddy ffs. :lol:

Have to say, it's almost certifiably ridiculous to believe that Ashley is delaying the sale (and writing off £100-£150 million) out of nothing but spite against the club and its supporters.

Explain some of the logic behind his decisions since he bought the club then. If he's shown one thing, it's that you cannot predict the man's motives because common sense (and logic) go out of the window where he is concerned.

:thup:

We need an emoticon of little men in white coats rushing in with a straitjacket.

I wouldn't be so sure...

Explain some of the logic behind his decisions since he bought the club then. If he's shown one thing, it's that you cannot predict the man's motives because common sense (and logic) go out of the window where he is concerned.

Bad decisions and crap businessman.

He's neglected the club completely over the past 9 months.

Guest toonlass

Another month. Fuck off man. Listen Mike Twatley, we have had enough, sell the fucker to the first eejit willing to pay over £30 million then fuck off back to Buckinghamshire or whatever part of down south you are from and never darken our doors again. And do it fucking tomorrow, we have had enough of this shite.

Doesn't wash with me. Firstly, he's a successful businessman away from football. You don't get there by making consistently bad decisions, which is what he's done with this football club for the past almost year. There's more to it than that.

I refuse to believe this "one more month" rumour. Sounds to me like they don't know anything, and are just coming out with it to save their arses. Now they'll be right no matter what happens, if we get an announcement next week, they'll be able to say "we told you so", but they'll also be able to say the same thing should nothing happen. Fucking journalists :nope:

why is everyone believing this "one more month" rumour? its just as believable as the other rumours that greet us each morning. i know its natural to be pessimistic (especially in the Mike Ashley era) but its been a quiet day - the papers needed SOMETHING and this is a very easy thing to make up. lets see what tomorrow brings...