RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Seymour Pierce, the investment bank brokering Newcastle's sale, is hopeful a deal may be concluded by the end of the week. The club is attracting interest with an Austrian consortium understood to be the latest investment group to have been shown around St James' Park, when a Malaysian consortium also made a return visit."

Guardian

Funnily enough I did hear a certain energy drink manufacturer from that particular Germanic country were interested in us but it was from the most unreliable source going. He was the type of kid who came into school and said he stayed with his uncle in America and played on Sega Mega Drive 2.

Nice to see the Guardian setting the bar high for journalism.

TAK Page in Wiki

Recently he has been linked with a buyout of Championship club Newcastle Unitedand that deal has been agreed. Krishnan has been quoted saying that he hopes that Newcastle United are returned to the top-flight and then challenge for all major trophys. Malaysian Youth and Sports minister Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek hailed the potential bid "a huge transaction" for Malaysia, adding: "It’s not impossible, and It's a very good deal for Ananda. I hope it can have a big impact on the development of Malaysian football." [5]

wikipedia has us bought by ananda krishnan. (see under recent development)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananda_Krishnan

:lol:

does it say that or not...have you seen post 4347 ?

It's Wikipedia.

143 pages of this is based on the sun,chronicle,mirror etc

None of which can be edited by... let me see now...

ianovthetoon, who made those edits. :lol:

but all of which print stuff which is worse.

tbf i did point out the deal done bit seemed like an insert and i'll continue to pass on any tittle tattle like this if its in print.......... :razz: