RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not sure I have the strength to clutch at these straws any longer, I honestly don't believe that anything on the scale being mentioned is going to happen this week. I don't really blame Thomo as he seems genuine and I'm sure he's passing on what he believes is credible info.

That's not to say that I don't hope I'm wrong  :harry:

England are a bigger draw in world football than Germany Italy or Argentina think again

I would say so yes, obviously not as successful but a bigger draw..Aye

What are you basing that on England are no bigger a draw than Spain France or Holland....jesus are you one of these media folk who think England are the best at everything when in reality they are shite

You cant correlate someone saying they think England are one of teh biggsest draws to implying that they are therefore the "best", what's been said is perfectly acceptable, England are a massive draw all around the world, both the historical reasons, and for the mere fact that they have the most popular domestic league in the world.

We have some of the biggest players in the world in our team, Im pretty confident that if you asked the general population of football fans to name the england first tea, then they'd be able to rattle it off much more quicjly than they would Germany or Argentina. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nothing in todays ronny gill

oh, apart from the fact Hughton is supposed to have a meeting with DL today  ???

"It was news to me then, and I'm not expected to talk to anybody from the club until later today. I will talk to (managing director) Derek Llambias, I don't know any of the facts.

SSn are right up Ashleys shitter and won't report anything negitive about him, as soon as the club is taken off the market SSN will report how poor Mike has been shaffted by time wasters and he feels its best for the club now if he tries to get in a manager that can keep us in the Championship.

Exactly.

They won't do anything to make stories and access dry up.

What stories?

I know Hughton's only the coach, but it's a farce that the club aren't telling him who they're inviting bids for. How the fuck is he supposed to sort out training, formations and ideas etc when he doesn't even know who's still going to be here by the weekend?

I know Hughton's only the coach, but it's a farce that the club aren't telling him who they're inviting bids for. How the fuck is he supposed to sort out training, formations and ideas etc when he doesn't even know who's still going to be here by the weekend?

Thats as much evidence as I need to confirm that Ashley literally just doent give a fuck what happens to the club.

I've not commented on this at all yet, but I feel good about it.

Thomo is goign to have to have a statue built in his honour after this week is through.

Yes, either made of gold, or concrete with him inside it.

:laugh:

Guest Brummiemag

So your telling me Everton have significantly less fans going to matches then Newcastle but its realistic to think they might have more fans? :lol:

No they fucking don't :lol:  Seriously how do you come too these conclusions?  We can fill a 52,000 seeter stadium while Everton can't even come close to filling a 40,000 seeter stadium but they have a bigger fanbase then us because "you would say they have more fans outside of the region"?  Firstly mate that's guess work, secondly its pretty irrelivant.  Same thing with Leeds.

So you honestly believe we have a bigger fanbase and cachement area than Leeds United too?...i think its time to take off your black and white Blinkers...next you will be saying we are a bigger club than Everton all because SJP holds 52k and Goodison 42k or so..irregardless of the fact we have won jack shit domestically for 55 years a lot of that time spent languishing in the second division..fucking hell it hits home when there are 2 clubs in the same league as Gateshead that have won a major domestic trophy since we last have....wake up we arent a big club in anything other than the size of our stadia

We certainly have a bigger fan base and better support than Leeds, despite the fact that Leeds have been relatively more successful than us until recently. Check the stats, they prove it.

You should also remember that Newcastle have quite a large fan base from around the country, in no small part due to the fact that a lot of people moved away from the area to find work in the 1960's and 70's (particularly with mining) and they continued to support the toon as do their children etc.

Your comments on Leeds having bigger support than us are as laughable as your insulting and ignorant remarks about Keegan.

Guest toonmental

kid on Skunkers was talking to David Craig at SJP Yesterday and he reckons Ashley is on the verge of taking the club off the market again and is also going to appoint an experienced manager, but deffo NOT JFK.

O'Leary has been mentioned!!!

Lets not get carried away with this please. I did talk to him for a few mins but he never said Mike was on the verge of taking the club off the market. He only hinted about it and only hinted about Mike appointing an experienced manager. Dont turn this into text message and please no one ring the Mirror about this one.

kid on Skunkers was talking to David Craig at SJP Yesterday and he reckons Ashley is on the verge of taking the club off the market again and is also going to appoint an experienced manager, but deffo NOT JFK.

Lets not get carried away with this please. I did talk to him for a few mins but he never said Mike was on the verge of taking the club off the market. He only hinted about it and only hinted about Mike appointing an experienced manager. Dont turn this into text message and please no one ring the Mirror about this one.

WTF!?!?!?!?

Cheers for clearing it up. :thup:

Absolutely prime example of how such bullshit gets around, changing all the time. Probably the same as this Dubai stuff tbh.

Cheers for clearing it up. :thup:

It doesn't seem that much clearer tbh.  :icon_scratch:

Guest Thomo

Dave, it is not bullshit - as I have said on numerous occasions my ITK was told by DL himself, I wish I hadnt bothered for all the grief you get.

I have mentioned Beye, NUFC putting a £4 mill fee on his head, I also stated yesterday that it looks like Bassong will probably go to Man City for £15 mill.

All of the above is information told by my ITK, he has told me stuff before and it has all been correct, I will repeat myself again i trust him 100%.

I could have quite easily kept this info to myself and I would not mislead any of you, Iam like you all 100% frustrated Newcastle fan who wants things sorted.

And it will, very soon.  :snod:

PS. Iam not a member of Toon Talk - just Newcastle Online