RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think all this bullshit about due diligance, data rooms, tours and meetings is a waste of time. The only way this will end is if we have an ambitious impulsive buyer who wants to get things done quickly regardless of the cost

To think Keith Harris had a conversation with the Abu Dhabi group about NUFC but MA wanted too much at the time!

He's clearly shitting himself that someone else will take over and get the club promoted rocketing the value of the club skywards again, but he doesn't want to invest the money to do it himself. The fat b****** doesn't know whether to stick or twist just like last season.

I think this is fairly on the nail but not because the new people will make money necessarily but because it will show him up as being useless. I honestly believe that if he can sell the club to someone who will then get us relegated rather than promoted then he would do. Last thing he will want is for those that follow him to be successful.

Which is likely to happen if he leaves it to the last minute to sell with a limited squad of underachievers and kids.

He's clearly shitting himself that someone else will take over and get the club promoted rocketing the value of the club skywards again, but he doesn't want to invest the money to do it himself. The fat b****** doesn't know whether to stick or twist just like last season.

I think this is fairly on the nail but not because the new people will make money necessarily but because it will show him up as being useless. I honestly believe that if he can sell the club to someone who will then get us relegated rather than promoted then he would do. Last thing he will want is for those that follow him to be successful.

Pisses me off how easy it would have been for him to accept his mistakes and start the job of rebuilding the club. He started off well getting rid of Wise and bringing in Shearer, all he had to do was stick with the that and get rid of the high earners and dross. End of the day if Keane could build a CCC winning team out of Sunderland and £20m (was it even that in his 1st season?) then Shearer could do the same and we've a lot more sell-able assets to fund it and a bigger rep to bring in better players. We could have had the likes of Beckford and Cox in now forming a pre season partnership while another half dozen players who have moved could have made amazing purchases for the situation were in. Instead we've just decomposed a little bit more making us unsellable as the players wages are a problem and hidden extras in the £100m fee puts off anyone with half a brain, unfortunately no one out there is as stupid as Ashley. He needs to man up appoint Shearer full time, start selling the high earners while Shearer brings in his own squad, promotion is still possible, think CCC winners is near impossible now, and the winners come end of season will shows us how to bounce back at the weekend when they rape us a new one.

Bottom of the league come Sat night, nice one Ashley you cunt.

Pisses me off how easy it would have been for him to accept his mistakes and start the job of rebuilding the club. He started off well getting rid of Wise and bringing in Shearer, all he had to do was stick with the that and get rid of the high earners and dross. End of the day if Keane could build a CCC winning team out of Sunderland and £20m (was it even that in his 1st season?) then Shearer could do the same and we've a lot more sell-able assets to fund it and a bigger rep to bring in better players. We could have had the likes of Beckford and Cox in now forming a pre season partnership while another half dozen players who have moved could have made amazing purchases for the situation were in. Instead we've just decomposed a little bit more making us unsellable as the players wages are a problem and hidden extras in the £100m fee puts off anyone with half a brain, unfortunately no one out there is as stupid as Ashley. He needs to man up appoint Shearer full time, start selling the high earners while Shearer brings in his own squad, promotion is still possible, think CCC winners is near impossible now, and the winners come end of season will shows us how to bounce back at the weekend when they rape us a new one.

Bottom of the league come Sat night, nice one Ashley you c***.

:sadnod:

Probably not too far from the truth. £100M is looking like a difficult price for anyone to match, so he might think he can carve the club up, leave it ruined and walk away with the same kind of money he is being offered at present.

Nobody knows the terms and conditions under which the likes of Martins etc are being sold, but I'd be surprised if all sales at the moment aren't cash up front. Wolfsburg have a wealthy benefactor I believe so for them that wouldn't be a problem, and if Bassong ends up going to Citeh, again, cash will be fine. He could then sell the lease on the ground and/or training ground and make the club pay to lease these back. All of the incoming money could go back in his pocket, then he could call time on the whole thing. There's not going to be much left, but the queue will be a mile long to pick up the club out of administration for an absolute song. It would mean a really difficult season, and might take a decade to turn round, but at least we'd be rid of that spiteful, disrespectful cockney bastard once and for all.

The thing is though, he must be so delusional to think he can now walk away with any of his reputation intact. He's in a no win situation. He's allowed the club to stagnate over the summer, failed to deliver any type of communication to his "customers", and now runs the risk of walking away with nothing at all

The only thing we can really look to is that none of the parties who have done due diligence have came out and commented/leaked information on the club's finances so there must still be some hope that a deal will be made. If any of these parties had pulled out/felt as though they were being treated harshly I'm certain that some information would have found it's way in to the public domain.

I don't buy in to the stories that it could take months. In a few months the club won't be worth £50M let alone the £100M asking price if nothing happens. It seems as though it's a "shit or bust" scenario where we're sold in the next 2-3 weeks, or not at all. The aftermath of the not at all option could prove very hurtful to the club.

I really want to remain optimistic/believe tales of an imminent takeover, but nothing except a couple of rumours make it seem possible/plausible. It's Mike Ashley's prerogative to tell us nothing as he owns the club, but in order to ensure revenue continues to keep his investment afloat you'd think he would at least give some sort of honest evaluation of where we are, and how he envisages the next 3 months panning out.

Ashley hasn't spoken since he put the club up for sale again in May, IIRC? He won't come out and speak, simply because he doesn't have too. To all intents and purposes, he's given up his responsibility and the club has already banked the cash from the 25000 who have renewed their s/t's.

I for one would love to know where the s/t money has gone.

Ashley hasn't spoken since he put the club up for sale again in May, IIRC? He won't come out and speak, simply because he doesn't have too. To all intents and purposes, he's given up his responsibility and the club has already banked the cash from the 25000 who have renewed their s/t's.

Paying the wages of the cunts that got us relegated.

Exactly.

and their flight to Dundee because the poor lambs didn't want to take the bus.

and their flight to Dundee because the poor lambs didn't want to take the bus.

Gon the bus the day before not the same day as the game, otherwise fly thats just sense.

It still baffles me that the club have absolutely no communication with the fans.  If they're hoping to flog all the season tickets and the merchandise they're rolling out, surely they would want to assure us everything possible is being done and tell us if there is actually any progress in what they're doing.

In the current situation, we have an under-half-filled stadium and no one is buying the new shirts, surely this must hit home that they HAVE to do everything physically possible to get the fans on their side?!

I'm completely sick now.  When we went down I was optimistic that we could get that cockney c*** out and rebuild from the ground up, but 3-4 days before the first fixture of the new season and we're in worse shape than ever!  How we've sold 15,000 season tickets (let alone the rumoured 25,000) I will never know!

How we've sold 15,000 season tickets (let alone the rumoured 25,000) I will never know!

A significant portion of the season tickets will be people who have the three year ticket options.  God knows how many ST would have been sold if the three year option was not available

Guest MrSundlofer

AUGUST 01 2009

"I know someone who works at the club in operations, Lambais has been at the club today with Lee Charnley and clubs solicitors, he has been told by a senior source that the takeover would be completed within the next three days"

- Today then.

"it is a consortium from Dubai, he thinks it may be DIC"

- So your ITK thinks it's the DIC...

"someone suggested that it was DIC within the team"

- But someone else suggested it? Not your ITK then.

"He was told it should be sorted by early next week, so I would say by Tuesday/Wednesday"

- From "the next three days" to "early next week". Three days = Tuesday. Why did you say Wednesday then?

AUGUST 03 2009

"I know someone who works at a Sport's injury Clinic in Manchester, who has contacts at a lot of clubs"

- Probably true!

TODAY

"My original post said Tuesday/Wednesday"

- No. It said "within three days." You wrote it should be sorted Tuesday/Wednesday. But Llambias told your ITK "within three days" from saturday = today...

"dont give up, it will happen. You all know how confident Iam."

- Confident? Yes! Happy? No. Delighted? No. Thrilled? No.

"to be taken over by a Dubai Consortium (Not DIC, that is speculation, not by me)"

:doh:  You said your ITK told you he thinks it may be the DIC...

"Lets just wait and see, we have waited for such a long time now, another couple of days wont do us any harm"

- Couple of days? Put your Sunderland shirt on!

It still baffles me that the club have absolutely no communication with the fans.  If they're hoping to flog all the season tickets and the merchandise they're rolling out, surely they would want to assure us everything possible is being done and tell us if there is actually any progress in what they're doing.

In the current situation, we have an under-half-filled stadium and no one is buying the new shirts, surely this must hit home that they HAVE to do everything physically possible to get the fans on their side?!

I'm completely sick now.  When we went down I was optimistic that we could get that cockney c*** out and rebuild from the ground up, but 3-4 days before the first fixture of the new season and we're in worse shape than ever!  How we've sold 15,000 season tickets (let alone the rumoured 25,000) I will never know!

Well it's about fucking time we call the cunts bluff!

Spend nothing until he has to accept any offer he gets. Got to a point now where we can't damage the club anymore than he has, so hit him in the pocket.

Guest thefishman

DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not today though!

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

So Thomo you ready to admit your ITK was completely wrong?

He said tuesday or wednesday

Well it's about fucking time we call the cunts bluff!

Spend nothing until he has to accept any offer he gets. Got to a point now where we can't damage the club anymore than he has, so hit him in the pocket.

But none of the money we put into the club goes into his pocket.  All it will achieve is to hurt the club even more financially and make it even harder to sell.

the thread title is wrong, its not been proven to be bollocks. thomo isnt wrong yet, so theres no need for all the depression.

however for those with no hope, the samaritans hotline is 08457 90 90 90

thomo mate, is it possible to have a word with your ITK and get an update?? we're becoming savages