RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

optimists----we'll be sold bu the end of the month

pessimists------there is no buyer

madras------theres one or two there but still a lot of work to be done.

The club been sold by the end of the month is hardly a positive is it?

better than what we have now.

Talking about us now. He is definitely acting for Buyers as well.

'Shock' to our revenue line from relegation is 'very severe. Around 35 - 40 million difference.

Latest is 'We are doing quite well. I wish there had been an announcement but it is not through lack of interest. As opposed to 2 years ago, the glass is half empty instead of half full.'

Avoided a question about Shearer, talking instead about the main problem being the wage bill.

'I thought the timescale was set, it was important to show the players were capable of being sold. Potential buyer no has an income from a player (Martins) as well of having him of the bill and he wasn't suited to the Championship'

Expects a few more to leave and 'one or two' to come in.

'Clearly not going to be sold before 5.30 on Saturday'

He says he expects on or two players to come in...but on who's recommendation? There's no manager so that doesn't sound likely.

More worrying for me is that it sounded very much like it was his decision to sell Martins, based on the fact that he was not suited to Championship football. Whether this is true or not is not the issue, but surely his strengths lie in financial issues not team ones.

Just a thought re: Martins, transfer embargo etc, but is it possible that the transfer embargo has NOT been lifted, but Martins was fortunate enough to have a relegation release clause on his contract?

The problem of the sale according to him is the wage bill all buyers are contmplating how to cover such a huge bill. Thats the main thing we have intersted parties but until they know how to cover our big hole no one will finalise this and move on..

Thomo. Never Ever post any ITK shit again please because its quite clearly bollocks (Either from you or your 'Source')

So its by the end of the month now. Just like it was supposed fucking by the end of June and according to Llambiarse this week.  :rolleyes:  :facepalm:

He is as fkn cluless as the rest it would seem BUT really he cannot give anything away he will be bound by the same non disclosure agreement as the club and any bidders.

skirge "half empty ?, the glass has smashed and ashley is standing on my head with my left cheek in the chards"

Thought what he said was quite positive to be honest. He obviously can't say too much but he did give some decent information.

Such as? I didn't listen to it all.

He explained why Martins went which sounded about right - the income looks good to the potential new owner(s) and also a large amount of money off the wage bill. Expects others to leave by the end of the month but also said he expects some to come in too.

Talking about us now. He is definitely acting for Buyers as well.

'Shock' to our revenue line from relegation is 'very severe. Around 35 - 40 million difference.

Latest is 'We are doing quite well. I wish there had been an announcement but it is not through lack of interest. As opposed to 2 years ago, the glass is half empty instead of half full.'

Avoided a question about Shearer, talking instead about the main problem being the wage bill.

'I thought the timescale was set, it was important to show the players were capable of being sold. Potential buyer no has an income from a player (Martins) as well of having him of the bill and he wasn't suited to the Championship'

Expects a few more to leave and 'one or two' to come in.

'Clearly not going to be sold before 5.30 on Saturday'

He says he expects on or two players to come in...but on who's recommendation? There's no manager so that doesn't sound likely.

More worrying for me is that it sounded very much like it was his decision to sell Martins, based on the fact that he was not suited to Championship football. Whether this is true or not is not the issue, but surely his strengths lie in financial issues not team ones.

Aye.

Wage bill bollocks, you want to lower the wage bill then you buy the fkn club then be incharge of selling those you need to inorder to lower said wage bill.

You don't wait this long making it harder to sell players and buy in new ones, utter shite about the wage utter utter shite.

Wage bill bollocks, you want to lower the wage bill then you buy the fkn club then be incharge of selling those you need to inorder to lower said wage bill.

Toy don't wait this long making it harder to sell players and buy in new ones, utter shite about the wage utter utter shire.

So you think our wage bill is sustainable? Or you think the new owner(s) should be in charge of reducing the wage bill? :doh:

He's right about what he said, especially about the income. It takes a massive hit and we need to find a way to ease the blow. Selling players, which brings in a transfer fee and also gets them off the wage bill, is one way of doing that.

Sure he said he had to prove to buyers that players could be sold. Surely someone like Shepherd would know players could be sold anyway.

Shepherd would have sold Martins for £3m. He probably didn't believe the value of the squad according to Ashley's figures.

"one flew over the newcastle online nest"

someone is gonna crack soon....

skirge 2/5

cp40   evens

big Tron/indi  3/1

dave  5/1

I'm going to put 1p on Madras at 1000/1

"one flew over the newcastle online nest"

someone is gonna crack soon....

skirge 2/5

cp40   evens

big Tron/indi  3/1

dave  5/1

way off the mark Madras, im lol at this whole situation.... got far better things to crack up about.

Fellas, you's need to remember that whilst Harris works for Seymour Pierce, he is also working on behalf of Mike Ashley. So, he will say we he's been told to with regards to us.

Also remember he said that a sale was close last year, so he's prone to bouts of fantasy too.

Toy don't wait this long making it harder to sell players and buy in new ones, utter shite about the wage utter utter shire.

So you think our wage bill is sustainable? Or you think the new owner(s) should be in charge of reducing the wage bill? :doh:

He's right about what he said, especially about the income. It takes a massive hit and we need to find a way to ease the blow. Selling players, which brings in a transfer fee and also gets them off the wage bill, is one way of doing that.

And they've only just figured all this out, right?