RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The season starts this Saturday.

At this point we need a freakin' manager. If Ashley is going to stay then so be it. We can't go on like this through August?!

Just hire a manager who is decent and knows the score as far as finances go and whether or not it will be possible to sign players etc.

It's a disgusting situation but it is what it is.

:undecided:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I thought it was strange that if there was a buyer why he would sell players before he has a manager?? Plus Keith Harris has just mentioned there would be players coming in??? Under who? all too strange for me and deffo no buyer sorry lads More fat to come...  :facepalm:

A Friday deadline rules out any new buyers and is a fkn hurrry up to those that are in talks now.

I can see them walking away and far c*** keeping us forever and ever

We can't wait forever if he has to be the owner so be it. Offer Shearer 3 year deal and get on with it....

Ashley stays forget Shearer coming in

It's better for him at least to commit to a season and appoint a manager now- while we might still be able to salvage something from the tatters of our pre-season preperations.

We cannot go on much longer like this. Sure, he'll want to sell again, but surely we're better off when Ashley's intentions and ours are aligned, albeit for a different reason?

have to say, i find the times article heartening.

if we are nit going to get a sale, then the best we can hope for is that he re-commits.

so hope it is accurate.

Absolutely agree, but he's a moron so he's bound to make his mind up on September 1st (but not before selling a good proportion of our players from a paper-thin squad).  Ah well, at least we'll get to see some of Wise's youngsters first hand, eh.

Guest Dennis Carter

if we are nit going to get a sale, then the best we can hope for is that he re-commits.

so hope it is accurate.

How many times can we let him get away with him putting us up for sale then taking us off the market when the heat dies down because it doesn't suit him? He puts the club up for sale season ticket sales are still strong considering our position our most valuable assets of a very small squad are then sold and he turns around and says he is willing to stick it out for another year....

He loves me.... He loves me not.... He loves me.... He loves me not....

If he re-commits to the club? Are some of you's mad? It's his ****ing about that got us into this position in the first place. If he stays, he's likely to welcome back Kinnear and possibly Wise (who is still on the payroll) What decent manager in their right mind would touch us with a barge pole at the moment?

Whats an "informal deadline" ? mean they don't have to wear a tie when they decide if they are going to buy us?

surely a deadline is a deadline

it means nowt...as does the validity of the rest of the article. if that source produced a pro ashley slant you'd be scathing.

remind yourself of what the source was.

ashley should never have put the club up for sale, or at least, he shouldn've carried on with a manager and a plan for the season like Portsmouth, or dare i say it, us under Freddy/SJH when the club was openly on the market. not that i want him in charge, in fact the decision is yet another in a long line of gigantic blunders he's made that have left us in the shit.

so hope it is accurate.

How many times can we let him get away with him putting us up for sale then taking us off the market when the heat dies down because it doesn't suit him? He puts the club up for sale season ticket sales are still strong considering our position our most valuable assets of a very small squad are then sold and he turns around and says he is willing to stick it out for another year....

He loves me.... He loves me not.... He loves me.... He loves me not....

im not saying im happy about it, and agree with your points, but its the best we can hope for if he cant sell.

much rather this than oblivion/administartion, which is what i fully expected tbh

If he re-commits to the club? Are some of you's mad? It's his ****ing about that got us into this position in the first place. If he stays, he's likely to welcome back Kinnear and possibly Wise (who is still on the payroll) What decent manager in their right mind would touch us with a barge pole at the moment?

and if he cant sell our other options are.......what exactly??

Lower the asking price. We all know the club is over-valued as it is and that it's real value will continue to plummet over the coming weeks and months. If he was that desperate to get shot of us, he'd have done so by now. He needs to cut his losses, take a bloody nose and let us move on. Him being in charge for another year will mean one thing - lurching from one disaster to another. Relegation.

Guest Dennis Carter

and if he cant sell our other options are.......what exactly??

His only option is to sell for whatever he can get regardless of how bad he comes out of it. The whole squad and coaching staff needs a massive revamp and with us kicking the first ball on Saturday teatime should he continue to hold onto the club he's clearly not willing to invest enough to keep the club a valuable prospect. With this stupid fat c**t in charge we could find ourselves in January worth a 10th of the over inflated figure he thinks we are worth now. As countless people have pointed out his previous business deals have shown him as someone who is irrational and a very illogical businessman and been very fortunate to get where he is with the gambles he has made. Sadly this is clearly one gamble too many for him because there are too many variables than affect the outcome, but unfortunately everyone can see it bar this useless w****r

We've not hit absolute rock-bottom yet btw. Things are shit but if we're in the bottom 6 come September 1st then I reckon that might just be the final straw for Ashley and he'll be prepared to take a bigger hit financially, to just sell us for whatever he can get.

If we're still bottom 6 come Xmas then I'll really start to panic. :neutral:   

All that icnewcastle stuff lastnight coz they updated about 1am and pow same again tonight :lol:

All that stuff that you claimed was significant and everyone else ignored?

Aye well it was the 1st time they had ever done that, seems that icnewcastle will now do 24hour updates :D

Their timing was shite like.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

If he was to sort us out right now and take the club off the market, financially how much would it cost him?

What difference would the fat one coming back and declaring we're going to the moon or some bollocks make. Fuck all happened last time.