RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont understand that Times article im afraid.

I think they're saying he's now so desperate to flog it that:

1. He's written off his losses.

2. He's willing to take £70-90m all in.

3. He's willing to sell it for just £20m up front, with the rest paid at a later date.

What a bipolar c***. :lol:

Cheers. ;D

So £20mil upfront is all people are willing to pay?

Not necessarily. As I said just above, this might be just to panic the existing bidder(s).

even if it were true the 20mill up front is not "the" price.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I thought Shepherd was supposed to have bid about 60m so why didn't he take that?. I think that article is bollocks tnh.

I thought Shepherd was supposed to have bid about 60m so why didn't he take that?. I think that article is bollocks tnh.

thats probably all he offered though whereas ashley wants more....even if it starts with just 20mill up front.

not sure if i've been reading this right but it seems like some folk are thinking the club is up for sale at 20mill.

If it's true, it sounds like Ashley is trying to make it as easy as possible for Moat or someone like him to buy the club.

If a buyer is having to borrow money to finance the deal, then the interest payments would leave less money for buying players and therefore a possible continuing downward spiral would be set up. That uncertain future may be what's putting buyers off. If Ashley is allowing interest-free payment by instalments, dependent on results, then the risk is far less and someone might take the plunge.

I dont understand that Times article im afraid.

I think they're saying he's now so desperate to flog it that:

1. He's written off his losses.

2. He's willing to take £70-90m all in.

3. He's willing to sell it for just £20m up front, with the rest paid at a later date.

What a bipolar c***. :lol:

Cheers. ;D

So £20mil upfront is all people are willing to pay?

Not necessarily. As I said just above, this might be just to panic the existing bidder(s).

even if it were true the 20mill up front is not "the" price.

No, but it would surely get loads more people interested.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Hmmm I recall there was a must provide proof of funds requirement befor you could do due dillybob? also they have been negociating for weeks and just today he's said "Moat you don't have enough mate"  :dowie:

If it's true, it sounds like Ashley is trying to make it as easy as possible for Moat or someone like him to buy the club.

If a buyer is having to borrow money to finance the deal, then the interest payments would leave less money for buying players and therefore a possible continuing downward spiral would be set up. That uncertain future may be what's putting buyers off. If Ashley is allowing interest-free payment by instalments, dependent on results, then the risk is far less and someone might take the plunge.

If it's true then why doesn't Ashley just quietly get the deal done with Moat or whoever rather than leak these favourable terms through the press?

If it's true then why doesn't Ashley just quietly get the deal done with Moat or whoever rather than leak these favourable terms through the press?

who said he leaked anything?

How else would it become public knowledge?

To me it sounds like all the interest from major parties has disappeared and he's trying to get them back in.

I still believe in the Moat bid. Fuck knows how much it is or anything though, and it certainly doesn't stack up with this story. :dontknow:

The billionaire, who banked £900 million when he floated his sports retail empire, Sports Direct, two years ago, believes that he needs to secure a sale quickly to give Newcastle a fighting chance of promotion from the Coca-Cola Championship this season.

I can't get over that shit though.

NOW? HE'S JUST REALISED NOW? :lol:

Can't possibly be true... can it?

Only one man is involved in the sale process?

The billionaire, who banked £900 million when he floated his sports retail empire, Sports Direct, two years ago, believes that he needs to secure a sale quickly to give Newcastle a fighting chance of promotion from the Coca-Cola Championship this season.

I can't get over that s*** though.

NOW? HE'S JUST REALISED NOW? :lol:

He basically logged on to his laptop today and was checking his e-mails and he got one of those reminders in Outlook saying the start of the season was 2 days away and he's s*** himself.

Not sure who's got a bid in or how much it's worth but I get the feeling that things are coming to a head and we're going to be sold very soon. No idea who is going to take over but Ashley's on his way out and that alone will remove the black cloud hanging over us. From what I gather, the fans just want him to go so they can get back to supporting the lads on the park.

Only one man is involved in the sale process?

Only the selling party has anything to gain by making those terms public, I can't see why any of the buying parties would release that information.

Guest Geordiekev

It's starting to spiral into another pile of crap, like everyone else I just want someone to come out and tell us the TRUTH what the hell is going on as I fear this is another stunt from Fat Mike to state he done his best but no suitable buyer could be sourced.

Not sure who's got a bid in or how much it's worth but I get the feeling that things are coming to a head and we're going to be sold very soon. No idea who is going to take over but Ashley's on his way out and that alone will remove the black cloud hanging over us. From what I gather, the fans just want him to go so they can get back to supporting the lads on the park.

Make absolutely no mistake about it when Ashley does go the supporters you think 'can get back to supporting the lads' quite simply will not. They aren't the rank and file, they are the spectators NOT supporters.

Your sentiments are admirable but you'll find in fact it will not happen.