RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The positive thing is that it makes absolutely no sense to suggest he's so desperate to get rid he's offering it for just £20m up front then also claim he's preparing to keep it. SURELY someone would bite on that offer, someone like Freddy for a start.

Where would freddy find the other 80 million tho.

Well consider he has the ~£65m he was supposedly offering previously. He must have already figured that he can 'afford' the wagebill and has a plan to get us straight back up.

£20m down, that gives him a £45m pot to play with for a year - to invest in the manager, the squad and basically make damn sure we make it into the Premier League. From there he could probably attract sufficient funds to pay back the £80m IMO, especially considering the sponsorship deals that are due for renewal at the end of the coming season.

This is all very basic and no doubt someone will call me on it, but I'm just saying that it seems feasible.

But if we get someone buying us on this buy now 20m pay 80m later does that not worry anyone that it was a huge gamble even with spending say  20m+ on players/management what if we dont go up? sponsorership etc wont cover whats owed what then..

Aye, basically no one has a clue whats going on.

Well apart from the Moatster and Ashley, there is definately something going on or The Moatster would have come out and denied it, he's a fan and if I was in his position I'd come out and deny these reports, he can't say he is involved in talks due to the non-disclosure agreement.

The positive thing is that it makes absolutely no sense to suggest he's so desperate to get rid he's offering it for just £20m up front then also claim he's preparing to keep it. SURELY someone would bite on that offer, someone like Freddy for a start.

Well consider he has the ~£65m he was supposedly offering previously. He must have already figured that he can 'afford' the wagebill and has a plan to get us straight back up.

£20m down, that gives him a £45m pot to play with for a year - to invest in the manager, the squad and basically make damn sure we make it into the Premier League. From there he could probably attract sufficient funds to pay back the £80m IMO, especially considering the sponsorship deals that are due for renewal at the end of the coming season.

This is all very basic and no doubt someone will call me on it, but I'm just saying that it seems feasible.

But if we get someone buying us on this buy now 20m pay 80m later does that not worry anyone that it was a huge gamble even with spending say  20m+ on players/management what if we dont go up? sponsorership etc wont cover whats owed what then..

Oh of course. There are no guarantees. But it's the kind of gamble anyone is going to have to take - even Mike Ashley himself.

YES

Means they start off owing a total cunt £80mill and also that they may not have the means to support the club anyway. But I think its just an atempt to try and get Moat and whoever else is serious to up their bids

Oh of course. There are no guarantees. But it's the kind of gamble anyone is going to have to take - even Mike Ashley himself.

yeah suppose it could attract a buyer who could affored the club outright but would find it hard to stump up that and the cash needed for players to have us challanging on top of that

I would rather pay fat man off asap, wouldn't fancy owing him 80 million.

Depends on the terms, it may be much more attractive than having to borrow it from elsewhere.

Again, I don't think this would automatically attract chancers who only have £20m - that's not something to worry about IMO. Anyone interested will probably still have to prove to SP they can theoretically afford the full thing.

I would rather pay fat man off asap, wouldn't fancy owing him 80 million.

Depends on the terms, it may be much more attractive than having to borrow it from elsewhere.

Again, I don't think this would automatically attract chancers who only have £20m - that's not something to worry about IMO. Anyone interested will probably still have to prove to SP they can theoretically afford the full thing.

If you have the dosh, just pay it off and get rid of him otherwise he will still be hanging round the club like a bad smell.

Oooh I feel ruff this morning

Hoy get off the fkn laptiop

EDIT: and stay of my PC!

:laugh:

:lol:

Skirge, you fkn mentalist

Hey don't blame me... blame the fool that okay'd his account

I don't believe that Journal article at all, hopefully its just there to calm us down a bit because this is by no means a done deal. ashley is in hawaii?? what a total bellend. although this meeting today is to find a compromise, so its positive he hasnt outright rejected it and is willing to negotiate.

"I would rather pay fat man off asap, wouldn't fancy owing him 80 million."

ask the dole for a loan, they do interst free ones and deduct from ya fortnightly cheq.

actually i dont mind not paying ashley 80m if it means us having 40m to invest in players.  More important than just being petulant towards someone whos a fool, and freed us from FFS.

SO far we have no proof ashley is out to destroy us, just that hes an idiot.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

ask the dole for a loan, they do interst free ones and deduct from ya fortnightly cheq.

actually i dont mind not paying ashley 80m if it means us having 40m to invest in players.  More important than just being petulant towards someone whos a fool, and freed us from FFS.

To be fair I think thats what must be the stumbling block, the fact that he needs a bit of cash to buy players. As for proof of MA trying to destroy us just look back over the past 2 years and our current state?

If the fat man would let our new prospective owner take a £80m interest free loan (which this basically would be) and only pay £20m today, then why the hell should that not be used? £80m today is worth more than £80m in a year.

Not that I believe that those reports are true, btw.

Praise the lord we're freed from being a mid table Premiership club with £70m debt, now we can move onwards and upwards as a Championship club rapidly losing any decent players with £120m debt (80 to Ashley + 40 overdraft)

A publicity-hungry MP sticking his oar in is not going to help. He doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Any anti Ashley publicity that may get national coverage is welcome, can't you see that?

A publicity-hungry MP sticking his oar in is not going to help. He doesn't have a clue what's going on.

Any anti Ashley publicity that may get national coverage is welcome, can't you see that?

Spot on, mind the bloke is so arrogant it probably won't matter but every little helps I suppose