RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wally_McFool

"Ashley’s PR people said today: "As it stands the process is still ongoing, although it’s a slow process. As far as Mike is concerned, he either sells it or he doesn’t. Then he will make plans accordingly."

Jesus wept  :facepalm:

Clueless twat.

what fuckin PR people???/  ;D

"Ashley’s PR people said today: "As it stands the process is still ongoing, although it’s a slow process. As far as Mike is concerned, he either sells it or he doesn’t. Then he will make plans accordingly."

Clueless twat.

The ghost of Rod Hull

Clueless twat.

He'll probably have JFK as the "half time hero" doing the geordie jackpot draw!

Clueless twat.

Must be the same firm Saddam Hussein used

Clueless twat.

Must be the same firm Saddam Hussein used

Ah of course Chemical Ali

If it is true what the Journal are climing and Ashley is asking for payment of some kind in to a speified account then this is great news. As with any large sale a designated account controlled by lawyers acting on behalf of the clients is normal. Even better is the signal of intent by Ashley that he is infact willing to deal and is putting the ball in the court of Moat to either put up or shut up!

Either way IF this is correct I find it encouraging.

Or it could be that Moat doesn't have £25m to put down immediately and Ashley is using that figure to tell him to f*** off basically.

Yes but in this article they claim that he hs already proven that he has the funds, the question is will he spind it?

I think the only question is will anyone give Ashley the price he is looking for? I doubt it and all this has just been a waste of time if that's the case.

it already seems quite obvious he wont get the 100mill originally quoted so it could well be just haggling to find a price both parties can agree on.

If the sale goes through then that will prove to be true. If it doesn't you'd have to question why Ashley put the club on the market in the first place rather than just get on with running the club in a fit and proper manner.

because he put a price on it he thought he could get. as times moved on he's had to adjust it. naturally when you are selling something there'll be a price below which you wont go.

if that about giving money to lawyers is true it does seem like a put up or shut up and could be the beginning of the end of this whole sorry mess.

But no one asked him to put the club up for sale in the first place. Even Freddie Shepherd didn't advertise the club or stop running it properly in the hope of selling it and he's considered thick by most here.

i thought plenty asked him to put the place up for sale. while he's been running it its been losing money. seems like he's hit a point where he's just said enough is enough. outside of not appointing a manager he's stil been running things thats meant his hand in his pocket.

I thought no-one had since he said "2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together" and "I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels."

Has he fuck been running things, things have been left to run themselves (down). No-one's receiving any kind of direction from the top. Plus at this time of year the club will have already received a large part of it's annual income (last year's TV revenue and this year's season tickets), so money is only coming out of his pocket now if he's used that to reduce the loan to himself rather than the overdraft and was intending to sell the club without that income in the accounts.

I don't think we'll be sold this year myself, but if we are, it's already a black mark in the books of the new owners from me for being part of the fiasco that's allowed it to drag on so long and all but kill any chance we had of going back up next year by preparing properly for this season. If it does turn out that there have been any serious bidders they should have put a deadline on Ashley selling them the club of at least a month ago.

If Ashley stays does he not realise that far fewer people will go to the games as fans in general will be demoralised, and the players will be hugely demoralised also. The atmosphere around the club will be so negative and it will be extremely difficult to push for promotion under these circumstances. The chances are that in a year he will still be stuck in the championship with a club that is of even lesser value.

I'm hoping the threat to stay is just some sort of scare tactic to squeeze some more money out of someone, because if he is really contemplating it at this point he is doomed.

And when pressed on Moat’s bid to take the club on, a representative of the Ashley camp said: "Barry Moat is not in the driving seat. There are still others out there but nothing is likely to be resolved before Saturday’s game with Reading."

Thomo's still in there.

Still have a great deal of difficulty believing Ashley is so obtuse that he thinks the value of the club is going to rise the longer he holds out. It's just bizarre.

How can it be so obvious to so may people yet still he thinks he can broker a better deal for himself while the club falls a little bit further behind each day that he holds out?

He'll not hold out longer than the end of this week IMO; he'll either sell or take it off the market.

How it's gone this long (with the fucker holidaying in Hawaii leading up to the season and stuff) in the first place is anyone's guess. It's seemingly obvious he doesn't give a flying fuck about the club's fate. Which as you say, makes no sense.

I genuinely believe he's deluded beyond anything we've ever seen - he thinks someone will give him £100m now, and if not we'll piss the league regardless.

"It's life Jim, but not as we know it."

No deadlines and no changes in the last few weeks regarding the sale of the club. Put up £100 million and the club is yours. MA has gone to a lot of help to assist interested parties to tie up a deal, but to no avail. Two main parties interested, neither of who have been mentioned in the media.

David Craig on SSN.

No deadlines and no changes in the last few weeks regarding the sale of the club. Put up £100 million and the club is yours. MA has gone to a lot of help to assist interested parties to tie up a deal, but to no avail. Two main parties interested, neither of who have been mentioned in the media.

David Craig on SSN.

Wonder what kind of help? Lining up JFK as manager to ease the process?

Seriously though, what kind of reception does MA think he will get on Saturday. Sure enough we have to back the team but I think IF MA is to attend on Saturday, our feelings towards him must be made abundantly clear. This may act as the required catalyst to get him to put his arse in gear either way

David Craig now on SSN saying that they've been unable to contact Moat, and apparently Ashley has done "all he could" to get groups into negotiations.

He's a fucking brown-nosing cunt isn't he, fucking clueless.

Does me in Ashley does not/will not negotiate he just wants someone anyone to put the £100mill onto his bank.

Bollocks that I bet he knows as much as us.

I hate him.  People take the piss out of us for thinking we are a big club, well they should tell the media to stop treating us like one.  If Shearer took over tomorrow it would be all that was on SSN all day,when Ancelotti took over Chelsea, yes it was there main news but they weren't camped outside The Bridge and probably spent 10 mins every hour on the story.

'Put up £100 million and the club is yours.'

Er, nobody is putting it up Mike. And you've forgotten the overdraft and the wagebill people have to sort out.

Can anyone hazard a guess at why anyone would believe the club not decreasing in value by the day?