RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Selling Jonas,  Sideshow and the cockney c*** S Taylor would be a good thing as all three are utter rubbish and would struggle in League 1

I'm starting to think you're actually an urban myth, everything you've said in here recently has been completely ludicrous.

So two Argentina internationals and the England Under 21's captain aren't good enough for League 1? Really?

From you post it is quite clear that you do not go to Newcastle games.  Now  please go and throw yourself in front of a high speed train

So you think Jonas, Colo and Taylor aren't good enough for league 1?  1 Current Argentine international, the former England U21 Captain and the man that used to keep Ayala and Samuel out of the Argentine team.

Mental

What is this 'League 1' stuff all about?

Selling Jonas,  Sideshow and the cockney c*** S Taylor would be a good thing as all three are utter rubbish and would struggle in League 1

I'm starting to think you're actually an urban myth, everything you've said in here recently has been completely ludicrous.

So two Argentina internationals and the England Under 21's captain aren't good enough for League 1? Really?

From you post it is quite clear that you do not go to Newcastle games.  Now  please go and throw yourself in front of a high speed train

So you think Jonas, Colo and Taylor aren't good enough for league 1?  1 Current Argentine international, the former England U21 Captain and the man that used to keep Ayala and Samuel out of the Argentine team.

Mental

He said they couldnt even cut it in league 1

Mental

He said they couldnt even cut it in league 1

Musta missed that, thought the confusion of all these silly 'league names' we now have, was getting to him. Instead it was getting to me!

Nailed on more players will be sold, Jonas and Colo will go and reckon Tyals will be sold to along with Jose and maybe Smith or Butt.

I seriously doubt Taylor will be going anywhere and I have a feeling Smith might stay, not sure about Jonas.  Hopefully we can sell Coloccini and I'd be delighted to see Butt leave the club, also it has to be a priority to remove Geremi from the wage bill.  We would then be in a position to more then cover the loss in revenue from being relegated (£25-£30m drop in wages plus 25m-30m in transfer fee's)

Thing is them wanting to stay and being able to stay is the problem, if Everton do sell Lesscott hen I reckon Moyes will bid for Taylor, if we get a half decent bid for Smith Ashley will take it.

Jonas, Colo and Jose will all jump at the chance to leave if one comes up, all this will happen if Ashley keeps the club he gets money in and lowers the wage bill, ideal for him.

If he keeps the club his only aim will to go back up, that's the only way he can get his money back.  If we're still in the Championship next year we'll be worth even less then we are now.  He's not going to spend big money obviously but I don't believe he'll sell anyone we get a decent offer for either.

We were going to get into the top 6 by sticking with Kinnear, selling Given & N'Zogbia and bringing in Nolan & Taylor  :thup:

Aye.

The bloke is completely delusional. I wonder if anyone is telling him this kind of thing or whether he's just surrounded himself with yes men.

No doubt what Kinnear was telling him.  I can't see O'bleary telling him he can sell everyone and still get promotion.  He might be a crappyish manager but he's not insane.

If it is true what the Journal are climing and Ashley is asking for payment of some kind in to a speified account then this is great news. As with any large sale a designated account controlled by lawyers acting on behalf of the clients is normal. Even better is the signal of intent by Ashley that he is infact willing to deal and is putting the ball in the court of Moat to either put up or shut up!

Either way IF this is correct I find it encouraging.

Or it could be that Moat doesn't have £25m to put down immediately and Ashley is using that figure to tell him to f*** off basically.

Yes but in this article they claim that he hs already proven that he has the funds, the question is will he spind it?

I think the only question is will anyone give Ashley the price he is looking for? I doubt it and all this has just been a waste of time if that's the case.

it already seems quite obvious he wont get the 100mill originally quoted so it could well be just haggling to find a price both parties can agree on.

If the sale goes through then that will prove to be true. If it doesn't you'd have to question why Ashley put the club on the market in the first place rather than just get on with running the club in a fit and proper manner.

because he put a price on it he thought he could get. as times moved on he's had to adjust it. naturally when you are selling something there'll be a price below which you wont go.

if that about giving money to lawyers is true it does seem like a put up or shut up and could be the beginning of the end of this whole sorry mess.

But no one asked him to put the club up for sale in the first place. Even Freddie Shepherd didn't advertise the club or stop running it properly in the hope of selling it and he's considered thick by most here.

i thought plenty asked him to put the place up for sale. while he's been running it its been losing money. seems like he's hit a point where he's just said enough is enough. outside of not appointing a manager he's stil been running things thats meant his hand in his pocket.

I thought no-one had since he said "2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together" and "I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels."

Has he fuck been running things, things have been left to run themselves (down). No-one's receiving any kind of direction from the top. Plus at this time of year the club will have already received a large part of it's annual income (last year's TV revenue and this year's season tickets), so money is only coming out of his pocket now if he's used that to reduce the loan to himself rather than the overdraft and was intending to sell the club without that income in the accounts.

I don't think we'll be sold this year myself, but if we are, it's already a black mark in the books of the new owners from me for being part of the fiasco that's allowed it to drag on so long and all but kill any chance we had of going back up next year by preparing properly for this season. If it does turn out that there have been any serious bidders they should have put a deadline on Ashley selling them the club of at least a month ago.

Exactly. That's my point, if he now takes the club off the market because no one will give him a price which they never agreed to in the first place, it means he's been running the club down for the second season in a row - for no reason whatsoever. The only hope has to be his threat to keep the club is another one of his customary lies.

The Mail says that a deal was almost done with Everton last week for Steven Taylor but they are concentrating on Senderos first. 

Personally, I would find that hard to believe because that would just leave us with Colo and Kadar and surely Colo would be out the door first.  I can understand selling some players if we have others in those positions but as we have already got rid of 3 centre halves plus Beye who could cover that position, it would be ridiculous to leave us with the kids in that position.