RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think it is the first time they have confirmed the identity of one the interested parties.  Previous information has always been bollocks.

FYP.

Who has confirmed what?  Ashley has given us names ?

Since when?

The addition of the other 2 may well just be in case someone gazumps Moat at the last minute. It's probably pretty much a done deal with the paperwork being drawn up as we speak.

One thing I've thought about though, although we'd be happy with Moat as owner, would we be equally as happy with him as Chairman. He has no experience of running a football club, and whilst he could hardly do any worse than the current lot, I'd like to see him install an experienced man at the top to ensure we are moving in the right direction.

In addition, if Shearer does get the job, I hope he at least keeps Chris Hughton on as part of his backroom team. He's had to contend with a whole heap of shit, and should be allowed to at least see the season out

David Craig: Speculation over past few days about cut price deal, but they are in discussions for a £100m deal.  If Moat successful, Shearer shoe-in.  That's what fans have been asking for. Newcastle have had a brilliant start. Remains to be seen what happens.  There are two unnamed consortiums as well, three groups still involved.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In addition, if Shearer does get the job, I hope he at least keeps Chris Hughton on as part of his backroom team. He's had to contend with a whole heap of shit, and should be allowed to at least see the season out

Totally agree, for all his failings as a Caretaker Manager, Chris Hughton has at least got on with it. The man deserves to see out his contract at the least. He's taking in reserve and youth games, and seemingly appears to give a toss about the situation.

Hmmmm ... this two other bidders crap makes me think this could still be dragging on for a little while.

Who knows though, perhaps the surprisingly high turnout for the first home game and the teams performances so far have encouraged some bidders who were perhaps doubtful about the teams ability to return to the premier league. If there is suddenly an increase of interest we owe it all to Shola. A true living legend.

my latest contribution towards 500 pages

I give you this link:  :frantic:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/4551678.BREAKING_NEWS_Ashley_flies_in_for_Newcastle_talks/

WITHIN the last hour Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley arrived in his private helicopter at the club's training ground for talks.

With some of the Newcastle squad still on the training pitch preparing for tomorrow's game with Sheffield Wednesday Ashley and Derek Llambias walked towards the offices at the Magpies Darsley Park complex.

Ashley is hoping to conclude negotaitions on the sale of Newcastle with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat. Ashley was sporting his trademark open neck white shirt and was chatting with Llambias as they made their way past some of the players.

One thing I've thought about though, although we'd be happy with Moat as owner, would we be equally as happy with him as Chairman. He has no experience of running a football club, and whilst he could hardly do any worse than the current lot, I'd like to see him install an experienced man at the top to ensure we are moving in the right direction.

Derek Llambias. :thup:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/4551678.BREAKING_NEWS_Ashley_flies_in_for_Newcastle_talks/

WITHIN the last hour Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley arrived in his private helicopter at the club's training ground for talks.

With some of the Newcastle squad still on the training pitch preparing for tomorrow's game with Sheffield Wednesday Ashley and Derek Llambias walked towards the offices at the Magpies Darsley Park complex.

Ashley is hoping to conclude negotaitions on the sale of Newcastle with Tyneside businessman Barry Moat. Ashley was sporting his trademark open neck white shirt and was chatting with Llambias as they made their way past some of the players.

Blatantly bidding their farewall. To which some of the players will no doubt say 'But who are you?'. ;)

Blatantly bidding their farewall. To which some of the players will no doubt say 'But who are you?'. ;)

"i'm the bloke that sells trackie bottoms"

Derek Llambias. :thup:

This Derek would do a better job

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3430/derekb.th.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/newcastle-confirm-moat-takeover-talks-1773714.html

Press Association Sport understands Ashley wants decisive action by the end of this week, or he could decide to carry on at the helm himself, something neither he nor the club's fans particularly want.

:doh:

Last week called, it wants its news back.

Then the week before that called and said they also want its news back.

he deserves a bloody medal,once all the crap is sorted out lol.

Even when he's made poor decisions you can't be angry at the fella, considering the circumstances.  This story in the metro yesterday reminded me of his postion

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?90kg_shot_putter_takes_on_100m&in_article_id=720733&in_page_id=34

Why :lol:

Well, you know.  That lass wasn't a sprinter, she was a shot putter.  Chris isn't a manager, he's a coach.  They both got put into situations that weren't their forte and got on with it, made the best of it.  Yeah, she didn't win because she's 90kg, but she didn't come last.  Look, this made more sense in my head, OK.

OK boys, looks like it is on.

Ashley at training ground, announcing to the players that the takeover is done.

Hughton in charge for SW game, Shearer to take up the reins on thursday.

Taylor to stay, Barton and Collocini to go

Campbell and Lvenkrands in

Beckford in by next week plus three other signings already lined up.

Carver and Lee to the club next week, Hughton to stay, Calderwood to go

fucking hurry it up already, this shit better not fall through, im actually shock this fat turd is actually gonna sell,  thought he was stringing us along,

il believe it when it happens.  goddamn mofo!!!!  :facepalm:

Is this speculation from yourself or the word on the street?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1207354/Newcastle-brink-100m-takeover-Barry-Moat-Mike-Ashley-flies-clubs-training-ground-talks.html?ITO=1490

Newcastle on brink of £100m takeover by Barry Moat as Mike Ashley flies in to club's training ground for further talks

by COLIN YOUNG

Last updated at 1:13 PM on 18th August 2009

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has flown into the club's training ground as talks to sell the club gather pace.

The troubled North East club have confirmed they are in advanced talks with local businessman Barry Moat to clinch a £100million deal to sell the club.

Ashley flew in his helicopter just after midday and he is expected to team up with managing director Derek Llambias at the training ground before meeting Moat, who is putting together a buy-out package.

On Saturday, Moat sat between the pair as Newcastle recorded a 3-0 win over Reading in their first home game of the season. Before the match he asked for more time to convince his bankers to lend extra funds to buy the club from Ashley.

Alan Shearer, who will be Moat's first choice as manager if he can pull off the takeover, is being kept abreast of any developments in the negotiations.

Ashley is also expected to meet caretaker manager Chris Hughton who was preparing the squad for Wednesday night's meeting with Sheffield Wednesday at St James's Park.

Senior players have been demanding a meeting with the club's board following a summer of frustration. They wanted to see Shearer appointed as manager in May, the last time Ashley was seen at the training ground, but have been left in dark as Ashley tries to sell the club.

The sportswear magnate refused to appoint Shearer as permanent boss because he did not want to impose a new man on prospective owners. Last week after talks with David O'Leary broke down, Ashley threatened to re-appoint Joe Kinnear who was forced to quit through ill health in January.

Really.