RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

The point isn't really whether we own it or not.  Rather that we don't need to spoend hundreds of millions of pounds on a new one like some clubs do.

Exactly, money generated in the ground is the clubs, nobody elses therefore its worth to us is huge.

Justification for the price? You think the stadium is worthless? Training ground/academy worthless?  How many people have paid for players that we havent seen money for yet?  What about goodwill, sure the club isnt looking too rosey financially but its repairable for anyone with real business acumen.

Good point- what about goodwill? Why would any purchaser consider an asset that is merely an accounting filler to reflect a purchase price over the net value of the assets?

The stadium and training ground are assets. But you can't sell the stadium and the land is covenanted so the only way you can make money out of it is by playing football there- you therefore cannot look at it in isolation. It is part and parcel of the loss-making football operation.

And if the business is repairable by someone with more brain cells than Ashley then why should Fat Mike get the benefit of an inflated price? Let the purchaser take the benefit.

Liverpool was bought for about £400m and they still need a further £400m for a ground, hence they are going to be in debt for decades. £100m for a club which in all honesty is only a bit of depth away from walking this league isnt too far a stretch given the obvious advantages should you regain promotion. The club debts are by and large a result of gross mismanagement and downright stupidity, any new buyer who sees this and makes the right decisions and appointments can change all that.

It's not about debt, it's about cash. Debt is fine.

We all hate Ashley here but if he sold for £50m can you justifiably say thats a fair price when promotion and limited spending would claw that fee back in 18 months even in a eventual relegation. We could well have ended up with another schmuck on for a quick profit at that price...

Hold on, a better class of businessman pays double the price- what sort of logic is that?

And how would promotion claw that amount back? Would we just stop paying wages?

newcastle do not own their stadium, so to the club it is worthless.

We own the building and the land is under lease.  I am sure the lease will be worth something too, how many years left on the lease? 

The land is only worth something to people who do not want to use it as a football stadium, which the council will not allow.  It just means the club can never sell up and develop houses on it, a bit like York city have agreed to do.  The council can revoke the lease I guess but it is virtually never ever going to happen.  To someone wanting to set up a new football club in Newcastle the stadium would be worth £100m to them as the only other option would be to buy or lease the land elsewhere and rebuild a new one, probably cost twice that to do it that way.

Guest Roger Kint

Justification for the price? You think the stadium is worthless? Training ground/academy worthless?  How many people have paid for players that we havent seen money for yet?  What about goodwill, sure the club isnt looking too rosey financially but its repairable for anyone with real business acumen.

Good point- what about goodwill? Why would any purchaser consider an asset that is merely an accounting filler to reflect a purchase price over the net value of the assets?

The stadium and training ground are assets. But you can't sell the stadium and the land is covenanted so the only way you can make money out of it is by playing football there- you therefore cannot look at it in isolation. It is part and parcel of the loss-making football operation.

And if the business is repairable by someone with more brain cells than Ashley then why should Fat Mike get the benefit of an inflated price? Let the purchaser take the benefit.

Liverpool was bought for about £400m and they still need a further £400m for a ground, hence they are going to be in debt for decades. £100m for a club which in all honesty is only a bit of depth away from walking this league isnt too far a stretch given the obvious advantages should you regain promotion. The club debts are by and large a result of gross mismanagement and downright stupidity, any new buyer who sees this and makes the right decisions and appointments can change all that.

It's not about debt, it's about cash. Debt is fine.

We all hate Ashley here but if he sold for £50m can you justifiably say thats a fair price when promotion and limited spending would claw that fee back in 18 months even in a eventual relegation. We could well have ended up with another schmuck on for a quick profit at that price...

Hold on, a better class of businessman pays double the price- what sort of logic is that?

And how would promotion claw that amount back? Would we just stop paying wages?

Regardless of what you can do with it the ground is part and parcel of our club, without it revenue is limited. Obvious surely? If you buy a corner shop you pay for the property/goodwill etc, you cant buy the business as a separate entity as without the premises can you?

Am struggling to see what benefit Ashley gets here. He pays £250m and sells for £100m. Care to fill in his amazing benefit here?

Clearly you dont understand that at a far lower price more people will want to buy, its logical that some will only see a quick profit as a result. Without spending addition fees then TV/Premier League deals would give a large PROFIT. I am daffled you cant see where wages fit in to that.

We own the building and the land is under lease.  I am sure the lease will be worth something too, how many years left on the lease? 

The land is only worth something to people who do not want to use it as a football stadium, which the council will not allow.  It just means the club can never sell up and develop houses on it, a bit like York city have agreed to do.  The council can revoke the lease I guess but it is virtually never ever going to happen.  To someone wanting to set up a new football club in Newcastle the stadium would be worth £100m to them as the only other option would be to buy or lease the land elsewhere and rebuild a new one, probably cost twice that to do it that way.

I think it's a rolling 99 year lease or something like that. The land is owned by the freemen of the city, and I'm sure there is some sort of covenant that the land has to be used for a sports ground, hence why SJH wanted to turn it into a smaller arena type facility when the club wanted to move to leazes park

I think it's a rolling 99 year lease or something like that. The land is owned by the freemen of the city, and I'm sure there is some sort of covenant that the land has to be used for a sports ground, hence why SJH wanted to turn it into a smaller arena type facility when the club wanted to move to leazes park

Wasn't it one of the first things SJH did when he came in, speak to the council and ask them to grant a longer lease, 99years.  Wast this agreed back in 1992 hence the start of the work on the Leazes end?

Guest Roger Kint

Wasn't it one of the first things SJH did when he came in, speak to the council and ask them to grant a longer lease, 99years.  Wast this agreed back in 1992 hence the start of the work on the Leazes end?

Its protected in the 1988 Town Moor Act, not sure if the lease runs from that date or was amended after SJH came in though.

Guest Nige_S5

f*** me sideways! The lad has already said he was taking the piss!

But the original ITK/WUM backed the story. Either he had a lucky guess, or Redheugh is talking cack.....

Take your pick. You've the rest of the day to decide.  :coolsmiley:

But the original ITK/WUM backed the story. Either he had a lucky guess, or Redheugh is talking cack.....

I think David Icke just stumbled across an excellent way of proving that our original "ITK" was talking shit.

I think David Icke just stumbled across an excellent way of proving that our original "ITK" was talking shit.

I agree. That's why I'm not arsed that he made up his own ITK information, he did it for a brilliant purpose.

Guest icemanblue

I'd already decided after the 354th ITK in this thread (page 6, I believe) was proven to be utter balls.

Guest Nige_S5

Apparently the poster formerly known as Redheugh has sent a PM to David Icke in which he states that the deal is almost done but that it will be announced next week. From Toontastic.

So when DI said it would be announced tomorrow (today), why did Redheugh say that was right? How many times can the bloke put the dates back and people still believe him? Worse than Llambias....