RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Redheugh

All Bollocks then Redhugh

THE AMERICAN consortium bidding to buy Newcastle United look doomed to fail after talks with Seymour Pierce collapsed.

The US-based bidders   jetted into London last Friday but talks reached stalemate after they failed to provide proof of funds.

The Chronicle understands that discussions on the possible takeover are now taking place between United’s managing director Derek Llambias and a representative of the US group based across the Atlantic via a conference call.

But the unorthodox method of negotiation has  led to no further progress being made in attempts to broker a deal.

Really?

THE AMERICAN consortium bidding to buy Newcastle United look doomed to fail after talks with Seymour Pierce collapsed.

The US-based bidders   jetted into London last Friday but talks reached stalemate after they failed to provide proof of funds.

The Chronicle understands that discussions on the possible takeover are now taking place between United’s managing director Derek Llambias and a representative of the US group based across the Atlantic via a conference call.

But the unorthodox method of negotiation has  led to no further progress being made in attempts to broker a deal.

Really?

:rolleyes: http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ya_rly.jpg

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/04/us-group-s-talks-with-seymour-pierce-collapse-72703-24607957/

Guest ToonBart

Right.

I am not winding anyone up. I just want an end to the farce at St. James'.

I have given out some priveliged info on here.

I do not work for the Chron, Thompson Press. I have stated who I work for. Dont want to post it here.

Talks are happening this afternoon - The US bid is credible, 100%. Legally backed both here and in USA.

ok, just one more question, and I am not saying I do or don't believe you, like the X files... I want to believe... but didn't you say they were already in talks before that?

Talks with SP.

Now with DL/MA

ta.  :coolsmiley:

like Columbo... just one more question, have they proved funds or not? ;)

YES

You were saying  :nope:

Guest Nige_S5

The US-based bidders   jetted into London last Friday but talks reached stalemate after they failed to provide proof of funds.

I shouldn't laugh, but it is either that or cry, so :lol:

(not literally you) You really couldn't make this s*** up! Only at NUFC.   :crazy2:

Some one has Amy. We were told that money was deposited ("enough to buy a football club" was I believe the gist of the quote). Along with news that it's only days away from completing (a week or so ago....).

The US-based bidders   jetted into London last Friday but talks reached stalemate after they failed to provide proof of funds.

I shouldn't laugh, but it is either that or cry, so :lol:

(not literally you) You really couldn't make this s*** up! Only at NUFC.   :crazy2:

Some one has Amy. We were told that money was deposited ("enough to buy a football club" was I believe the gist of the quote). Along with news that it's only days away from completing (a week or so ago....).

It's always another week, Nige.   :no:

Guest sicko2ndbest

The overdraft had to be reset on Tuesday by all accounts. Thought we would have heard something about this, this week, one way or another

I thought it was significant that Moat looked a forlorn figure on Monday night sitting away from MA and DL.

On a positive note i think the fact tat Hghton has not been given the full time position now the window is closed shows there is something actively going on, or is he simply waiting for Kinnears doctors note to run out! :(

The thing i hate about this, is that now we have a shit owner to x-mas, no one know where we are heading. 99,9% chance nothing happens during that window.

Then summer, up for sale again, we hopefully are promoted. The fat fuck them slams a crazy ass price on the club,(its a fkn PL club you stupid yanks(asians, arabs, local, south african, south american,<list goes on..>), gimme 400M quids or fk off...) and tries to sell, 99.5% sure, nowt is going to happen...

Then, we are going to fight relegation again, i just can see us getting out of this mess, Fat Ash don exactly look like a person who will settle for a loss.

Im depressed...

need beer.

:facepalm:

I'm confident you lot will get sold before Christmas. Thing is that the situation you were after getting relegated, losing all your better players, etc... was very bad looking. You had a lot of people even pointing you to drop like a stone and beating Leeds' run into infamy. With that kind of thing only chancers and cheap bastards were probably willing to invest on the club. Now with the ball rolling, you getting good gates and winning games... everybody can see you're not going straight into oblivion, so I'm sure that other investors will see you as a potential good investment. And you might end up with a better owner that if you got fire-saled during the summer.

I'm confident you lot will get sold before Christmas. Thing is that the situation you were after getting relegated, losing all your better players, etc...  was very bad looking. You had a lot of people even pointing you to drop like a stone and beating Leeds' run into infamy. With that kind of thing only chancers and cheap bastards were probably willing to invest on the club. Now with the ball rolling, you getting good gates and winning games... everybody can see you're not going straight into oblivion, so I'm sure that other investors will see you as a potential good investment. And you might end up with a better owner that if you got fire-saled during the summer.

Good point, and i hope your right :thup:

I can imagine a serious consortium loaded with cash turning up at location and waiting for Ashley to arrive, only for him to slide into the room wearing his white shirt, socks and briefs ans singing into a toilet brush like that scene out of Risky Business.