RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm confident you lot will get sold before Christmas. Thing is that the situation you were after getting relegated, losing all your better players, etc... was very bad looking. You had a lot of people even pointing you to drop like a stone and beating Leeds' run into infamy. With that kind of thing only chancers and cheap bastards were probably willing to invest on the club. Now with the ball rolling, you getting good gates and winning games... everybody can see you're not going straight into oblivion, so I'm sure that other investors will see you as a potential good investment. And you might end up with a better owner that if you got fire-saled during the summer.

I think you're right, and if the best we could have done for a new owner this time around was Moat, then not selling right now is not necessarily a bad thing. IF we can get back up or look like we're near certain to at Christmas (and that's a big if, mind) then I think we'll find that we're in a good position to get sold and have a decent owner. Relegation might end up being a blessing in disguise in this situation, as we would have purged the rot in our club.

But that being said, there are too many "ifs" in that scenario to feel anything but dread if you're an NUFC fan at the moment. We'll have to just wait and see.

The brilliant start may have made us look more attractive to investors, but it's also got the pound signs rolling for big Mike.

The better we do, the longer he'll hold on for money until he squeezes every penny possible out of someone interested. If we go up, the price will probably jump up to an even more unrealistic £400m.

We'll be lucky to be sold before Christmas 2020 tbh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The brilliant start may have made us look more attractive to investors, but it's also got the pound signs rolling for big Mike.

The better we do, the longer he'll hold on for money until he squeezes every penny possible out of someone interested. If we go up, the price will probably jump up to an even more unrealistic £400m.

Agreed to a certain extent, but to stay a premiership team if we go up will require mucho dinero in transfers and wages so its a double edged sword.

If we go up we will still only be worth between 140-180 million. It would take a huge sustained investment over 2-3 seasons to turn us into a regular top 10 team which could demand a premium for a GUARANTEED premiership team.

I dont thinks there is that much in it for Ashley, maybe 20 million extra should we go up compared to 30-40 million less should we stagnate

Agreed to a certain extent, but to stay a premiership team if we go up will require mucho dinero in transfers and wages so its a double edged sword.

If we go up we will still only be worth between 140-180 million. It would take a huge sustained investment over 2-3 seasons to turn us into a regular top 10 team which could demand a premium for a GUARANTEED premiership team.

I dont thinks there is that much in it for Ashley, maybe 20 million extra should we go up compared to 30-40 million less should we stagnate

Aye, to the logical thinker. This is Ashley. He sees Premiership, he sees money. He won't settle for less than 250m if we go up IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye, to the logical thinker. This is Ashley. He sees Premiership, he sees money. He won't settle for less than 250m if we go up IMO.

Then we will be welcoming the fat one to our ground for years to come! :(

The only clubs that are worth 250mil + are Man U/C, Arse, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spuds, mainly based on their income and quality of squad. For us to have that type of squad would require 3-4 seasons of consistent premiership progress so we look an attractive option not only to potential owners but also to top players. That would require one hell of an investment

Guest burtyboy

If ashley is incharge all season we wont get promoted 100% our squad isnt good enough. FACT.

We have no hope of going up automatically. Dont let the good start fool you. We are very average.

I havent missed a game though, so i am a twat and line ashleys pockets.

I hate myself.

But i hate ashleys fat face more.

How much to do him in?

I think the last thing we needed this season was anything to moan about & Ashleys basically given us & the players a shitload as usual.

If things go wrong at any point that will just breed the whole feeling sorry for ourselves, negative bs that massively affected us last season. It puts pressure on the players, which affects their confidence, which then affects their performances, which then undermines both their and the managers ability etc Us fans then compound that.

So far this season we've had nothing but positive results & the confidence thats breeding is why we're being successful. If at any point this season it all starts going tits up, it may be that everyone is going to be far to ready to grasp a hold of it all just so they can prove once again to themselves and Ashley that hes massively fucked it all up because hes a twat. Rather than just ignoring it and carrying on regardless. If we get hit with injuries & our cover isnt good enough...results start going wrong etc. I will be pleasantly suprised if they manage to keep the confidence & positivity of it all going. Im hoping we just dont reach a point where we find out our cover isnt good enough, so far we havent anyway.

If ashley is incharge all season we wont get promoted 100% our squad isnt good enough. FACT.

We have no hope of going up automatically. Dont let the good start fool you. We are very average.

I havent missed a game though, so i am a twat and line ashleys pockets.

I hate myself.

But i hate ashleys fat face more.

How much to do him in?

Wot he said.  :thup:

Amazing how a few wins against shite teams has resulted in more than a few heeds gannin' up a few arses.  :facepalm:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we do get sold and hopefully promoted, the new owners will have to pump big amounts of money into the manager. If we do get promoted, this current squad will need serious re building to be able to stay in the Premiership, or we will just suffer another depressing season and relegation again. Very few players in our current crop are capable enough in the top flight, Gutierrez, Harper, S.Taylor...Guthrie at a push...Whoever buys us (And when) needs to be able to see Shearer or whoever it may be will need a generous amount of cash to keep us in the top flight. All this is considering we do get promoted.

We haven't played any of the s*** teams in this league yet really.

This.

We've played some of our toughest matches already and come through well. If the squad stays relatively fit I think we'll be top in January.

Injuries to two or more of Taylor, Ameobi, Smith or Enrique would be a killer though.

We haven't played any of the s*** teams in this league yet really.

This.

We've played some of our toughest matches already and come through well. If the squad stays relatively fit I think we'll be top in January.

Injuries to two or more of Taylor, Ameobi, Smith or Enrique would be a killer though.

Leciester and Reading are both crap, the others won't be there at the end either imo.

Possibly Cardiff?  They beat us next Sunday and they'll be favourites again.  I wouldn't write them off yet.

They've had Jones as manager for a few years now and the squad seem to have picked up the horrible thing that happens to all of Curbishley's and Bruce's squads - look really good only for the lads to knock off 8 games early and slump to fuck.

Possibly Cardiff?  They beat us next Sunday and they'll be favourites again.  I wouldn't write them off yet.

They've had Jones as manager for a few years now and the squad seem to have picked up the horrible thing that happens to all of Curbishley's and Bruce's squads - look really good only for the lads to knock off 8 games early and slump to f***.

Fair point but I still think they'll be there or thereabouts (3rd, 4th, 5th) just because the standard is pretty low in this division.

Guest Lets Dance

One thing is for sure, the current squad we have will see us come straight down unless the rebuild starts in January. Whilst winning promotion is something to aim for I cant help feel that we could experience the worst and most depressing season (next season) of our clubs history if we do go up this summer.

If we win promotion Ashley will up his asking price for the club to silly numbers. I'm sure we will bring in two or three new players if we go up but I imagine they will be purely squad players, not enough to ensure we make a good account of ourselves in the Premiership and certainly not enough to beat the drop.

Thing is, what are we going up for? To avoid relegation by the skin of our teeth each season? To languish in midtable season after season? To pay more for match day and season tickets?

I'm enjoying our time in the Chamionship more than I thought I would. Of course we are performaing well but much of it has to do with how open the league is and that there isnt an established closed shop at the top of the league like in the Prem. Plus, now we have fallen out of the Prem the press have focused their sniping and talons away from us.

One thing is for sure, the current squad we have will see us come straight down unless the rebuild starts in January. Whilst winning promotion is something to aim for I cant help feel that we could experience the worst and most depressing season (next season) of our clubs history if we do go up this summer.

If we win promotion Ashley will up his asking price for the club to silly numbers. I'm sure we will bring in two or three new players if we go up but I imagine they will be purely squad players, not enough to ensure we make a good account of ourselves in the Premiership and certainly not enough to beat the drop.

Thing is, what are we going up for? To avoid relegation by the skin of our teeth each season? To languish in midtable season after season? To pay more for match day and season tickets?

I'm enjoying our time in the Chamionship more than I thought I would. Of course we are performaing well but much of it has to do with how open the league is and that there isnt an established closed shop at the top of the league like in the Prem. Plus, now we have fallen out of the Prem the press have focused their sniping and talons away from us.

Think you've summed it up well there. If we get promoted Ashley will raise his asking price to £300 million or something, we'll go through another summer of limbo as he says a sale is only just around the corner, we'll get a few players in on transfer deadline day then battle against relegation all season

Think you've summed it up well there. If we get promoted Ashley will raise his asking price to £300 million or something, we'll go through another summer of limbo as he says a sale is only just around the corner, we'll get a few players in on transfer deadline day then battle against relegation all season

If that happens the fans should just walk imo so Ashley is forced to lower his asking price

Guest toonlass

If that happens the fans should just walk imo so Ashley is forced to lower his asking price

Where should we walk to?

Where should we walk to?

Round my house for a nice cup of tea!