RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't be arsed mate. If you can't see the funny side of Mike Ashley claiming - after all that's gone on over the last year - that he's going to have final say on the players we buy and sell then you're just being contrary for the sake of it.

nope i just think in most cases managers don't have the final say (think ronaldo) just they have 'within reason' and i'm still not sure where that was regards nufc under keegan.

if you know different tell me.

Can't be arsed mate. If you can't see the funny side of Mike Ashley claiming - after all that's gone on over the last year - that he's going to have final say on the players we buy and sell then you're just being contrary for the sake of it.

or that he is going to appoint another 'manager' way out of his depth. dickhead will probably sabotage our promotion effort and try to sell up next season for £60m.

If Newcastle can win promotion back to the Premier League, Ashley believes the club could be worth at least £150m.

So almost doubling what he is trying (and failing) to sell it for now. Is that realistic? The squad will still need a fuckload of investment to avoid relegation.

If Newcastle can win promotion back to the Premier League, Ashley believes the club could be worth at least £150m.

So almost doubling what he is trying (and failing) to sell it for now. Is that realistic? The squad will still need a fuckload of investment to avoid relegation.

No doubt he will expect promotion with no money spent on transfers, a couple more players flogged off and an interim coach out of his depth given the manager's job.  :doh: even if we did go up, this sounds like he will try to sell us again at the first opportunity, wrecking our chances of staying up. we really need the dickhead to fuck off sharpish.

Exactly. It's about as far from reality as the prick is himself.

People complain about silence from the club. Then when he makes his position clear, they still complain.

If someone can't stump up £80 million, then it's very questionable whether they're in the right position to take over the club. It also feels right that the uncertainty is brought to an end sometime soon.

People complain about silence from the club. Then when he makes his position clear, they still complain.

If someone can't stump up £80 million, then it's very questionable whether they're in the right position to take over the club. It also feels right that the uncertainty is brought to an end sometime soon.

This is how I see also.

So we should be happy that Ashley would have final say over the manager on all transfer dealings?

Why is Ashley bothered whether anyone is the right person to take over the club? If he's going to hold out for the right price before he sells then he better not bank on us being definite promotion candidates this season from what I've seen over the last few games. If we slip out of the top two positions things could get very ugly for Ashley imo.

Moat was involved two years ago with a previous attempt to buy Newcastle United in partnership with Jon Asgeir Johannesson, the former boss of the Icelandic investment company Baugur, which went bust.

I see Baz keeps some great company. Who are his backers now? LlyodsTSB? RBS? AIG?

This clown had the wedge man.

Personally it would be nice to hear from Marry Boat or someone from his team leak how he wants to run Newcastle United to the media. If he needs details on how to leak stuff he should get advice from club insider/Llambliar.

This clown had the wedge man.

Personally it would be nice to hear from Marry Boat or someone from his team leak how he wants to run Newcastle United to the media. If he needs details on how leak stuff he should get advice from club insider/Llambliar.

Moat plans to keep Ashley on board after the takeover and do the exact opposite of whatever Ashley suggests.

Appointing Hughton will just put the ribbon on Fat Mikes gift of disaster.  Devoid of tactics, living off the fact we have won games mainly due to the lack of any credible opposition.  As for signings, Ashley is probably flicking through YouTube now, looking for his next star loan signing.  Why doesn't he just ring the two South American agents he did a favour for last year and recall the favour.  Every time you think this saga has reached the depths, it goes lower.

Well I thought the club had already "confirmed" that they had received bids of £100m and then that they had received a bid just short of 100m and then that they had a agreement with Moat but the overdraft had to be sorted with the bank and that was the hold-up. 

Now he wants £80m! 

Just more confusing statements from Ashley to muddy the waters.  Who knows what to believe.

Well I thought the club had already "confirmed" that they had received bids of £100m and then that they had received a bid just short of 100m and then that they had a agreement with Moat but the overdraft had to be sorted with the bank and that was the hold-up. 

Now he wants £80m! 

Just more confusing statements from Ashley to muddy the waters.  Who knows what to believe.

Hopefully its £80m and no debts, but i doubt it.

Sullivan and Gold got over £80m for Birmingham, both want back in to football, both know what they are doing. Open arms welcome tbh.

i didn't realise they wanted to be back in football. it would be nice if they were interested, seemed to know what they were doing @ birmingham

Now he wants £80m! 

well what he says here is he wants 80m up front no overtime stuff etc, the previous bid the papers talked about could have been structured to be a long time payment thing