RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

voted for the septics, whoever they may be, as i'd like to believe a yank businessman would have enough about him to not sabotage his own investment to the brink of oblivion

malaysians reminds me of dodgy betting on games, rather steer well clear of them - that'd just take the fucking cake that wouldn't it?  to be a vehicle for illegal asian betting

Because we knew City would reject the bid. We had been negotiating with them concerning Given. Newcastle knew they had no chance of landing Johnson and it was only a smokescreen to show they were trying to do something. Just as the Richardson bid was. They knew Sunderland would never accept, but at least they were trying eh? That last day of the transfer window was a joke and the club tried to pull the wool over our eyes that they were making an effort to get players in. When in reality they didn't want to do anything other than make a profit, then prey that it would be enough to keep us up. Kinnear knew this as well. Yes man though.

saved me the effort, nail on head

all clubs bid what they think for players and if the selling clubs want too much they pull out........however from the time of the rooney bid, if we don't actually sign the player then it was all just to con the supporters.

the Rooney bid was genuine, and he would have been a Newcastle player had Man U not bid higher, Rooney himself alludes to this.

The fact we sold Given the day before to Man city, the fact that Man city were never going to sell him, or anyone for that matter. Earlier that day they'd basically said that they weren't going to sell any of their squad.

It was all nonsense, surely

Because we knew City would reject the bid. We had been negotiating with them concerning Given. Newcastle knew they had no chance of landing Johnson and it was only a smokescreen to show they were trying to do something. Just as the Richardson bid was. They knew Sunderland would never accept, but at least they were trying eh? That last day of the transfer window was a joke and the club tried to pull the wool over our eyes that they were making an effort to get players in. When in reality they didn't want to do anything other than make a profit, then prey that it would be enough to keep us up. Kinnear knew this as well. Yes man though.

all clubs bid what they think for players and if the selling clubs want too much they pull out........however from the time of the rooney bid, if we don't actually sign the player then it was all just to con the supporters.

the Rooney bid was genuine, and he would have been a Newcastle player had Man U not bid higher, Rooney himself alludes to this.

The fact we sold Given the day before to Man city, the fact that Man city were never going to sell him, or anyone for that matter. Earlier that day they'd basically said that they weren't going to sell any of their squad.

never ever believe what a club says unless it can be verified by another. ferguson said ronaldo was going nowhere and beckham, wenger said anelka was going nowhere. man utd said they had no transfer cashand would be signing no-one else two days before signing rooney.

never ever believe what a club says unless it can be verified by another. ferguson said ronaldo was going nowhere and beckham, wenger said anelka was going nowhere. man utd said they had no transfer cashand would be signing no-one else two days before signing rooney.

you're supporting my point re. Rooney with that useful post.

Michael Johnson on the other hand? come on, last hour of the transfer window, club that blatantly weren't selling anyone that day.....

Michael Johnson on the other hand? come on, last hour of the transfer window, club that blatantly weren't selling anyone that day.....

that was MY point re rooney. how many other bids do you think were made by other clubs in the last few hours ? there valuation was higher than ours and if 5-7 mill was the bid as reported then i think we got the valuation correct and they over valued him.

MOst places (ie) Talkshite are reporting that these bids are meeting the asking price and away we go.  Are we being TOO negative here?

They're all working on the assumption that Llambias is telling the truth, does anybody actually believe the lying bastard? My take on it is there have been no bids made, and there are unlikely to be at the price the fat idiot is asking.

Yip, which is why FFS is supremely confident of taking over with a bid of £60M plus the OD.

that was MY point re rooney. how many other bids do you think were made by other clubs in the last few hours ? there valuation was higher than ours and if 5-7 mill was the bid as reported then i think we got the valuation correct and they over valued him.

We never wanted to sign him though. They knew fine well City wouldnt sell from the Given negotiations.

We never wanted to sign him though. They knew fine well City wouldnt sell from the Given negotiations.

as far as i'm aware johnson came as an afterthought to the given deal after something else didn't come off.

We were never going to sign Johnson, they picked a player we needed (a midfielder) from a team who clearly weren't selling anyone in the last HOUR of the transfer window. Wise up

i just don't see why ? seems we offered what i would consider a fair price.

Guest Wally_McFool

Just as well we didn't sign Michael Johnson.

We have had enough fat over-rated bloaters in our team over the years without signing another one.

http://i39.tinypic.com/i75wkp.jpg

We were never going to sign Johnson, they picked a player we needed (a midfielder) from a team who clearly weren't selling anyone in the last HOUR of the transfer window. Wise up

Weren't we making noises about signing M'bia and Veloso all through the window before finally ringing City and the Mackems with those last minute panic bids? The whole exercise was a joke which was only made worse by Kinnear shouting for months beforehand how he was going to hit the January window with mike's backing. it was bollocks from start to finish and the sooner these clowns are out of here the better.

I voted for the Malaysians incidentally. Money isn't everything but it's much better to have plenty of it.

South Africans :harry:

???

If it was Johann Rupert I'd certainly be happy with that.

Why Rupert? He's only worth 1.2 billion USD, while fellow South African Nicky Oppenheimer is worth more than 5 billion USD. I know who I'd choose of the two. :)

Weren't we making noises about signing M'bia and Veloso all through the window before finally ringing City and the Mackems with those last minute panic bids? The whole exercise was a joke which was only made worse by Kinnear shouting for months beforehand how he was going to hit the January window with mike's backing. it was bollocks from start to finish and the sooner these clowns are out of here the better.

I voted for the Malaysians incidentally. Money isn't everything but it's much better to have plenty of it.

good points

As i've said before, the fact we refused to pay anymore than £5m for Mbia but then 'bid' £8m for Johnson is laughable, absolutely laughable

good points

As i've said before, the fact we refused to pay anymore than £5m for Mbia but then 'bid' £8m for Johnson is laughable, absolutely laughable

I understand we put together an overall package of £10.75 million for M'bia.