RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest pont-toon

isnt that fella the sultain of brunai supposed to be a newcastle fan? and isnt that around about malaysia ish ?

conspiracy theory.....

you can see the headline in the sun "the sultain of broon, aye"

i'll get me coat  :facepalm:

Guest geordienorway

isnt that fella the sultain of brunai supposed to be a newcastle fan? and isnt that around about malaysia ish ?

conspiracy theory.....

you can see the headline in the sun "the sultain of broon, aye"

i'll get me coat  :facepalm:

:mackems:

I was scanning through Newcastle Utd-mad.co.uk and there's a bloke on their forum who says he knows a lad high up in the club who says that the club has been sold. He sounds pretty convincing to me.

Far be it from me to be sceptical but his opening gambit was 'Listen very carefully, I will say this only once.'

;D

David Craig on SSN saying he has spoke to Llambias but was told he wishes he could say more but his hands are tied. The Malaysians were apparently impressed and its looking like they are def front runners and once a purchase agreement is signed the club would be as good as theirs

David Craig on SSN saying he has spoke to Llambias but was told he wishes he could say more but his hands are tied. The Malaysians were apparently impressed and its looking like they are def front runners and once a purchase agreement is signed the club would be as good as theirs

Hmmmm. Yes I see.  :facepalm:

Found this article from 2005.

http://www.footieweek.co.uk/news/viewarticle.asp?id=114

Rumours have been circulating in recent months that the Magpies could be the subject of a takeover bid from a Malaysian consortium and a separate one headed by a "cash rich British entrepreneur" who wants to bring back former Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan in a senior role, according to The Daily Express.

???

This one looks like it could have substance. I hereby drop my guard of scepticism.

Incidentally, David Craig said that Llambias couldn't say anything because his hands were literally tied. Hopefully someone else is flying the helicopter arf arf.

Incidentally, David Craig said that Llambias's hands couldn't say anything because his hands were literally tied.

Won't be long before news breaks that Skirge has taken them all hostage or something. :lol:

Malaysian businessmen tour United training HQ

Published Date: 02 July 2009

A DELEGATION of Malaysian businessmen visited Newcastle United's training ground today as efforts continued to sell the crisis-torn club.

Managing director Derek Llambias showed the group around the state-of-the-art complex in Benton, while Keith Harris - tasked with selling the club - talked to interested parties in London.

The identity of the group is unknown but club sources say a deal will be struck in the next few days, with Alan Shearer the favoured managerial candidate among most of those keen on buying United.

There is also said to be interest from a group based in Qatar.

For the latest updates, see tomorrow's Gazette.

No substance but might as well go along with it.

He was aying it earlier today and is a regular.  So seems reliable.

Does he have a source, and has he been right on anything before?

Piece of piss to make stuff up when the media don't know anything.

Btw Louise Taylor in the Guardian has picked up on the Malaysia thing but still reckons the Yanks are favourites and an announcement won't happen until the middle of next week. In fact it just reads as a re-hash of Caulkin's story, with some Hughton comments on pre-season and the Malaysia rumours stuck in at the last minute.

Guest geordienorway

He was aying it earlier today and is a regular.  So seems reliable.

Can you copy/paste it?