RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest fading star

Tbh IF that story is true (and I doubt it is - reads like more column-filling to explain the lack of official news), it can only be a good thing.

If it is true (as if) it’s a long winded way of saying the parties can’t agree a price.

Tbh IF that story is true (and I doubt it is - reads like more column-filling to explain the lack of official news), it can only be a good thing.

If it is true (as if) it’s a long winded way of saying the parties can’t agree a price.

If they want it and Ashley wants to sell then a compromise will be found, it's just a matter of time. The worry is how long that will be, but there's a trade off for the buyer between the club's value depreciating over time and the amount of work being too much.

Again, if there is a serious buyer that is close to meeting the asking price I remain pretty positive about it all for now. Time is running out though.

Guest fading star

Like the time Ashley wanted Keegan to come back, and Keegan wanted to return, so a compromise was inevitably reached.

Does Ashey do compromise?

Er, I already qualified my statement. If Ashley is serious about selling (and you apparently don't believe he is?) then he'll have to. Nobody is going to pitch up and say 'here's your £100m, no questions asked'.

Guest fading star

Er, I already qualified my statement. If Ashley is serious about selling (and you apparently don't believe he is?) then he'll have to. Nobody is going to pitch up and say 'here's your £100m, no questions asked'.

Ashley wants to sell, but I fear he lacks the rationality to accept a realistic price. The obsessive level of confidentiality concerns me as well, as does this line about Ashley not knowing who the bidders are. Bit odd all round, the sale of the club is.

Yup dam true, as I don't have £100mill to give the cunt to fk off.

Yup dam true, as I don't have £100mill to give the cunt to fk off.

Plus you're not as thick as Mike Ashley. :pow:

Yup dam true, as I don't have £100mill to give the c*** to fk off.

Plus you're not as thick as Mike Ashley. :pow:

:lol: Well thats not hard though really.

:D

But I swaer to god if I had it I would pay him it to go

Even if someone goes through every single detail, there's always going to be a high element of risk in buying a football club. The income is to a large part determined by results on the pitch, and that will always be uncertain.

It's why I'm a little unsure about these so-called consortiums, especially if finance companies are involved. An owner of a football club can never rely on getting a return on their investment.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Has anyone got examples of when a consortium has worked?

Sunderland?

I suppose, in terms of championship success, but they have one owner now

Sunderland?

Because the members of the consortium had a deal that they would sell the club after 3 or 5 years, cant remember....

Guest sicko2ndbest

And Shearer is now hopeful of decisive movement this week on the Toon’s tortuous takeover saga.

At least three of the four groups in the running to buy United would want Shearer as manager.

One bidder, former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd, flies back to Tyneside from Mallorca today also expecting developments before next weekend.

Having gone public with their bid, the Singapore-based Profitable Group also await a firm response from Seymour Pierce, the investment bank overseeing the sale process.

And although the identity of the supposedly Malaysian consortium in the running remains uncertain, it is not the first time Newcastle have attracted buy-out interest from that corner of South East Asia.

Malaysia’s former Minister of Finance, Tun Daim Zainuddin, looked into the prospect of buying United several years ago.

Known simply as Daim, the 70-year-old – estimated to be worth around £6.3 billion – spends much of the year in London and has a confirmed interest in English football.

Sunday sun

Sunderland?

I think there's something about football clubs which lends itself to individual rather than collective ownership or control. Even in situations where there is joint ownership (eg the Shepherd era) one leader tends to emerge, with the rest taking a back seat. It's not just the financial aspect, but the speed with which decisions have to be made and large amounts of money spent.

Liverpool is a prime example where joint leadership has been a bit of a disaster.

:facepalm:

And some people want the person who sorted all these contracts out back in charge of the club.

Jesus.

Its a rule man, and not in his contract.

Do we know that as fact though, that it is a Premier League rule? Not sure myself. Sunday Sun is hardly a paragon of truth is it.