RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:facepalm:

And some people want the person who sorted all these contracts out back in charge of the club.

Jesus.

Its a rule man, and not in his contract.

There's no rule to say you continue to pay some part of a players wages when they leave the club.  Sounds to me like yet another fantasy story from the sunday rags.

Guest sid1984

I hate quoting Football Manager but if you have a player whose contract expires, you get a choice to release him on a free or keep them on a month to month contract. If you do nothing on the game they automatically stay on a month to month contract. With the farce that is going on at the club, if our 'Football Secretary' has not relinquished Owen's registration he would still be classed as our player to pay for a further month. So unless we officially released him and Cacapa and Viduka at the end of the season we might have to keep paying them.

I hate quoting Football Manager but if you have a player whose contract expires, you get a choice to release him on a free or keep them on a month to month contract. If you do nothing on the game they automatically stay on a month to month contract. With the farce that is going on at the club, if our 'Football Secretary' has not relinquished Owen's registration he would still be classed as our player to pay for a further month. So unless we officially released him and Cacapa and Viduka at the end of the season we might have to keep paying them.

but then if he was still registered as ours he wouldn't be registered for man utd at the same time.

Guest sid1984

but then if he was still registered as ours he wouldn't be registered for man utd at the same time.

They may have had to pay him up until the date the registration changed hands then.

Anyway folks - and I've been holding off saying this - I'm afraid nothing at all is going to happen this coming week. I've got the week off work, see. Nothing EVER happens when I'm waiting for it to happen. :lol:

They may have had to pay him up until the date the registration changed hands then.

which was 2nd or 3rd of july wasn't it ?

Guest sid1984

which was 2nd or 3rd of july wasn't it ?

Sorry I thought it was later than that what on earth are the Sunday Sun on about then, has anyone started a boycott of all local papers yet if so deal me in!

Anyway folks - and I've been holding off saying this - I'm afraid nothing at all is going to happen this coming week. I've got the week off work, see. Nothing EVER happens when I'm waiting for it to happen. :lol:

Probably the reason why transfer deadline day is such a damp squib for NUFC, because people like me (and I'd guess you) sit clicking refresh on three different sport websites with SSN in the background all day long, phone in hand waiting for any "we signed Kaka!" texts. :lol:

Guest Phil K

You know, I never thought I would actually HATE people in charge at Newcastle.

Freddie just got me irritated at his lunatic decisions. Westwood and all thoseother pre-John Hall types I regarded as crooks in the club for what they could squeeze out of it. But I never hated them. They were just corrupt.

With Ashley and Lamb's arse I hate them with a vengeance for how they are destroying our club slowly and methodically, intensifying the pain anguish and humiliation.

I hope the worst can happen to these b*stards.

:facepalm:

And some people want the person who sorted all these contracts out back in charge of the club.

Jesus.

Unbelievable.

That sh*tbag Owen continues to sh*t all over our club, laughing as he does it.

And is now the rags darling because he signed for Man U hope the tw*t catches swine flu. (and DOESN'T recover like Micah Richards)

I am sure I read somewhere that clubs are required to pay players for a further month if they have not found a club.  It is nothing to do with their contract but rather something to do with the FA or something like that.  Not sure what happens if there is a big difference in sallary.

I am sure I read somewhere that clubs are required to pay players for a further month if they have not found a club.  It is nothing to do with their contract but rather something to do with the FA or something like that.  Not sure what happens if there is a big difference in sallary.

I've never heard of this rule until now, it doesn't even make any sense either.  A player can discuss moving to a new club well before his contract expires anyway, in my opinion its nonesense.

I guess all these news articles prove that the press simply cannot ignore us.

As there blatantly is no news to report on with regards to the buy out, the only thing that can explain the daily "there will be news this week" stories is the media's continuing obsession with us.

I guess all these news articles prove that the press simply cannot ignore us.

As there blatantly is no news to report on with regards to the buy out, the only thing that can explain the daily "there will be news this week" stories is the media's continuing obsession with us.

:sadnod:

Never fails to get my hopes up though. :( :doh:

Anyone think the players kicking off will hurry Ashley up? like all this from Bassong, the mass exodus threat, I mean what can they do? they cannot walk out, he will just ignore them surely?

Anyone think the players kicking off will hurry Ashley up? like all this from Bassong, the mass exodus threat, I mean what can they do? they cannot walk out, he will just ignore them surely?

It would only strengthen the buyer's position. A disaffected squad means more money to fix, so they'll be less willing to pay the asking price.

Having said that, if the buyer thinks time is too limited already they may end up pulling out thinking it's too big a job.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-newcastlebid&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Former Sunderland shareholder preparing Newcastle bid

14 minutes ago

DUBLIN, July 12 (Reuters) - A former Sunderland shareholder said on Sunday he was putting together a consortium to bid for Newcastle United.

Irish publican Charlie Chawke, part of the Drumaville consortium which bought Sunderland in 2006 before selling its stake earlier this year, said talks on purchasing the Championship (second division) club were at an early stage.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley officially put the club up for sale for 100 million pounds ($162 million) last month and British media have reported that one consortium from Malaysia and another from the U.S. are in pole position to take over.

“We are in talks with Newcastle at the moment. Our legal and financial people are speaking to the legal and financial people over there,” Chawke told Irish state broadcaster RTE.

“Negotiations are not too advanced. It’s at an initial stage but we have got a fairly good response. There’s great interest, it’s just a matter of putting the money together.”

Chawke said he hoped to assemble a group of investors of similar size to the eight that bought Sunderland and that fellow former shareholder and publican Louis Fitzgerald was part of the new consortium.

He said that both did not wish to leave Sunderland but were outvoted when American businessman Ellis Short bought the group’s stake in May.

“We had three great years there (Sunderland) but unfortunately we’re gone now and we’re looking for options. We have to look at options other than Sunderland and Newcastle would fit very nicely into our portfolio.”

“Newcastle is a very viable option at the moment. It’s for sale for about 100 million pounds, which is about 500 million less than it was worth a year and a half or two years ago.”

Guest toonlass

Christ on a Segway. Is our club not a big enough circus without this bloke getting involved?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images-3.jpg

Same article on Reuters.

Most credible claim so far as he's actually bought a club before and recently got a big profit for it.

Christ on a Segway. Is our club not a big enough circus without this bloke getting involved?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images-3.jpg

Apparently it's a two horse race between him and a consortium of the Raggy Dolls. I hear the Family Ness are also pondering a late bid though.