RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

No thankyou i'mnot looking for any mackem involvment. at this stage we need closure not another spanner in the works nd lets face it he's a spanner!! :idiot2:

I have a feeling that anyone we hear about, and especially those we hear from, can be discounted as serious bidders out of hand, seeing as anyone who is a serious bidder will have signed a non-disclosure document and therefore will not be talking about it. The big worry about the Profitable Group was that they were just publicity-seeking time-wasters and I think that's been backed up with them releasing an official statement saying that they've made a bid, when if the actually had they wouldn't be able to talk about it. I get the impression that anyone talking about just entering the fray now can also be discounted, as if they were serious about it they would already be in discussions with the club. It's not like they can say they've only just found out that we're up for sale, they've had long enough to make a move and if they haven't done it already they're not going to.

We won't be bought by anyone we've been hearing a great deal from through the press, it'll be someone we've only heard vague rumours about or someone we've not thought of at all. Even Freddie's not been mouthing off in the press and that worries me to be honest, the less we hear from him the more worried I get. He must be gagging to spill his guts to the press and the longer it goes on before we see that the greater I think the chances of the nightmare scenario of him regaining control become. I won't be able to sleep well until I've read a huge interview piece with him in one of the tabloids, saying about how he's going to ride back into SJP on his white charger and take us back to glory. I'm telling you, if we hear from him before this is all over then it's good news as it means he's given up hope of actually getting his hands on the club.

I have a feeling that anyone we hear about, and especially those we hear from, can be discounted as serious bidders out of hand, seeing as anyone who is a serious bidder will have signed a non-disclosure document and therefore will not be talking about it. The big worry about the Profitable Group was that they were just publicity-seeking time-wasters and I think that's been backed up with them releasing an official statement saying that they've made a bid, when if the actually had they wouldn't be able to talk about it. I get the impression that anyone talking about just entering the fray now can also be discounted, as if they were serious about it they would already be in discussions with the club. It's not like they can say they've only just found out that we're up for sale, they've had long enough to make a move and if they haven't done it already they're not going to.

We won't be bought by anyone we've been hearing a great deal from through the press, it'll be someone we've only heard vague rumours about or someone we've not thought of at all. Even Freddie's not been mouthing off in the press and that worries me to be honest, the less we hear from him the more worried I get. He must be gagging to spill his guts to the press and the longer it goes on before we see that the greater I think the chances of the nightmare scenario of him regaining control become. I won't be able to sleep well until I've read a huge interview piece with him in one of the tabloids, saying about how he's going to ride back into SJP on his white charger and take us back to glory. I'm telling you, if we hear from him before this is all over then it's good news as it means he's given up hope of actually getting his hands on the club.

Good post.

:clap: I agree with you on this all this bragging is just pretty stupid by these so called bidders and is not very professional tbh although the Malaysians is a different situation as they were spotted twice and its hardly there fault unless someone had ignorantly mistaken them for potential buyers but were Japanese tourists. :Jonny2J:

Good point regarding Shepherd, though he has supposedly been out of the country and I bet the 'BBC Sport understands' stuff came from him blabbing to someone.

I don't think you have much to worry about anyway, because I reckon he's probably just lodged a cheapo in case everything else falls through. This isn't based on anything of course, just hunch.

Good point regarding Shepherd, though he has supposedly been out of the country and I bet the 'BBC Sport understands' stuff came from him blabbing to someone.

I don't think you have much to worry about anyway, because I reckon he's probably just lodged a cheapo in case everything else falls through. This isn't based on anything of course, just hunch.

I think he's bid 60m and is waiting for the fallout from the other bids (if any are still in that is).

Anyone else think a takeover is really important?

If we get stuck with Ashley, then a return to the Premiership is going to be unlikely and the wage bill will be too high. We need this takeover IMO.

If we get stuck with Ashley, then a return to the Premiership is going to be unlikely and the wage bill will be too high. We need this takeover IMO.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8672/thxcaptainobvious.jpg

:clap: Excellent point. Superb stuff.

:facepalm:

:clap: Excellent point. Superb stuff.

:facepalm:

The point is time is pressing now. We don't have a manager and still have last seasons squad.

We need new owners now. Not Ashley. At the moment we still have Ashley, so a takeoever is needed because the horse has bolted for him and he doesn't care anymore

I think this is something we all agree on.

Guest pont-toon

WUM? Come on man...surely? :lol:

i agree with him

unfortunately i also agreed with this sentiment a month ago - which just goes to show how much dogs "do do" we are in

definate wum btw