RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Christ on a Segway. Is our club not a big enough circus without this bloke getting involved?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images-3.jpg

Apparently it's a two horse race between him and a consortium of the Raggy Dolls. I hear the Family Ness are also pondering a late bid though.

:lol:

Paying attention to the figures he's spouting at least it sounds like he knows it would take further investment to get the club back to that value, meaning hopefully their consortium would be prepared to invest heavily immediately in getting us promoted on the first try. 

Could all be bunk too though.  Just wish this was over already. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-newcastlebid&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Former Sunderland shareholder preparing Newcastle bid

14 minutes ago

DUBLIN, July 12 (Reuters) - A former Sunderland shareholder said on Sunday he was putting together a consortium to bid for Newcastle United.

Irish publican Charlie Chawke, part of the Drumaville consortium which bought Sunderland in 2006 before selling its stake earlier this year, said talks on purchasing the Championship (second division) club were at an early stage.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley officially put the club up for sale for 100 million pounds ($162 million) last month and British media have reported that one consortium from Malaysia and another from the U.S. are in pole position to take over.

“We are in talks with Newcastle at the moment. Our legal and financial people are speaking to the legal and financial people over there,” Chawke told Irish state broadcaster RTE.

Negotiations are not too advanced. It’s at an initial stage but we have got a fairly good response. There’s great interest, it’s just a matter of putting the money together.”

Chawke said he hoped to assemble a group of investors of similar size to the eight that bought Sunderland and that fellow former shareholder and publican Louis Fitzgerald was part of the new consortium.

He said that both did not wish to leave Sunderland but were outvoted when American businessman Ellis Short bought the group’s stake in May.

“We had three great years there (Sunderland) but unfortunately we’re gone now and we’re looking for options. We have to look at options other than Sunderland and Newcastle would fit very nicely into our portfolio.”

“Newcastle is a very viable option at the moment. It’s for sale for about 100 million pounds, which is about 500 million less than it was worth a year and a half or two years ago.”

Guest toonlass

there is something funny going on

http://www.goldweekenders.com/2007images/keith-harris-orvil.jpg  +  http://www.toonhound.com/chalk.jpg

Yup its Orvilly suspicious that the TOON will be taken over by a TV clown. Maybe its a real possibility.

Christ on a Segway. Is our club not a big enough circus without this bloke getting involved?

Apparently it's a two horse race between him and a consortium of the Raggy Dolls. I hear the Family Ness are also pondering a late bid though.

Raggy Dolls theme tune firmly wedged in head.. thanks Wull. :thup:

Raggy Dolls theme tune firmly wedged in head.. thanks Wull. :thup:

It's not much of a life when you're just a pretty face, Jill.

EDIT: bollocks. :lol:

Guest toonlass

if true he is breaking the non disclosure agreement

Not if he hasn't made any contact with the club yet. He is just declaring an interest to possibly become involved in buying the club

if true he is breaking the non disclosure agreement

Not if he hasn't made any contact with the club yet. He is just declaring an interest to possibly become involved in buying the club

“We are in talks with Newcastle at the moment Our legal and financial people are speaking to the legal and financial people over there,”

If this is true it's the last thing we need. Ashley will be rubbing his hands at the thought of an auction but that could last another month.

Yes and they would still have to do due diligence.

think my enthusiasm for us getting promoted have gone.  this is just a huge shamble from bad to worst.  no manager no buyer . and the season aint far away.  

jesus   :facepalm:

A few different quotes here:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5426945,00.html

Chawke considers Magpies bid

Former Sunderland shareholder enters Newcastle ownership battle

Last updated: 12th July 2009

Former Sunderland shareholder Charlie Chawke has confirmed he is putting together a syndicate to bid for Newcastle.

Newcastle announced earlier this week that at least three interested parties had met the £100million asking price set by current owner Mike Ashley.

Negotiations are continuing but no deal has yet been done and Chawke views the prospect of buying the St James' Park outfit as 'a very viable option'.

Chawke was part of the Drumaville Consortium which took over Sunderland three years ago but is no longer involved at the Stadium of Light following Ellis Short's buy-out.

The Dublin publican is in optimistic mood and also has the support of Louis Fitzgerald, another member of the Drumaville Consortium.

He told Irish radio station RTE: "We're putting a syndicate hopefully together to do just that (bid for Newcastle).

"We had a great time in Sunderland. We got seven Irish people and one English person together with a syndicate and we succeeded in acquiring Sunderland.

"We had three great years there but unfortunately we're gone now. It's sold out to an American and we're looking for options and Newcastle is a very viable option at the moment.

"It's on sale for about £100million which is about £500million less than what it was worth a year and a half or two years ago.

"We have to look at options other than Sunderland and Newcastle would fit very nicely into our portfolio."

Chawke is not in direct talks with Ashley but has opened discussions with his legal and financial people.

Asked how the interest had come about, he replied: "We had friends in Sunderland who were looking at it for us, through our accountants here in Dublin.

"What we're trying to do at the moment is put together a syndicate of people who are interested firstly in football and then investing with us in Newcastle United if possible."

Asked how many people he was looking to have in the syndicate, Chawke said: "We're thinking about possibly the same as we had in Sunderland, about eight people maybe, depending on what money we can get.

"It's a great club, it houses 52,000 people. It's a great city, Newcastle.

"It's a bit like Dublin - vibrant, full of fun... all the best things in life are there. It makes perfect sense if I could just swing it."

Guest sicko2ndbest

Llambias said there had been 2 or more bids at more than 100mil, but he stopped short of saying they had been accepted.

I think Ashley is hoping tht one of the groups breaks ranks and significantly ups their bid putting them as firm favourites that would push the deal through quickly.

I see this dragging on until this move is made. The more people that become interested (ie the drumaville consortium) the more likely this is to happen, moreover the longer it is likely to drag on!

Guest johnson293

A few different quotes here:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5426945,00.html

Chawke considers Magpies bid

Former Sunderland shareholder enters Newcastle ownership battle

Last updated: 12th July 2009

Former Sunderland shareholder Charlie Chawke has confirmed he is putting together a syndicate to bid for Newcastle.

Newcastle announced earlier this week that at least three interested parties had met the £100million asking price set by current owner Mike Ashley.

Negotiations are continuing but no deal has yet been done and Chawke views the prospect of buying the St James' Park outfit as 'a very viable option'.

Chawke was part of the Drumaville Consortium which took over Sunderland three years ago but is no longer involved at the Stadium of Light following Ellis Short's buy-out.

The Dublin publican is in optimistic mood and also has the support of Louis Fitzgerald, another member of the Drumaville Consortium.

He told Irish radio station RTE: "We're putting a syndicate hopefully together to do just that (bid for Newcastle).

"We had a great time in Sunderland. We got seven Irish people and one English person together with a syndicate and we succeeded in acquiring Sunderland.

"We had three great years there but unfortunately we're gone now. It's sold out to an American and we're looking for options and Newcastle is a very viable option at the moment.

"It's on sale for about £100million which is about £500million less than what it was worth a year and a half or two years ago.

"We have to look at options other than Sunderland and Newcastle would fit very nicely into our portfolio."

Chawke is not in direct talks with Ashley but has opened discussions with his legal and financial people.

Asked how the interest had come about, he replied: "We had friends in Sunderland who were looking at it for us, through our accountants here in Dublin.

"What we're trying to do at the moment is put together a syndicate of people who are interested firstly in football and then investing with us in Newcastle United if possible."

Asked how many people he was looking to have in the syndicate, Chawke said: "We're thinking about possibly the same as we had in Sunderland, about eight people maybe, depending on what money we can get.

"It's a great club, it houses 52,000 people. It's a great city, Newcastle.

"It's a bit like Dublin - vibrant, full of fun... all the best things in life are there. It makes perfect sense if I could just swing it."

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/charliechalk_hl.jpg

Great! Nowt to laugh at there then!  :doh:

fuckin hell. some of you guys are hillarious you have went from "there are no bids its all lies to fuck sake this new bid is just gonna hold things up. dear oh dear