RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughton has been pissed about. Since he came here he has done the following:

- Assistant to Keegan

- Caretaker manager as well as a coach after Keegan left

- Coach/assistant under Kinnear, doing basically all the training sessions

- Caretaker manager as well as a coach again when Kinnear got ill

- Coach under Shearer

- Caretaker manager as well as a coach for a third time as the club sale drags on

From a man who was brought in just to help Keegan out, I reckon he's done... not a 'good' job, but well for the club in that he's gotten on with things with all the s*** around him and tried his best to help out as much as he can, and not gone mouthing off to the media. He's put the club before himself imo.

:thup:

THE PROFITABLE Group have become the first would-be buyers to openly admit they have made a bid for Newcastle United.

And the Singapore-based investment company say they expect to discover this weekend whether their offer, which they made last week and claim would be "great for Newcastle", has been accepted.

Former England star Steve McMahon, the commercial director of the Profitable Group, is the man who has broken the silence surrounding the Toon takeover saga.

Despite all bidders for United having supposedly signed non- disclosure agreements, McMahon today went on the record with the Profitable Group’s approach.

"We’ve had a bid, it’s under serious consideration," McMahon told Singapore-based newspaper, the Straits Times.

"It’s a strategic move and it’ll be great for the group and for Newcastle."

It is not known whether the Profitable Group’s bid is one of the two offers said to have matched Mike Ashley’s £100m valuation of the Magpies.

But McMahon is clearly confident of success, adding: "The value (of buying the club) is awareness.

"We can turn what is a disaster at the moment into a success.

"By the end of the week, we'll know if we’re successful or not."

The Chronicle were the first to reveal the Profitable’s interest in United way back on June 9.

And the good news for Alan Shearer, whose future remains up in the air almost seven weeks on from the end of last season, is that McMahon and Co want him as manager at St James’s Park.

Newcastle are the subject of rival Far East interest in the shape an as-yet unidentified Malaysian consortium, whose tour of the club’s facilities last week is thought to have prompted the Profitable Group’s bid, while former chairman Freddy Shepherd has also made an offer.

And an American group – also still anonymous – were also shown round United’s facilities last week and may yet enter the bidding.

Despite McMahon’s comments, the ownership issue looks set to drag on into next week, with Seymour Pierce, the investment bank tasked with brokering a deal, yet to recommend a preferred bidder to Ashley.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/10/profitable-group-still-in-for-toon-as-talks-continue-72703-24122468/

Its funny this like, all they can do is rerun a headline form this mornings papers, it was leaked they were interested and they came out and said it was true but unfortunate that it had been leaked, now this time they have direct quotes on it so they cannot call that unfortunate. Maybe its their hurry up to Ashley, he has his bids in he knows who is worth what, he just need to choose a buyer and stop dragging this out, I get the feeling he is doing it on purpose just to do as much harm as he can to us before doing one.

Surely it would contravene any non-disclosure agreement

This.

More shite from the Profitible Group in my opinion - who could conceivably be withdrawn from the bidding process for breaching the non-disclosure agreement...

Guest Heneage

I'm confused is Hughton not getting paid to do his job or something?

Yes but he is NOT being paid to be our manager.

So what's stopping him quitting? I'm confused? He owes us nothing, has been here a short amount of time. Maybe he knows it's highly unlikely anyone else would take him on for half the wage he's getting with us.

Guest dover

Basically, why quit if you have nothing else lined up? He probably enjoys the work and the extra responsibility, it's not as if he's in the press moaning everyday about how overworked he is.

Why quit when the new management team is likely to dismiss you with a generous pay off?

So what's stopping him quitting? I'm confused? He owes us nothing, has been here a short amount of time. Maybe he knows it's highly unlikely anyone else would take him on for half the wage he's getting with us.

How do you know he wouldn't get another job on the same wage? For a start I can't imagine you even know how much his wage is. I can understand you saying this for high earning players but I can't really see this applying to a coach.

He is a pro and loyal cannot fault the bloke for that.

depends if time is being taken for the right reasons or is it Ashley just stalling?

There has to be a point where if the deal takes much longer, it will be too late to re-shape the squad and make the necessary changes to have a genuine promotion push de-valuing the club even further. I would imagine that might see potential buyers decide to walk away. With Ashley's talent for blowing deals it must be a fair bet as well.

Journal - Preferred bidder recommended

Chronicle - Preffered bidder not yet recommended

:doh:

You woudln't think they work in the same building would you lol

It's all to sell papers though we know that.

Just asked this on the Chronciles Toon forum.. should be fun :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/10/newcastle-united-takeover-steve-mcmahon

With any takeover of Newcastle United unlikely to materialise until next week at the very earliest, one potential buyer did at least break cover today.

Steve McMahon said that the Singapore-based investment company, The Profitable Group, has submitted a bid for the newly relegated club. Now The Profitable Group's commercial director, McMahon, the former Liverpool and England midfielder, says its first act would be to appoint Alan Shearer as manager.

Even so, sources have suggested Profitable is not a major contender to buy out Mike Ashley, and question why McMahon would breach the non-disclosure agreements which were supposed to bind all would-be purchasers to secrecy.

"We've had a bid in and it's under serious consideration," McMahon told Singapore's Straits Times. "It's a strategic move and will be great for Newcastle. We can turn what is a disaster at the moment into a success."

While it is understood Seymour Pierce, the investment bank brokering the sale, have yet to recommend a buyer to Ashley, the feeling is that one consortium from Malaysia and another from the United States remain in pole position.

In the meantime Chris Hughton, Newcastle's caretaker manager, is in Ireland with his squad ahead of tomorrow's opening pre-season friendly at Shamrock Rovers.

"The feeling is that it [a takeover] is hopefully not too far away," said Hughton today. "But until I'm told otherwise I'm here to hold the fort for as long as possible. It does seem like there are things going on, though, and, obviously, the sooner something happens, the better for all concerned.

"As far as I know there have been at least two parties who have made an offer and I could be in charge for another two days, another four days or a bit longer. But I would have thought something would happen sooner rather than later."

With any takeover of Newcastle United unlikely to materialise until next week at the very earliest...

The silly bint said exactly the same the last two weeks.

Tbh I'm more convinced by Hughton's comments than anything anyone else says.

Guest sicko2ndbest

With any takeover of Newcastle United unlikely to materialise until next week at the very earliest...

Hughtons been reading the papers, nothing more. He says the club have had 2 bids, he is just repeating what Llambias said.

Nobody knows, Profitable are using us as a publicity tool, the Malaysians simply brought a few away tops to get their free tour and the yanks are a figment of everyones imagination

Hughtons been reading the papers, nothing more. He says the club have had 2 bids, he is just repeating what Llambias said.

Nobody knows, Profitable are using us as a publicity tool, the Malaysians simply brought a few away tops to get their free tour and the yanks are a figment of everyones imagination

:hmm:

Guest sicko2ndbest

f

:hmm:

However it could be that the Profitable group are a top consortium with a vast amount of football acumin and wealth, the malaysians are fanatical NUFC fans with the deepest of pockets and the yanks a multibilion dollar sports empire with huge experience of running top level sports teams!

:)