RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wally_McFool

Alover as in, Harper not happy, fans not happy, no sale yet, Ashley being honest, wants £100mill no more no less, no bidder has paid that asmount

David Craig's statement on Sky sports News completely contradicts Llambias's comment a couple of weeks back that 2 bids of over £100 million had been lodged.

These 2 are taking the piss out of the people and are deliberately decimating our football club.

I  now have no doubts that Ashley has no intention of selling NUFC and that he will put the club into administration if and when it suits him.

Alover as in, Harper not happy, fans not happy, no sale yet, Ashley being honest, wants £100mill no more no less, no bidder has paid that asmount

I  now have no doubts that Ashley has no intention of selling NUFC and that he will put the club into administration if and when it suits him.

How would he benefit from that?

David Craig's statement on Sky sports News completely contradicts Llambias's comment a couple of weeks back that 2 bids of over £100 million had been lodged.

These 2 are taking the piss out of the people and are deliberately decimating our football club.

Why don't we just roll back to Page 1 of this thread instead of adding to it?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I think the land is worth more than the club

Come on lets be serious here, who the hell would want to buy us?  Club in turmoil, the fans are disillusioned, players are disillutioned, a club thats known as the national press whipping boys. 

If you were a foreign billionaire with no legience to any english club,  what club would you buy?  Probably not championship newcastle.

Or a Club that hasn't averaged less than 36k for nearly 20 years (50k+ for at least 8 yrs). Runs at about 95% capacity in a relegation season. It isn't the players job to be disillusioned its their job to play football under whatever manager is chosen to put the team out.

I think the £100m is a give away price for the potential income over a number of years. A price you could only get because we aren't in the Prem.

Anyone making the club even slightly successful - ie. top6 in Prem would almost certainly make their money back in no time at all or be a position to sell at a huge profit if it is in good shape and well run.

The sticking point in my view is Ashleys loan and how it is to be structured.

What land?

Not really as there is a stipulation in the lease with the council that it must be used as a sports ground. So unless one of the other local teams is getting taken over by Bill Gates there's nothing to gain by trying to sell the land.

Come on lets be serious here, who the hell would want to buy us?  Club in turmoil, the fans are disillusioned, players are disillutioned, a club thats known as the national press whipping boys. 

If you were a foreign billionaire with no legience to any english club,  what club would you buy?  Probably not championship newcastle.

The club is only in turmoil, the fans and players are disillusioned, only because no-one has bought us as yet. A new buyer would easily remedy that. The potential here is massive. Hopefully someone can see that.

God knows how much longer this whole thing will drag on for. The suffering, it seems, is endless.

The biggest problem right now is that the more in turmoil we appear to be, the more any potential new owners will feel they can get us for less than what Ashley wants. They will be looking to put the squeeze on him.

In reality I imagine this still has a way to go yet. Mike Ashley is being arrogant right now instead of just cutting his losses and selling for the most he can get right now.

Made the same mistake last Christmas and it seems he is doing it all over again. With every single day that passes the buffoon only loses more money as the club only loses more value.

In conclusion the guy is just flat out thick.

Problem is though if any of the potential new owners do not see the issue of time running out then they are not worth having, if they are serious about owning us then they need to get things done fast, not drag their heels hoping Ashley will drop his price.

The club suffers whilst they play chest flexing games, fat cunt will not lower the price nor will he take on the debt, its gonna cost around £150mill to get the club, £100mill to Ashley and the rest for the debt and running of the club, if they are not willing or do not have the cash then stop wasting time and come out and say so.

The biggest problem right now is that the more in turmoil we appear to be, the more any potential new owners will feel they can get us for less than what Ashley wants. They will be looking to put the squeeze on him.

In reality I imagine this still has a way to go yet. Mike Ashley is being arrogant right now instead of just cutting his losses and selling for the most he can get right now.

Made the same mistake last Christmas and it seems he is doing it all over again. With every single day that passes the buffoon only loses more money as the club only loses more value.

In conclusion the guy is just flat out thick.

That is the exact reason why the club hasn't been sold, he wants the most out of this as possible.  I would put good money on it that his loan is what is holding up proceedings.

Guest BooBoo

One day Ashley will get his just desserts.

A bunch of sovereign clad fives cooked up by a local meathead and served directly to the nose would be ideal for the bucket of lard.

Problem is though if any of the potential new owners do not see the issue of time running out then they are not worth having, if they are serious about owning us then they need to get things done fast, not drag their heels hoping Ashley will drop his price.

The club suffers whilst they play chest flexing games, fat c*** will not lower the price nor will he take on the debt, its gonna cost around £150mill to get the club, £100mill to Ashley and the rest for the debt and running of the club, if they are not willing or do not have the cash then stop wasting time and come out and say so.

I hear what you're saying Skirge.

I think we are pretty much in a scenario where the people who are interested are not desperate to buy us. Therefore if Ashley isn't willing to drop the price then they are equally happy to walk away and not buy the club.

We are not in the prem anymore and we need serious investment to get back on track and so the interested parties most likely feel that we are not a club worth getting at any cost.

For the first time I really am beginning to feel that Ashley keeping the club is now a real possibility and so have started to ready myself for this outcome. This would likely mean no Alan Shearer and we can only pray it will mean no Kinnear either.

Ashley did this exact crap last Christmas and it really does seem he is at it again as incomprehensible as it seems.

Not being able to sell the club after trying twice speaks volumes about the man don't it, he is a marked man like he won't be safe Geordies are everywhere and one day years downt he line when he thinks he is safe it will come back and bite his fkn throat out.

Best thing he can do is fkn emigrate to the moon.

Guest BooBoo

Not being able to sell the club after trying twice speaks volumes about the man don't it, he is a marked man like he won't be safe Geordies are everywhere and one day years downt he line when he thinks he is safe it will come back and bite his fkn throat out.

Best thing he can do is fkn emigrate to the moon.

Its's inevitable that one day he'll run into a Geordie with a foul temper and a few home truths to tell.

I've been out all day - my dad just mentioned something about Hughton intimating that he won't be in charge for the Darlington game. How true is that, is it true, or is he just being a babbling old fool who can't read?

Kinnear will probably be in charge by Darlington. This is ridiculous. People like Mike Ashley should be locked up for the scale of their mismanagement. He's already cost people their jobs the fat fuck. Would love to see someone smack the fact cunt.

Or a Club that hasn't averaged less than 36k for nearly 20 years (50k+ for at least 8 yrs). Runs at about 95% capacity in a relegation season. It isn't the players job to be disillusioned its their job to play football under whatever manager is chosen to put the team out.

I think the £100m is a give away price for the potential income over a number of years. A price you could only get because we aren't in the Prem.

Anyone making the club even slightly successful - ie. top6 in Prem would almost certainly make their money back in no time at all or be a position to sell at a huge profit if it is in good shape and well run.

The sticking point in my view is Ashleys loan and how it is to be structured.

Head in the sand, speaking from the heart rather than from your head.  If all owners want is a big turnout in attendances then they might aswell buy Celtic or Rangers.

100 million is a give away price you say?  For a Championship team? 100 million for a club playing in the championship with tv money less than 20 percent of what they get in the prem. No garantee of promotion,  Give away price? I don't so.

I don't know why I read this thread, the insanity of most of what gets posted in it depresses me, but now that I have I may as well say something:

...nah, can't be arsed actually, carry on.

I don't know why I read this thread, the insanity of most of what gets posted in it depresses me, but now that I have I may as well say something:

:D pretty much sums it up

I don't understand this attitude.

We know fuck all, so there's just as much chance of things all going wrong as there is a deal being close and things being positive. It's all just speculation, so how exactly is most of it 'insanity'?

Same question to gdm.