RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't understand why people are having a go at Thomo tbh, all he's done is told us what he supposedly knows. If it turns out to be wrong it's a pity but I can't see no reason to try and prove him wrong beforehand...

Exactly. Some absolute wankers in this thread. The lad is just trying to pass on some information and he seems he believes what he has been told. If it doesn't come off then fair enough. But no need for everyone to act like absolute pricks towards him.

Anybody trying to pass a rumour on ALWAYS says it comes from someone else, or they would be the source, therefore either a player, representative or official (senior management), and the likelihood of them posting on an internet forum is slight at best

I have more reason to disbelieve him than to believe him.

What is more likely

- Poster makes up a source (or has a source of chinese whisper variety) and spreads a rumour

- Poster has links with senior management at top club who likes to share information to young internet posters and not national/local papers

To be fair it has to be from someone else unless Thomo was either Mike Ashley, Derek Lambias, Keith Harris or the president of the UAE :lol:

Like when it happens it'll be a two line club statement that doesn't tell us very much (as we are no longer on the stock exchange).

Club statement

We are pleased to confirm that on 4th August 2009 St James Holdings have transferred all assets to SJP Asset Management Ltd.

Actually it is a shame we are not on the stock exchange these days, as we'd know who the genuine bidders were already.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it turns out true, Thomo should be able to slap all his doubters :colo:

If this turns out to be true Thomo should have his own 'Rumour room' seperate to the current ones (eg chat, ticket info) called 'The Thomo Room'

Like when it happens it'll be a two line club statement that doesn't tell us very much (as we are no longer on the stock exchange).

Club statement

We are pleased to confirm that on 4th August 2009 St James Holdings have transferred all assets to SJP Asset Management Ltd.

Actually it is a shame we are not on the stock exchange these days, as we'd know who the genuine bidders were already.

That's a good point.  Foolishly, I was one of those who was only too happy to see all of 'the benefits' (ie, enforced openness etc) of being on the Stock Exchange, taken away by Ashley . . . my mind was just full of dreams of a BILLIONAIRE owning us and spending all his money on us!  I think I just suspended all common sense . . .  it was a bit like falling in love . . .  you become irrational.

God, what a thought . . . "falling in love with Ashley" (Aaaaaagh!!!!).

Guest Wally_McFool

I expect an announcement in the next few days saying that the club might be sold in the next few days.

:wav:

Guest Thomo

Sicko, sorry mate but of course someone had to tell me because unfortunately the club isnt mine to sell, so therefore Teasy is right my ITK was told by DL, as I have stated loads of times on previous post, please keep up mate. I think you have made your point "You think its bullshit and you dont believe it" fine, I wont lose any sleep over it. But because you have given me so much stick today, I would expect the first aplogy off you mate.

And that I will enjoy.

Club statement

mmmm, not necessarily. You'd know all the bidders who were in a period of due diligence as well as the standard 'bid situation'.

Sicko, sorry mate but of course someone had to tell me because unfortunately the club isnt mine to sell, so therefore Teasy is right my ITK was told by DL, as I have stated loads of times on previous post, please keep up mate. I think you have made your point "You think its bullshit and you dont believe it" fine, I wont lose any sleep over it. But because you have given me so much stick today, I would expect the first aplogy off you mate.

And that I will enjoy.

If you are right mate (and I still think you could be) then there should be four statues outside SJP  -  Milburn, Shearer (as planned) SBR (as suggested) and . . . YOU!!!!

If you are wrong, well they have to dig the foundations for the statues anyway . . .

(Joking!!!)

And that I will enjoy.

It's all in good spirits mate, I think everyone on this forum wants you to be right. :)

Guest sicko2ndbest

And that I will enjoy.

:eatshit:

I will personally lick the bowl dry!

As if they're going to issue a denial for something mentioned on an internet forum. :lol:

Didn't The Sun run with direct quotes from Llambias saying it should be completed this week?