RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest NICK C

I only been coming on here a few days to see the craic.    Bit tired with nufcblog and thought I would look elswhere.  I like most of it. There are a few weirdos but some canny lads and to me Thomo seems a well respected blogger, not some wum tit.

Whether its right or wrong I reckon he derves  :clap: for putting his balls on the line.  It probs wont come off at this time, but well done for letting everone your ITK  stuff...

Newcastle United in limbo as wary buyers shun Championship club

Two investors have backed out after due diligence

Warning that there could be no sale until next year

Louise Taylor

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 4 August 2009 18.00 BST

Newcastle United could be left in limbo for six months or longer as the current owner Mike Ashley struggles to find a buyer for the St James' Park club.

Newcastle United face the depressing prospect of several more months in limbo after it emerged that the stricken Championship club might not be sold until next year. Mike Ashley, the present owner, has spent the summer desperately trying to offload an acquisition he has come to regard as an expensive mistake but he is struggling to find a buyer.

Although several consortiums have expressed interest and at least two have undertaken exhaustive due diligence, potential prospective purchasers remain extremely wary of wading into the assorted challenges posed at St James' Park where the annual player wage bill still exceeds £60m and the overdraft is now around £35m.

"To ask how long it [the mooted sale] will take is an impossible question to answer," revealed a source close to efforts to find Newcastle a new owner. "It could go through in due course or it could take six months."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=post;topic=62360.9210;num_replies=9229

Silly bitch hasn't got a clue :nope:

Can't even get the wage bill near the truth for f*** sake :lol:

She had it right about Keegan. 

Maybe, though I always put that down to her throwing a bunch of negative stories at the situation, throw enough shit and something will stick eventually.  However if she did know anything real at the time then she's losing it because she can't even get basic info right now, maybe she was fucking Wise or something :lol:

No, she had it right about Keegan because he was telling his mates in the press (her included) one thing & then telling the supporters the opposite.

I only been coming on here a few days to see the craic.    Bit tired with nufcblog and thought I would look elswhere.  I like most of it. There are a few weirdos but some canny lads and to me Thomo seems a well respected blogger, not some wum tit.

Whether its right or wrong I reckon he derves  :clap: for putting his balls on the line.  It probs wont come off at this time, but well done for letting everone your ITK  stuff...

Stay in the football, the weirdos inhabit the place known as chat.

Newcastle United in limbo as wary buyers shun Championship club

• Two investors have backed out after due diligence

• Warning that there could be no sale until next year

Louise Taylor

guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 4 August 2009 18.00 BST

Newcastle United could be left in limbo for six months or longer as the current owner Mike Ashley struggles to find a buyer for the St James' Park club.

Newcastle United face the depressing prospect of several more months in limbo after it emerged that the stricken Championship club might not be sold until next year. Mike Ashley, the present owner, has spent the summer desperately trying to offload an acquisition he has come to regard as an expensive mistake but he is struggling to find a buyer.

Although several consortiums have expressed interest and at least two have undertaken exhaustive due diligence, potential prospective purchasers remain extremely wary of wading into the assorted challenges posed at St James' Park where the annual player wage bill still exceeds £60m and the overdraft is now around £35m.

"To ask how long it [the mooted sale] will take is an impossible question to answer," revealed a source close to efforts to find Newcastle a new owner. "It could go through in due course or it could take six months."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=post;topic=62360.9210;num_replies=9229

Silly bitch hasn't got a clue :nope:

Can't even get the wage bill near the truth for f*** sake :lol:

She had it right about Keegan. 

Maybe, though I always put that down to her throwing a bunch of negative stories at the situation, throw enough shit and something will stick eventually.  However if she did know anything real at the time then she's losing it because she can't even get basic info right now, maybe she was fucking Wise or something :lol:

No, she had it right about Keegan because he was telling his mates in the press (her included) one thing & then telling the supporters the opposite.

Interesting, where does that come from?

Surely the other way around

Surely the other way around

things have certainly took a turn, since the people with nowt better to do than wait in to see if we are sold, finally began to realise its not gonna happen, and thier heads have begun to unravel, and theres no telling where this could end up,.. but an asylum could be involved .

things have certainly took a turn, since the people with nowt better to do than wait in to see if we are sold, finally began to realise its not gonna happen, and thier heads have begun to unravel, and theres no telling where this could end up,.. but an asylum could be involved .

I am batman.

Harris on now, talking about his past at Man United (he started there as financial adviser)and brokering the Chelsea deal. He also did Villa, Derby, West Ham, Man City.

He says he is currently acting for buyers and sellers.

"As you will have noticed by lack of announcements its getting harder these days to finalise deals" (or something along those lines.

Seems determined to avoid mentioning us so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/fivelive/

Program starting now is 'Finances in the Premier League'.

Keith Harris is a guest but I can't see us featuring much if at all.

Tomorrow night, however, there is a live program from Shearer's Bar 19.30 to 21.00

Thanks for the link.  I doubt if he says anything about the ake over though they are assesing debts of the club so I am sure they will ask him how much Newcastle's Debt harm them to be an attractive propostion..... 

Guest The gaffer

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Good luck with the site and everything man but the cheap photoshop effects on the club badge are awful.. especially the one with the heavy blur in the header. You gotta respect the crest (and its copyrights) man..

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Good luck with the site and everything man but the cheap photoshop effects on the club logo are awful.. especially the one with the heavy blur in the header. You gotta respect the crest (and its copyrights) man..

Yep. I would also lose the splash page, there is no for it and most people dont like them.

Will look into it, if you type www.toon-talk.net I dont think you get the crest. copyrights, fuck em.

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Good luck with the site and everything man but the cheap photoshop effects on the club badge are awful.. especially the one with the heavy blur in the header. You gotta respect the crest (and its copyrights) man..

www.toon-talk.co.uk

Good luck with the site and everything man but the cheap photoshop effects on the club logo are awful.. especially the one with the heavy blur in the header. You gotta respect the crest (and its copyrights) man..

Yep. I would also lose the splash page, there is no for it and most people dont like them.

Will look into it, if you type www.toon-talk.net I dont think you get the crest. copyrights, f*** em.

:facepalm: you'll go far