RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting what Harris had to say regarding the wage bill and showing that the players can indeed be sold.

It's possible that as Thomo has said we are on the verge of selling the club, however, it might be dependent on a number of players being sold in order to reduce the wage bill.

Martins was the first to go and perhaps another big money move, for example the rumoured £15 million sale of Bassong will be enough for the new owners to commit.

I could see this being a realistic scenario. Lets wait and see what happens after a few more players are sold.

Keith Harris, executive chairman of Seymour Pierce, expressed optimism last night that a sale could still be completed by the end of the month, but that the prospective buyers wished to see further evidence of the wage bill being reduced before committing themselves.

This is what I was thinking. Essentially the inability to shift these worthless players is what is killing us right now. I mean it's not enought they relegated us! Absolutely sickening.

Just listened to the Newcastle bit of the interview, and the end of the month comments were pretty much put in his mouth by the interviewer. The bit about local influence being important was also quite an interesting point, but that doesn't neccesarily mean Shepherd. Barry Moat was mentioned in the Chronicle back by Middle Eastern money. It's something that was mentioned last time we were up for sale. I just think that could be where we're going.

He talked about where wealth was found today. He said he wished there were more money men in england. He intimated as far as i am concerned that the buyers would be from a part of the world 'with money' but the running of the club on a day to day basis must have local influence

'a prospective buyer has had a capital infusion' Keith Harris said this in relation to Martins move as well as talking about the wage bill reducing. What does this mean and why would the potential buyer get the benefits apart from the reduced wage bill

I guess it means that the prospective buyer will have himself £9 Million to start off with,  with which to run the club

Leicester City, Derby County, Nottingham Forest, QPR, Cardiff City, Reading, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Middlesbrough and West Bromwich Albion are all rated less likely to be relegated this year than us by the bookies.

Guest Heneage

Mr Ashley might take the view he would be a better owner.

That is utter genius.

As I said, fantasy land.

has he said that or expressed intent to maintain ownership?

Leicester City, Derby County, Nottingham Forest, QPR, Cardiff City, Reading, Ipswich Town, Sheffield United, Middlesbrough and West Bromwich Albion are all rated less likely to be relegated this year than us by the bookies.

how many are rated higher by the bookies to go up ?

Only West Brom.

Mental isn't it. :lol:

Only West Brom.

That's the point isn't it, it could be shit or bust.

Only West Brom.

i've £70 on us to win the league. i thought nearly 6/1 was a good price with a possible takeover in the offing. if theres no better signs in the next week or so i'll be laying out.

'a prospective buyer has had a capital infusion' Keith Harris said this in relation to Martins move as well as talking about the wage bill reducing. What does this mean and why would the potential buyer get the benefits apart from the reduced wage bill

It doesn't inspire confidence if potential buyers are waiting for the wage bill to come down a bit before committing.

Firstly, it suggests they're possibly not that bothered about buying the club. Secondly, it suggests they're not "money no object" people.

That thing about MA maybe deciding he's the best person to run the club is just incredible. This is the same man who was saying "just give me the 100 mill, first to show it gets the club" a couple of months ago, isn't it?

What a wanker.

Guest Dennis Carter
Mike Ashley set to stay at Newcastle another year

A source said. “Mr Ashley might take the view he would be a better owner.”.

THAN WHO?! Fred West?!

A Friday deadline rules out any new buyers and is a fkn hurrry up to those that are in talks now.

I can see them walking away and far c*** keeping us forever and ever

We can't wait forever if he has to be the owner so be it. Offer Shearer 3 year deal and get on with it....

I like the deadline idea at least it will give us three weeks to sell and sign players. Friday is a D day...   

:facepalm:

Whenever there is the slightest bit of news in the media, you seem to think it's a D-Day. :idiot2:

Guest Dennis Carter

THAN WHO?! Fred West?!

Be careful there mate, you might start an internet rumour.

Fred West with Harold Shipman backing. Press conference tomorrow at 3pm ITK

THAN WHO?! Fred West?!

It's ITV mate.  Not being funny, you'll just have to get this sort of stuff right if the rumour's gonna take off.

THAN WHO?! Fred West?!

New club doctor - Mr Harold Shipman. At least he'd be able to get the likes of Geremi off the wage bill

Guest Dennis Carter

THAN WHO?! Fred West?!

It's ITV mate.  Not being funny, you'll just have to get this sort of stuff right if the rumour's gonna take off.

Rumour?! What you on about? I only deal in cold hard fact. Fred wants to develop the academy side of things while Harold has expressed an interest in the renewal of Nicky Butts contract and his insurance policy

THAN WHO?! Fred West?!

New club doctor - Mr Harold Shipman. At least he'd be able to get the likes of Geremi off the wage bill

:lol: