RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wonder if there's a contingency plan in place should the club not be sold before a specified deadline

Ashley doesn't have a contingency plan, he doesn't have any fucking plans.  All he does is watch inevitable things happen and act surprised, then make a half-cocked rushed reaction after the event.  He's no more competent at selling the club than he was at running it.

If he was to sort us out right now and take the club off the market, financially how much would it cost him?

If he took the club off the market, appointed a decent manager, spent about £10m replacing the players we've lost and kept the rest of the squad he'd have the favourites for promotion on his hands imo.

The ball's in Ashley's court but he doesn't even know it. He could still salvage this thing but I don't think he's got the fucking nous tbh.

IF he kept us I think we would be luck to see 30.000 at home games VERY LUCKY!

He is hated so much, no fker wants him here, it would take big investment from him before fans even thought about maybe giving him another chance, and lets face it he is not going to invest money so him staying would be a disaster.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Maybe they have told him he has a dead line to stick or sell? it's like being owned by a child..... clueless

If he was to sort us out right now and take the club off the market, financially how much would it cost him?

If he took the club off the market, appointed a decent manager, spent about £10m replacing the players we've lost and kept the rest of the squad he'd have the favourites for promotion on his hands imo.

The ball's in Ashley's court but he doesn't even know it. He could still salvage this thing but I don't think he's got the fucking nous tbh.

yup. was always going to wreck our pre-season and therefore destroy our chances of first-time promotion the way he went about it. even if extremely ambitious, intelligent and wealthy owners take over now it'll be a struggle to get a winning team in place that quickly.

yup. was always going to wreck our pre-season and therefore destroy our chances of first-time promotion the way he went about it. even if extremely ambitious, intelligent and wealthy owners take over now it'll be a struggle to get a winning team in place that quickly.

He probably doesn't even realise that's another thing that will majorly put off potential buyers.

The fact that the man is (well, was) a billionaire gives even me hope. Thick fuck. I wouldn't trust him with a piggy bank.

have to say, i find the times article heartening.

if we are nit going to get a sale, then the best we can hope for is that he re-commits.

so hope it is accurate.

How many times can we let him get away with him putting us up for sale then taking us off the market when the heat dies down because it doesn't suit him? He puts the club up for sale season ticket sales are still strong considering our position our most valuable assets of a very small squad are then sold and he turns around and says he is willing to stick it out for another year....

He loves me.... He loves me not.... He loves me.... He loves me not....

What heat?  Everyone I know had accepted what had happened to us and just wanted to see Ashley bring in a manager, preferably Shearer, and get on with things.  He didn't need to put the club up for sale as some kind of ploy this time around.  He just wants out, simple as that.

I like the deadline idea at least it will give us three weeks to sell and sign players. Friday is a D day...   

:facepalm:

Whenever there is the slightest bit of news in the media, you seem to think it's a D-Day. :idiot2:

Hey now, as long as it's summer, it's always a good time to invade the beaches of France.

I know every body was excpecting everything and I was one of Thomos protector but the reality is. We are not gonna be sold before the weekend. We are about to sell 3 players and buy only two. Based on who's recommendation only God Knows. Thats what Keith is thinking and it seems they are on top of this but unfortunatily for us and our beloved Newcastle there is no quick fix for this.

The flaw in the idea of Ashley hanging on for another year is he'd have to appoint a temporary manager, with all the problems that brings. He either has to sell or commit himself long-term.

Personally, I still think we'll be sold.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

So our chances of a new owner have now diminished, the fat man now has to appoint a manager and allow him to do some dealings and we have to take comfort in the fact that we are not going in to administration and get on with the start of the season. :undecided:

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere

From .com

Across the road meanwhile on the same night (this coming Wednesday), BBC Radio Newcastle and Radio5live are joining forces for a live broadcast from Shearer's Bar.

This Newcastle United special between 7pm and 9pm will debate the current situation at the club with special guests, including former Magpies defender Steve Howey.

Could be interesting 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere

From .com

Across the road meanwhile on the same night (this coming Wednesday), BBC Radio Newcastle and Radio5live are joining forces for a live broadcast from Shearer's Bar.

This Newcastle United special between 7pm and 9pm will debate the current situation at the club with special guests, including former Magpies defender Steve Howey.

Could be interesting 

It will be availible to download off the 5live website about 9.30pm

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

to be honest i've heard enough debating, there is simply no point in us going on about what should be done in the hope that someone is listening, we've been doing that for the last 2 months and we are where we are. Accept it lets move on and think about a new manager (not Shearer because he wont be appointed). :sadnod:

People are fuming now, fat man has pissed about again and failed. So will do what he knows best and appointment someone grossly underqualified twat who is cheap and a yes man.

This can only get worse.