RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You just know this meeting will be called off at the pinnacle of negations due to bad light or rain...

I'm trying to think negitivaly about this one. I just don't think I could take more heartache with regards to this takeover malarky....

So, we won't be sold to Barry Moat............

..............;)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What would you do if it wasn't a takeover, or a sale, but Moat was the new Chairman instead of Llambias, or was a lame duck owner while Ashley still secretly owned the club to deflect pressure to find a buyer?

I do get a bit worried the way so many seem to get so worked up about a bid that we know so little about. There may well be other candidates in a better position to take the club forward.

Caaaalm down.

Guest elpuerto

I tried sending this earlier, but not sure what happened.

Trying not to get my hopes up but....The Telegraph article mentions that a certain Timothy Smalley was doing the due diligence. If I'm right, he's not a lawyer as the Telegraph suggested, but is/was the right hand man to one of the wealthy Tchenguiz brothers (who operates an investment vehicle called R20).

I'm not sure whether investing in football clubs is Tchenguiz' thing, but Smalley is said to be a real dealmaker. Tchenguiz was born in Iran, I think, so would that make Thomo right?

What would you do if it wasn't a takeover, or a sale, but Moat was the new Chairman instead of Llambias, or was a lame duck owner while Ashley still secretly owned the club to deflect pressure to find a buyer?

Shout really, really loud...

Would it bring us in a good manager and some stability, and the ability to buy players?

Trying not to get my hopes up but....The Telegraph article mentions that a certain Timothy Smalley was doing the due diligence. If I'm right, he's not a lawyer as the Telegraph suggested, but is/was the right hand man to one of the wealthy Tchenguiz brothers (who operates an investment vehicle called R20).

I'm not sure whether investing in football clubs is Tchenguiz' thing, but Smalley is said to be a real dealmaker. Tchenguiz was born in Iran, I think, so would that make Thomo right?

Are these the blokes you mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Tchenguiz

Guest toonlass

"Smalley, a law graduate, joined R20 about three years ago, having spent most of his career working for high-street lenders. "

From the Times

I do get a bit worried the way so many seem to get so worked up about a bid that we know so little about. There may well be other candidates in a better position to take the club forward.

Caaaalm down.

You're in the wrong city, on the wrong website, talking about the wrong club.

Why not just get frantic and fill your post full of expletives like everyone else ?

Not wanting to get ahead of ourselves, but if Moat does manage to complete a takeover this weekend you would think that he would have already had long talks with Shearer. Surely Shearer would be in chargeby Tuesday/Wednesday if it happens.

"Smalley, a law graduate, joined R20 about three years ago, having spent most of his career working for high-street lenders. "

From the Times

Interesting. Robert is worth £850m and I'd presume Vincent is worth a few bob too. The Iran link brings us back to Sirous Mahjoob, who could have been a small player in all this, hence the lack of google, or it could all just be pure coincidence.

I'm just cock a hoop that the title of this thread has changed about 20 times in the last few days, though the NE5 v The World title had me confused for a bit.

I hope this sale goes through soon, I am currentlt boycotting Sports Direct until the fat man fucks off, I need some football socks and they are a fortune in JJB come on Moat pull you finger out.!!!!!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm just cock a hoop that the title of this thread has changed about 20 times in the last few days, though the NE5 v The World title had me confused for a bit.

I hope this sale goes through soon, I am currentlt boycotting Sports Direct until the fat man fucks off, I need some football socks and they are a fortune in JJB come on Moat pull you finger out.!!!!!

Yeah, Moat, for the sake of cheap socks, ho'way!

From the Times

Interesting. Robert is worth £850m and I'd presume Vincent is worth a few bob too. The Iran link brings us back to Sirous Mahjoob, who could have been a small player in all this, hence the lack of google, or it could all just be pure coincidence.

This is like a series of Lost. Explain this one then Hurley!!!

Not wanting to get ahead of ourselves, but if Moat does manage to complete a takeover this weekend you would think that he would have already had long talks with Shearer. Surely Shearer would be in chargeby Tuesday/Wednesday if it happens.

The most important thing is that Llambias remains our managing director. Such a capable lad :lol: