RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

The repayments would have be based on premier league reinstatement. Football is not an exact business so noone can predict this which i believe is a major stumbling block

I really dont think it is about revenge.

His passion is his sports direct business as our passion is NUFC. Im not saying he dosnt care i am just saying it is not his priority. The fact is that he wants to come out of this with some credibility. He is a very very stubborn man as his transfer dealings (ie Dyer) has shown. He is quite prepared to risk any deal falling through because of his stubborn pig headedness. He is the type of man who would sell for 50mil next season under the radar instead of selling for 80mil now

He will stay on and we will finish mid table

Id go along with this. The guys just a stubborn moron, its his way or no way. He has developed such endless deluded self belief, that no matter how many f*** ups he makes...he will still believe his opinion is the correct one. Seymour pierce can recommend whatever the hell they like, i dont see him caring atall unless he agrees personally that thats the best outcome he could get...which he probably wouldnt. I fully expect that he still somewhere in the back of his mind believes quite strongly that he has the ability to get this club promoted once again & make far more money off it then than he currently would selling now & this thought is battling against the other more non retarded side of his brain telling him hes a clueless t*** when it comes to football & he needs to leave it all alone.

How deflated would all the players feel if he stays on now? They must be affected by all this and I would expect a lift in morale with new owners and a manager, he stays on as owner and I'd expect the reverse.

He is not going to keep us, ALL of this crap the he will keep the club, he will keep some part of the club, he will take £20mill down payment, Moat recomended bidder ALL of that is a pathetic attempt to burry the any serious bidders that have been close tot he £100mill offer.

He is such a child in the way he does things we know this already though, we know how fkn dodgy he is, the blokes being shown around SJP seems as though that was another staged load of bollocks its pathetic but it also shows how desperate he is to get rid.

We are a complete joke at the moment and haven't a clue what Ashley is try to achieve by doing this..

I'm expecting the transfer window to close with the club unsold, no new owner, no manager and a good few more players sold. Mike Ashley will then issue a statement to the Newcastle fans - "You see? That's what you get for protesting against me! I've parked my tanks on your lawn! I don't care about the money, I've destroyed your club to show you who's boss!"

Guest neesy111

We are a complete joke at the moment and haven't a clue what Ashley is try to achieve by doing this..

I'm expecting the transfer window to close with the club unsold, no new owner, no manager and a good few more players sold. Mike Ashley will then issue a statement to the Newcastle fans - "You see? That's what you get for protesting against me! I've parked my tanks on you're lawn! I don't care about the money, I've destroyed your club to show you who's boss!"

if he did that, he should feat for his life

I'm expecting the transfer window to close with the club unsold, no new owner, no manager and a good few more players sold. Mike Ashley will then issue a statement to the Newcastle fans - "You see? That's what you get for protesting against me! I've parked my tanks on your lawn! I don't care about the money, I've destroyed your club to show you who's boss!"

if he did that, he should fear for his life

With what he is currently doing I think he already should.

tbf, i'd actually murder him.

Alan Shearer would 'dearly love' the chance to return as Newcastle United manager

Alan Shearer has confirmed that he would "dearly love" the chance to complete unfinished business at Newcastle United by returning to the St James' Park manager's office.

By Rob Stewart

Published: 1:38PM BST 08 Aug 2009

No over yet: Alan Shearer wants Newcastle to bring an end to the on going situation for the sake of the club's survival  Photo: PA

The former Newcastle skipper, speaking publicly for the first time since talks with club owner Mike Ashley broke down following relegation last May, also warned a “long, hard season” could be on the cards unless new players are added to the payroll at the Championship club.

Shearer, who managed the club on an interim basis last season, was tipped to be handed the role on a long-term basis until Ashley suddenly put the club up for sale but he is still eager to take the job under new owners although rumours persist that the Sports Direct founder is ready to take the club off the market.

As uncertainty surrounds negotiations, Shearer’s attitude would have been music to the ears of Tyneside businessman Barry Moat, the chairman of Shearer’s testimonial committee, who has emerged as the frontrunner to buy the club from Ashley.

Speaking on Football Focus, Shearer said: “I could still be the manager of Newcastle if someone comes in and buys the football club and wants me as manager and everything is right and they want to get the club back up to the Pre mier League then yes I would dearly love the chance to finish off the job I started last season. It was very disappointing last season.”

Asked if Moat takes over whether he will become manager, Shearer replied: “You will have to ask that question if he takes over because there have been so many ifs. There have been four or five groups that have supposedly been in for it.

“Yes he is a friend of mine. I have certainly not discussed the manager’s position with him. Obviously there are confidentiality clauses that these people have to sign just to have a look at the books.

“I have been away on holiday. I just got back in last night. There are too many big ifs at this moment in time. But if you are asking me if I would like to be manager if everything is right then without a doubt I would definitely.”

Shearer was interviewed at the Hawthorns ahead of Newcastle’s Championship opener with West Bromwich Albion which he will attend in his role as a Match of the Day pundit and he made little attempt to disguise his concerns for his hometown club.

“I want it sorted either way because of my love for the football club because at this moment in time it is not a nice time for them,” Shearer said. “When you consider that Newcastle’s squad as thin at the end of last season and it was unbalanced last season when I got in there, when you consider the players that have now gone out – (Michael) Owen, (Habib) Beye, (Mark) Viduka, (Obafemi) Martins, (Sebastien) Bassong, (Peter) Lovenkrands – that tells a story. They are thin on the ground And need players in pretty quickly. It could be a long hard season if that doesn’t happen.

“The club is limbo. At the moment the club is up for sale but they haven’t got a buyer. My last conversation with Mike was on the Tuesday after we’d been relegated and he said he was going to put the club up for sale and wasn’t going to put any more money into it.

“I am obviously aware that there are people out there who are trying to buy the club but at this moment in time no one has.

“My plans must have been welcome, mustn’t they because I am still here.

I put those plans to him and the players I wanted to keep and the players I thought had to be moved on and players I wanted to bring in whether we were still in the Premier League or if we were relegated. I did that but I am still in limbo. I don’t know what’s going on I know as much as anyone else.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/championship/newcastleunited/5994637/Alan-Shearer-would-dearly-love-the-chance-to-return-as-Newcastle-United-manager.html

I just want this over and done with.  We have 3 weeks left of the transfer window, I personally think we need at least 2 weeks to get players in and maybe sell others, so this next week, for me, has to be the final decision either way.

I can't honestly believe Ashley would consider staying, he knows hes hated, he must do, but at the same time, I can't see anyone matching his ridiculous demands.

Something, or rather someone, has to give!

Should we get a takeover completed on, say, Monday, an bring in Shearer (or A manager) then I believe we will be able to make a last ditch attempt for a stab at promotion. Should we manage to get a sudden influx of players in then we'll be on course.

But for now.... :facepalm: :dowie: :kinnear:  :harry:

If it is true and there are 5 consortiums involved in the bids, then MA is obviously delaying to get the best price. The other thing is this, if these consortia have been involved in the bidding and due diligence for the past 4 months, then you would think something mis going to happen soon.

Surely someone would have dropped out by now.

Shearer knows more than he is letting on. The fact that he is still saying he wants to manage the club tells me that he knows who the new owner is going to be and that he is certain to be manager.

“The club is limbo. At the moment the club is up for sale but they haven’t got a buyer. My last conversation with Mike was on the Tuesday after we’d been relegated and he said he was going to put the club up for sale and wasn’t going to put any more money into it"

Typical Ashley really. Doesn't want the club, but isn't prepared to sell it either unless he gets his price. If the club goes down the pan in the meantime so be it. So much for the BS about selling to a buyer who will have money to invest in players.

Guest Duffer

.... but the gap between top table and bottom table is f***ing huge.

Its not huge at all mate.

Norwich Charlton and Southampton going down last season tell you that.

leeds, man city, sheff wed all went down to third tier soon after dropping from premeir league too

once the rot sets in - look at Derby, they struggled too

we'll find out a lot this evening about the state of the team

Why is our club not selling? Our supporter catchment area extends well outside the city limits so surely we have at least a handful of multi multi millionaires who could buy our club out individually or as a consortium?

yes, there are supporters outside newcastle, me being one of them, but geordies dont seem to like non geordies (eg: 'cockney mafia banner')

yes, newcastle seems a great investment, but everyone would be nervous, facing the constant wrath of 'newcastle' supporters....

Why is our club not selling? Our supporter catchment area extends well outside the city limits so surely we have at least a handful of multi multi millionaires who could buy our club out individually or as a consortium?

yes, there are supporters outside newcastle, me being one of them, but geordies dont seem to like non geordies (eg: 'cockney mafia banner')

yes, newcastle seems a great investment, but everyone would be nervous, facing the constant wrath of 'newcastle' supporters....

You have to be a WUM.

Guest Heneage

Unfortunately the guy has a point, our perception outside of the area is really poor. We are now seen as the kneejerk Geordies that will snap and protest at the slightest thingand don't like hearing a bad word said about us.

As i said at the time protesting was the daftest idea going. Not only would it achieve absolutely jack all, it would give us a really poor image to anyone that had even considered managing/owning us.

Unfortunately the guy has a point, our perception outside of the area is really poor. We are now seen as the kneejerk Geordies that will snap and protest at the slightest thingand don't like hearing a bad word said about us.

As i said at the time protesting was the daftest idea going. Not only would it achieve absolutely jack all, it would give us a really poor image to anyone that had even considered managing/owning us.

I assume Liverpool and Man Utd have a poor image too seeing as they have protested far more against their ownership than we have?

Guest kirkpatrick9

The debts we are burdened with is the debt left over from FFS days as chairman, it's not like Ashley has pushed £100m debt onto the club since he bought it.

If Ashley is asking far too much for the club or is insisting on unrealistic terms then why havent any groups or individuals come out in the media to state that Ashley's stubborness is preventing the club from being sold. This wouldnt breach the non disclosure agreement as all interest in buying the club would be removed.

When I read the story about Moat buying the club I get the impression that he doesnt really want to own NUFC but feels he has to act before Ashley digs us into another lower division.  :facepalm:

The London media are getting to me! I've listened to talksport presenters state all summer that the reason we went down was that we have changed manager too often and the players were just not good enough to keep us up. No! They are the secondary reasons. The primary reason we went down is becasue of one man...Ashley. But he rarely gets a finger pointed at him. I think only George Calkin of the Times reports an accurate picture of what is going on with our club.

We havent been relegated for purely footballing reasons like when the mackems or boro have been relegated for example. Our decline has been massively accelerated by Ashley's mission to devestate our club and city.

Rant over...now where's that whisky and pain killers!

What says it all to me is, we were yet again the only club in the top twenty in finances in Europe that did not play in European competetion and we went down.

That points to bad player recruitment, when you consider our advantage.

This sacking managers s**** means nowt, Barcelona sack managers all the time, Man Utd would sack managers all the time of the managers were s****.  West Ham would. Any club would.

There is no proof that keeping an incompetent manager for long wins you trophies.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There is no proof that keeping an incompetent manager for long wins you trophies.

Boro?