RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone know what in talks actually means?

I thought they deal would go like this:

Ashley: We want £100m

Moat: Hoo man, Am not deeing any deal for that man, here's £50m

Ashley: £75m?

Moat: Deal! Someone gis Shearer's numba!

What else happens?

line 2.....moat has to have the money.

Not sure about a potential owner desperately getting enough funds together to pay a deposit on the club with the vast amount still to be paid. Doesn't hold much hope of the investment in the squad we seriously need.

We're not going to get a sugar daddy mate, get used to it.

I don't expect a sugar daddy but at least someone who can afford the club, I might be naive but this all seems to me like he is going to buy the club and spend the next few years struggling just to pay for it. Will it be any different to Ashley? Either outcome it doesn't seem like there is going to be much/any investment in the squad. Even Ashley put SOME of the money he made from sales back into the squad, there isn't much left to sell so any money Moat makes will be needed to pay off the debt to Ashley.

This is unless he manages to get some serious investment behind him, still quite a gamble.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm going on holiday this next week, so I'm hoping that something positive has happenned when I return.

Many many people have made the above assumption.  Take it from bitter experience mate it doesn't work

I don't think it's an affording issue, I don't think it ever has been with any of the potential buyers.

It's a valuation thing. Ashley clearly values the club at £100m and nothing less, while there is noone out there who agrees. Why would you pay 100m upfront if you don't think it's worth 100m?

The £20m down payment is just to make it more attractive. It's like which would you rather do - 100m upfront or 20m upfront and 80m over x amount of years. Like Dave said the other day, I don't think it will attact anyone who can only afford 20m.

I don't think it's an affording issue, I don't think it ever has been with any of the potential buyers.

It's a valuation thing. Ashley clearly values the club at £100m and nothing less, while there is noone out there who agrees. Why would you pay 100m upfront if you don't think it's worth 100m?

The £20m down payment is just to make it more attractive. It's like which would you rather do - 100m upfront or 20m upfront and 80m over x amount of years. Like Dave said the other day, I don't think it will attact anyone who can only afford 20m.

Just speculating on the report above really, something to talk about.

:thup:

It will never happen but I would like to Ashley to outline the reasons why he considers Shearer to be unsuitable for the job when they said they wanted him 110%.  He should just have had the courage to say back in May that he would not appoint Shearer as manager if he was to remain as owner.  I think Shearer has been treated badly.

I can't stand O'Leary and it would be yet another seriously underwhelming and uninspiring appointment.  As a mate of Llambias, I expect the main attraction for them would be that he will stay "on message".

Is there any rumour you lot won't believe?

How many different and conflicting stories have been written about us since this all kicked off? Yet, people still seem to go from one to the next taking each as gospel truth. Why!?! Isn't it obvious by now that the media are as in the dark about this as the rest of us? Even if one of them had genuine information, how'd you tell which one? They're just reporting every Chinese whisper they hear knowing that people will lap it up and buy papers and people are doing exactly that, which encourages them to do it more and so-on. It's a vicious circle that could only ever be broken by the fans saying: fuck that, "I'm not buying that shit any more.", but that's not going to happen, is it!?! The journos know that no-one is going to look back at what was written after this is all over and hold them to account for the bullshit they've spouted, they know they're safe from any comeback and so it'll all happen again next time, and that's bad news in my book.

Basically, what I'm saying is what's the point in working yourself up into a frenzy over something that's more than likely going to turn out to be bullshit? It's not going to change anything, what's going to happen will happen you may as well wait until it has to react to it, otherwise your just wasting your time and energy and either way that can only be unhelpful. If things turn out good, then you've got all upset and angry over nothing, if they turn out bad you're likely to have wasted so much emotional energy getting pissed at every little rumour that you'll probably be numb to it and just accept it as having been inevitable, which it isn't.

One thing that we can be pretty sure (but not certain) about is that there are people interested in buying the club, as that's pretty much the only thing that everyone who'd have actual knowledge of what's going on has said. Shearer said on the telly yesterday that he'd spoken to a number of consortiums [sic] and both the club and SP have also said that there are serious bidders. That's the closest thing we've got to an actual fact and it's a positive fact, so why not just wait and see what actually happens before assuming the worst?

How many different and conflicting stories have been written about us since this all kicked off? Yet, people still seem to go from one to the next taking each as gospel truth. Why!?! Isn't it obvious by now that the media are as in the dark about this as the rest of us? Even if one of them had genuine information, how'd you tell which one? They're just reporting every Chinese whisper they hear knowing that people will lap it up and buy papers and people are doing exactly that, which encourages them to do it more and so-on. It's a vicious circle that could only ever be broken by the fans saying: fuck that, "I'm not buying that shit any more.", but that's not going to happen, is it!?! The journos know that no-one is going to look back at what was written after this is all over and hold them to account for the bullshit they've spouted, they know they're safe from any comeback and so it'll all happen again next time, and that's bad news in my book.

Basically, what I'm saying is what's the point in working yourself up into a frenzy over something that's more than likely going to turn out to be bullshit? It's not going to change anything, what's going to happen will happen you may as well wait until it has to react to it, otherwise your just wasting your time and energy and either way that can only be unhelpful. If things turn out good, then you've got all upset and angry over nothing, if they turn out bad you're likely to have wasted so much emotional energy getting pissed at every little rumour that you'll probably be numb to it and just accept it as having been inevitable, which it isn't.

One thing that we can be pretty sure (but not certain) about is that there are people interested in buying the club, as that's pretty much the only thing that everyone who'd have actual knowledge of what's going on has said. Shearer said on the telly yesterday that he'd spoken to a number of consortiums [sic] and both the club and SP have also said that there are serious bidders. That's the closest thing we've got to an actual fact and it's a positive fact, so why not just wait and see what actually happens before assuming the worst?

Boooooooooooooring.

It will never happen but I would like to Ashley to outline the reasons why he considers Shearer to be unsuitable for the job when they said they wanted him 110%.  He should just have had the courage to say back in May that he would not appoint Shearer as manager if he was to remain as owner.  I think Shearer has been treated badly.

I can't stand O'Leary and it would be yet another seriously underwhelming and uninspiring appointment.  As a mate of Llambias, I expect the main attraction for them would be that he will stay "on message".

They are trying to sell the club and they don't know if the person who buys it will want him to be manager, so they're reticent to appoint him and leave any potential new owner lumbered with a manager they don't want - like they were. That's been the situation since the start, when they stated it as the reason for him not being appointed and nothing has changed since then to affect that.

Boooooooooooooring.

Yeah, I know.

Would guess that Shearer wanted a certain amount of backing and that Ashley wasn't prepared to give it.

BBC report seems to be based on this:

"My understanding is that there will be developments at Newcastle this week," said Radio 5 live's Garry Richardson. "It could result in Mike Ashley deciding not to sell Newcastle if he can't find a buyer at the right price. He might decide to cut his losses and stay as chairman."

Garry Richardson has interviewed Keith Harris before, I would suspect (if it's not completely made up of course) that's where this comes from.

Either way I hope the first part is right.

Guest Wally_McFool

"My understanding is that there will be developments at Newcastle this week,"

:frantic:

The developments at Newcastle (in a few more days) will probably be that an announcement will be made that an announcement is expected in a few more days.

(I think!   :frantic:  :crazy2: )

"My understanding is that there will be developments at Newcastle this week,"

:frantic:

thats what i am worried about, its going from worse, to worser and even worser (is such words exist?)

Ashley stay as chairman, sack Lambias?

interesting... I haye Ashley but I do feel a lot of the mess is due the the idiots he has given jobs too

What on earth makes you think Llambias would be out?