RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He might have enough money and outside investment to run the club, keep it going and improve/maintain the first team squad but not have enough money to pay for the initial £100m price tag. That's how I understood it.

To be honest I lost interest a while ago, if the season hadn't have started when it did I'd probably just watch a different sport this season. Them 3 months or so were painful.

Right forgive me for osunding clueless, because I am.

Why does Moat need permission off barclays? If he is struggling to get investment and funds to initially takeover the club, hows he going to afford to pump a decent amount of money into the club aswell as paying the bills?

Barclays appear to want to cut the £40m overdraft we have to £20m unless he can prove support for their funds to them. It appears if he can prove it he'll still have the £40m overdraft, if not it gets cut to £20m and Moat has to find another £20m to pay off that part of the overdraft.

Why does Moat need permission off barclays? If he is struggling to get investment and funds to initially takeover the club, hows he going to afford to pump a decent amount of money into the club aswell as paying the bills?

Barclays appear to want to cut the £40m overdraft we have to £20m unless he can prove support for their funds to them. It appears if he can prove it he'll still have the £40m overdraft, if not it gets cut to £20m and Moat has to find another £20m to pay off that part of the overdraft.

And how did one come to this brilliant conclusion?

Guaranteed future income from the transfers of Martins, Bassong and Duff would cover that....

Discussing Andy Townsend's migraine in relation to our takeover is a new low/high for this forum.

Future quiz question tbh "Link Andy Townsend's migraine to the magnificent Moat takeover of Newcastle United in 2009".

Discussing Andy Townsend's migraine in relation to our takeover is a new low/high for this forum.

Future quiz question tbh "Link Andy Townsend's migraine to the magnificent Moat takeover of Newcastle United in 2009".

I've already forgotten the answer :(

Presumably, Moat would have to set a holding company up similar to the way in which Ashley did. This company would then have to apply for an overdraft facility in it's own right, given that the current OD relates to St James Holdings that Ashley owns. As we're not talking about a couple of quid here it's not like the manager of the Percy Street branch could simply approve it. There will be certain protocol that will need to be followed, and like anything this will take time.

As the OD allows the club to run on a daily basis whilst revenues for the year are collected in, I don't think it's that the money isn't there to buy the club or fund any transfers, they just need to be sure the bank are going to give them a similar facility to that Mike Ashley has been given.

Barry Moat might be a businessman, but he's also a fan. I don't believe he would go ahead with this unless he genuinely thinks he can take us forward. Similarly, for all Mike Ashley is a complete tosspot, I doubt he'd sell to someone who couldn't at least put right all the mistakes he's made over the last couple of years. The only way there will be any return on this investment is if we get back to the Premier League. To be honest, perhaps that is Barry Moat's gameplan, return us to the Premier League then sell on to someone able to take the club to the next level ala Man City, giving a decent return for the investors, similar to what happened with the Mackems

Once we're back in the PL we'd be in a great position for any wealthy benefactor to look at. Big Stadium, Good Support and world class facilities and we are known worldwide. It's been well documented that the Citeh Arabs wanted to buy Newcastle but Ashley turned them down.

:lol:

And yet this sad turn of event has probably contributed to the 20% worthwhile posts in this thread.

Presumably, Moat would have to set a holding company up similar to the way in which Ashley did. This company would then have to apply for an overdraft facility in it's own right, given that the current OD relates to St James Holdings that Ashley owns. As we're not talking about a couple of quid here it's not like the manager of the Percy Street branch could simply approve it. There will be certain protocol that will need to be followed, and like anything this will take time.

As the OD allows the club to run on a daily basis whilst revenues for the year are collected in, I don't think it's that the money isn't there to buy the club or fund any transfers, they just need to be sure the bank are going to give them a similar facility to that Mike Ashley has been given.

Barry Moat might be a businessman, but he's also a fan. I don't believe he would go ahead with this unless he genuinely thinks he can take us forward. Similarly, for all Mike Ashley is a complete tosspot, I doubt he'd sell to someone who couldn't at least put right all the mistakes he's made over the last couple of years. The only way there will be any return on this investment is if we get back to the Premier League. To be honest, perhaps that is Barry Moat's gameplan, return us to the Premier League then sell on to someone able to take the club to the next level ala Man City, giving a decent return for the investors, similar to what happened with the Mackems

Once we're back in the PL we'd be in a great position for any wealthy benefactor to look at. Big Stadium, Good Support and world class facilities and we are known worldwide. It's been well documented that the Citeh Arabs wanted to buy Newcastle but Ashley turned them down.

This

Moat is the front man because he is local and a fan.  Buy the club, get it stable, get it promoted then sell it on.  Moat may stay on as a minority owner.  Ashley must know that that is the plan and he's been trying to hedge his bets so he can recoup some of his money if the club does go up and that is most likely what the hold up is.  I think he'd have sold outright for the 100M but the bids have been lower and Ashley wants assurances that he'd get the difference if the club goes right up.

Ive just heard the academy have been told that shearer is getting the job on wednesday

I've been told similar as well. And it comes from a good source.

Moat will secure his bank loan with guess who standing as guarantor. (no not me)

Of course it could all be pie in the SKY but....