RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Geordiekev

IMO the club was sold in principle to Moat on friday subject to agreement with Barclays. I think there are now just a few loose ends to tie :snod: up.

Agreed, but as for Moat and Shearer being at a Toon home game then I certainly would'nt read much into that considering their always there :cheesy:

I'm calling it.  This is done.  No way would Shearer be there otherwise.

er maybe he just wanted to watch the match

he s always there

he really isnt - hasnt been in a while - was he he the directors box or his own box ?

He may be a fan but he did'nt fkn make a bid did he!

Mukesh and Anil Ambani feud sours $4bn Indian drilling auction

Times Online - Rhys Blakely - ‎10 minutes ago‎

He is said to be a Newcastle United fan and to have thought about buying the club. By contrast, the conservative Mukesh likes cricket. ...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/natural_resources/article6802591.ece

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

and to have thought about buying the club

Bollocks, I think only we thought he might buy us no one else

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Any chance its announced tomorrow, now that the match is over? You know, just in case they didn't want it to overshadow the match... just hoping...  :cheesy:

OK boys, looks like it is on.

Ashley at training ground, announcing to the players that the takeover is done.

Hughton in charge for SW game, Shearer to take up the reins on thursday.

Taylor to stay, Barton and Collocini to go

Campbell and Lvenkrands in

Beckford in by next week plus three other signings already lined up.

Carver and Lee to the club next week, Hughton to stay, Calderwood to go

Deal is done. Taylor is staying and Shearer will be in o0n thursday. At the game to watch tomorrow night

:kasper:

I know Shearer would obviously turn up to watch the toon but I'd assumed he'd be on MOTD.

Deal is done. Taylor is staying and Shearer will be in o0n thursday. At the game to watch tomorrow night

I know Shearer would obviously turn up to watch the toon but I'd assumed he'd be on MOTD.

Done deal in my opinion. I think we might just see that yellow ticker on Friday.

It's plausible that both Moat & Shearer turned up simply to support the team, but it isn't like likely.  They must read the papers, they can't be ignorant of PR, and they will know the signal their appearance will send to the supporters and the media.  This will be over by the weekend.

Guest Dennis Carter

Doesn't Shearer only do MOTD on Saturdays though? Regardless of who is playing/how many games on other days

It's plausible that both Moat & Shearer turned up simply to support the team, but it isn't like likely.  They must read the papers, they can't be ignorant of PR, and they will know the signal their appearance will send to the supporters and the media.  This will be over by the weekend.

Even if shearer actually was told yesterday he would be getting the job by the weekend, then he would obviously have to be there tonight to see the the team he would supposedly be managing next match.

i really don't think shearer would be seen at s.t jameses while all the speculation was going on, unless he's been asked to be manager.

Doesn't Shearer only do MOTD on Saturdays though? Regardless of who is playing/how many games on other days

Maybe, I don't take much notice, its encouraging anyway so we'll see what happend tomorrow.

I remember he was on last season when we lost to Man Utd midweek.

Guest Dennis Carter

Even if shearer actually was told yesterday he would be getting the job by the weekend, then he would obviously have to be there tonight to see the the team he would supposedly be managing next match.

i really don't think shearer would be seen at s.t jameses while all the speculation was going on, unless he's been asked to be manager.

At the end of the day though he's just a fan like me and you, so he'll want to be there to cheer the team on especially since he's paid up for his own box. I don't think he knows anymore than what has been reported on in the media. I really wouldn't read too much into this

Doesnt mean much either way.

Its fact both Moat and Shearer will be here if all goes to plan, so they would obviously both be there.

- Moat because he wants to see his potential investment and more obviously that he is a toon fan with a directors box.

- Shearer because he will be wanting to watch both his team and the opponents in the league, so he is ready if things do go through.

Why would'nt they be there? they are both big fans and its no secret they want in and have a vested intrest.

Now had Shearer been sitting with Moat, that might have been different, only slightly though.

Its fact both Moat and Shearer will be here if all goes to plan, so they would obviously both be there.

- Moat because he wants to see his potential investment and more obviously that he is a toon fan with a directors box.

- Shearer because he will be wanting to watch both his team and the opponents in the league, so he is ready if things do go through.

Why would'nt they be there? they are both big fans and its no secret they want in and have a vested intrest.

Now had Shearer been sitting with Moat, that might have been different, only slightly though.

So why was Moat sitting next to twatface rather than in his own seat/box?

So why was Moat sitting next to twatface rather than in his own seat/box?

Free. booze.