RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I believe today will see a significant sea change in things at St James Park

Tsunami?

Aye, as good as.../

still trying to work out if you're on the wind-up  :angry:

stop giving us hope if you're doing it just for the fuck of it! fess up to what you know (and who you know) or zip it until shit goes down

ta

Ok so we owe Barclays 20 million and this is the stumbling block, why doesn't fat biy pay the 20 million off saying as he got us in this current mess.  Moat takes over, push for promotion and we pay fat fucker back every season we are in the prem.

Its far better for eveyone who has money interests in NUFC that the club gets its prem TV money again and maintains its status.  As well as everything else thatc comes towards a prem team.

Guest Roger Kint

Wherever she gets it from, she's absolutely spot on

I am shite at darts but if i stand there long enough throwing the buggers i will hit a bullseye eventually. Assuming she is correct of course

Ok so we owe Barclays 20 million and this is the stumbling block, why doesn't fat biy pay the 20 million off saying as he got us in this current mess.  Moat takes over, push for promotion and we pay fat f***er back every season we are in the prem.

Its far better for eveyone who has money interests in NUFC that the club gets its prem TV money again and maintains its status.  As well as everything else thatc comes towards a prem team.

I agree, Ashley should clear it and add it to the loan we already have with him, then we repay when in the prem season on season.

There will be no announcement today, other than talks are on going with Moat and a North-West based consortium who will be performing DD this week after giving the relevant financial information over the last weekend

Can I just point out for the benefit of everyone else that this chap posts on Toontastic and pretends he knows anything on there too. :thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thanks, Dave :pow:

redheugh you have posted that it wont be moat on ttastic. put up or shut the f*** up

too many wum on this board

I wonder what Shearer makes of all this bearing in mind that Moat's inability to raise the funds before now means that if Shearer comes in he'll have to work with  threadbare squad with no prospect of buying any players till January? assuming his demands that certain players stayed for him to take the job with Ashley, it would be ironic if Moat could only afford the club by selling those same players.

Can I ask where this idea of Moat not having enough funds comes from?

The only thing that has been confirmed here is that the Overdraft facility is going through the process of ensuring it is able to continued in Moats name. 

The rest is speculation/conjecture made up from the rags surely, based purely on assumptions - even Louise (makem bastard) taylors detailed speculative piece?

The only thing that has been confirmed here is that the Overdraft facility is going through the process of ensuring it is able to continued in Moats name. 

The rest is speculation/conjecture made up from the rags surely, based purely on assumptions - even Louise (makem b******) taylors detailed speculative piece?

Well, it does seem that it is taking the 'Moat Consortium' (shall we call it) quite some time to get the NUFC overdraft level agreed with the banks (what else could the delay be about?) and so from that you can speculate that the consortium does not have as much money behind it as Ashley has. 

And, when you consider the fact that Ashley has nowhere near enough money to run a competitive and potentially successful ('big spending', of necessity, to be successful) Premier League Club, what hope can we have for the Moat Consortium, for the future?

"Rid of Ashley" might well turn out to be it's best (if not its only) plus-point!

The rest is speculation/conjecture made up from the rags surely, based purely on assumptions - even Louise (makem b******) taylors detailed speculative piece?

Well, it does seem that it is taking the 'Moat Consortium' (shall we call it) quite some time to get the NUFC overdraft level agreed with the banks (what else could the delay be about?) and so from that you can speculate that the consortium does not have as much money behind it as Ashley has. 

And, when you consider the fact that Ashley has nowhere near enough money to run a competitive and potentially successful ('big spending', of necessity, to be successful) Premier League Club, what hope can we have for the Moat Consortium, for the future?

"Rid of Ashley" might well turn out to be it's best (if not its only) plus-point!

Totally agree with that.

I think all you can draw from the fact that the renewal of the overdraft is taking so long is that Barclays are unwilling to give a Premiership level overdraft to a Championship club.  I honestly believe that even if Ashley remains in charge Barclays will still be looking to reduce the overdraft.

I think all you can draw from the fact that the renewal of the overdraft is taking so long is that Barclays are unwilling to give a Premiership level overdraft to a Championship club.  I honestly believe that even if Ashley remains in charge Barclays will still be looking to reduce the overdraft.

So says Louise Taylor. She may be right but banks will generally offer any overdraft facility providing it is adequately secured and there is a business plan in place that shows the bank is not simply funding trading losses. Moat may be unable to satisfy one or both of those requirements. To be honest the club's turnover is now probably somewhere in the region of £50 million so an overdraft requirement as large as £20 million suggests there is something not hanging together with the business plan. 

So says Louise Taylor. She may be right but banks will generally offer any overdraft facility providing it is adequately secured and there is a business plan in place that shows the bank is not simply funding trading losses. Moat may be unable to satisfy one or both of those requirements. To be honest the club's turnover is now probably somewhere in the region of £50 million so an overdraft requirement as large as £20 million suggests there is something not hanging together with the business plan.   

Moats difficulty may well be in convincing the banks that the much lower Turnover figure of £50M-£60M (or whatever) will only last for 12 months!!!

May have difficulty convincing ME of that!

With all the talk about players leaving to reduce the overdraft, does anyone think we will actually bring any players in? Or are we going to try and challenge for promotion with a decimated squad?

there is no way we will get promoted with the squad we have, i feel this is all a deliberate ploy by fat mike to almost guarantee we dont bounce back straight away..without at least half a dozen new players we will be in this div again next season