RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We win tonight and go top of the league you really think he is going to sell?

You think that after all this time trying to sell, being top after a couple of weeks of the season is going to change his mind?

What time trying to sell? Asking for a price at which nobody's interested isn't a serious attempt at selling in my book. Of course this B.S. group from America might not turn out to be a flying pig, we'll see.

if you're selling a house, do you drastically cut the asking price if you haven't sold it after 2 months?

If you've spent nothing on maintenance, chances are it won't get past the surveyors.

You think that after all this time trying to sell, being top after a couple of weeks of the season is going to change his mind?

What time trying to sell? Asking for a price at which nobody's interested isn't a serious attempt at selling in my book. Of course this B.S. group from America might not turn out to be a flying pig, we'll see.

if you're selling a house, do you drastically cut the asking price if you haven't sold it after 2 months?

Flawless analogy. :lol:

I wish they would!

When are all you twats who bought houses you couldn't afford believing that you'd be able to charge rents that no-one else could afford going to bite the bullet and sell me your house for peanuts? Come on I'm waiting here!!

I wish they would!

When are all you twats who bought houses you couldn't afford believing that you'd be able to charge rents that no-one else could afford going to bite the bullet and sell me your house for peanuts? Come on I'm waiting here!!

See, it works.

I wish they would!

Tell me which area you want and I'll sell you a house for peanuts. :D

Guest Lets Dance

NUSC Membership e-mail sent 31/08/09:

Dear Member

You may have recently read or heard about an interesting idea to achieve the aim of fan ownership of our club. It may have sounded incredible and as Derek Llambias said, it may be a dream for fans to own the club, but what does Derek know about dreams or football for that matter.

As a Trust we have held initial discussions with a group called Fanbase 410 who have come up with an idea that will allow fans like you and me to own a stake in our club. We like the idea but want to talk with you, our members and supporters about how feasible you think this may be.

We have included a survey below for you to complete and your answers will form the basis of how the Trust continues to discuss realistic proposals that will put the fans in the Boardroom as equal partners.

You can find out more about the product by visiting www.fanbase410.com and register your interest and you can return your survey answers to this email address.

We believe that the time is now right for fans to make their voices heard, listen to the idea and make a decision; the club is at a crossroads; we want to influence the route the club takes for the future. We are the constant at this club, owners come and go but our voice should be heard and we think this idea may work for Newcastle if the supporters want it. 

Fanbase have done something that no other bidders and many of our owners have failed to do. They have approached us and asked us our opinion; its a novel idea but maybe other bidders should take a leaf from their books.

Your opinions will guide the Trust in future discussions but maybe this is the time? The time for supporters to dream and succeed and wouldnâ?Tt that prove Derek Llambias wrong again?

Yours

Neil Mitchell

Interim Chair of Your Trust.

SURVEY - Please answer at the end

The Market and Product Risk

Q6. Have you heard of a Self Invested Pension Plan?

Q7. Are you aware of your current pension arrangements and the performance of your pension?

Q8. If you could release a portion of your pension to invest in Newcastle United, what would you be most worried about?

Q9. If you knew more about the product and its benefits to Newcastle United and as an investment for you and your family, how likely would you be to consider investing?

Q10. If it could be demonstrated that this product could benefit you and Newcastle United, how likely would you be to invest?

Self Investment Pension Plan

Q11. The plan would give you a stake in the club through the Trust, a return yearly, could be removed by yourself at any time and you would administer it through the Trust as a member. Would this be attractive to you?

Q12. Market research has shown that 4,000 fans investing £25,000 of their pension (if you are 45 this will be the equivalent to less than 40% of your total pension) would raise a quarter stake in Newcastle United at its current market value. The total value of the supporter stake in the club would be £100m. Is the investment too high?

Q13. Would you like to know more about this product?

Q14. Who would you trust to advise you on this product and investment?

Q15. What sort of Pension Plan(s) do you have?

Q16. Would you be prepared to invest any of the following in the SIPP?

:kinnear:

I wish they would!

I want a proper warehouse conversion in Manchester city centre or a nice big flat in an old house somewhere along Oxford/Wilmslow Road, something with some actual character. Oh and I want to pay jack for it so that I can flog it to some goldfish-memoried twat in a couple of years and make an absolute killing.

What you got that fits the bill?

I wish they would!

I want a proper warehouse conversion in Manchester city centre or a nice big flat in an old house somewhere along Oxford/Wilmslow Road, something with some actual character. Oh and I want to pay jack for it so that I can flog it to some goldfish-memoried twat in a couple of years and make an absolute killing.

Dunno, I'll check my database tomorrow.  bluelaugh.gif Repossession, so it'll be cheap as piss.  :snod:

Guest The Libertine

"Fanbase have done something that no other bidders and many of our owners have failed to do. They have approached us and asked us our opinion"

opinion/money. same thing.

several times a night, actually

Just ask the missus

ok, boys, off to bed here. gotta get up at 4:30 for the game.

Heres hoping for 3 points and a takeover by the end of the game.

I'm in Perth mate. You need to get yourself that Foxtel IQ thing, I'll be 'working from home' for a couple of hours tomorrow morning.

Dunno if anyone just saw Graham Roberts on Soccer Extra just then but he was asked to shed some light on his bid for the club. Reckons there's a 75% chance of his lot taking over but admitted they don't have the full £100 million. Went into a bit of detail about how it would be run - supporters invest £10,000-£20,000 into the club and can appoint board members as well as a President. Said the scheme would make the club "very rich" and give Alan Shearer - their preferred choice as manager - a transfer budget of around £25-30 million for each year. He's also at the game tonight apparently.

Dear Member

You may have recently read or heard about an interesting idea to achieve the aim of fan ownership of our club. It may have sounded incredible and as Derek Llambias said, it may be a dream for fans to own the club, but what does Derek know about dreams or football for that matter.

As a Trust we have held initial discussions with a group called Fanbase 410 who have come up with an idea that will allow fans like you and me to own a stake in our club. We like the idea but want to talk with you, our members and supporters about how feasible you think this may be.

We have included a survey below for you to complete and your answers will form the basis of how the Trust continues to discuss realistic proposals that will put the fans in the Boardroom as equal partners.

You can find out more about the product by visiting www.fanbase410.com and register your interest and you can return your survey answers to this email address.

We believe that the time is now right for fans to make their voices heard, listen to the idea and make a decision; the club is at a crossroads; we want to influence the route the club takes for the future. We are the constant at this club, owners come and go but our voice should be heard and we think this idea may work for Newcastle if the supporters want it.

Fanbase have done something that no other bidders and many of our owners have failed to do. They have approached us and asked us our opinion; its a novel idea but maybe other bidders should take a leaf from their books.

Your opinions will guide the Trust in future discussions but maybe this is the time? The time for supporters to dream and succeed and wouldnâ?Tt that prove Derek Llambias wrong again?

Yours

Neil Mitchell

Interim Chair of Your Trust.

SURVEY - Please answer at the end

The Market and Product Risk

Q6. Have you heard of a Self Invested Pension Plan?

Q7. Are you aware of your current pension arrangements and the performance of your pension?

Q8. If you could release a portion of your pension to invest in Newcastle United, what would you be most worried about?

Q9. If you knew more about the product and its benefits to Newcastle United and as an investment for you and your family, how likely would you be to consider investing?

Q10. If it could be demonstrated that this product could benefit you and Newcastle United, how likely would you be to invest?

Q11. The plan would give you a stake in the club through the Trust, a return yearly, could be removed by yourself at any time and you would administer it through the Trust as a member. Would this be attractive to you?

Q12. Market research has shown that 4,000 fans investing £25,000 of their pension (if you are 45 this will be the equivalent to less than 40% of your total pension) would raise a quarter stake in Newcastle United at its current market value. The total value of the supporter stake in the club would be £100m. Is the investment too high?

Q14. Who would you trust to advise you on this product and investment?

Q15. What sort of Pension Plan(s) do you have?

Q16. Would you be prepared to invest any of the following in the SIPP?

:kinnear:

I know they're asking for their members opinions, but they sound pretty sold on the idea. I wonder if this is because they genuinely believe it's a sensible idea for fans to invest a mere "less than 40%" of their future income :rolleyes: in something as risky as a football club - it isn't, if anyone's actually in any doubt about it - or whether they've let their own sense of self-importance blind them to the ridiculousness of this crackpot-pipe idea. NUSC seem to be prepared to back this idea simply because the bloke came and spoke to them, it doesn't seem to matter that what he told them was crazy-talk, just that he considered them important enough to talk to. Arrogant people are always the easiest to con and that seems to be what's going on here, from where I sit anyway. The alternative is that they're simply too stupid to realise the folly, and in fact danger, that this bloke's plan represents and that's even worse.

I wish they would!

Dunno, I'll check my database tomorrow.  bluelaugh.gif Repossession, so it'll be cheap as piss.  :snod:

Nice one. O0

Q8. If you could release a portion of your pension to invest in Newcastle United, what would you be most worried about? You c***s nicking it

Q12. Market research has shown that 4,000 fans investing £25,000 of their pension (if you are 45 this will be the equivalent to less than 40% of your total pension) would raise a quarter stake in Newcastle United at its current market value. The total value of the supporter stake in the club would be £100m. Is the investment too high? :facepalm:

Q14. Who would you trust to advise you on this product and investment?  :dowie:

I didnt think things could get any dafter tbh

To be fair...Redhugh has been quite spot on with his ITK knowledge...

However I'm so fed up of all this s**** I dont believe anything any more.

Understandable.

Will post what I know. Should be some info 4 to 5pm.

Hiya Young Fella,

It's . . . er . . . round about "that time" that you mentioned . . . I was just wonderin' if you had . . . er . . .  heard anything we might be interested in??

Guest Lets Dance

The leaders of NUSC have made their intentions clear. The Trust as they call it is nothing but a vehicle to enable them to give up their day jobs, get rich, and lord it from a box in SJP. They certainly dont seem to be doing a great job of representing the fans opinions  :angry:

If I was leading a consortium to buy our club I wouldnt give these bunch of egotists the time of day. That's about the only think I agree with Lliararse on!

This fanbase 410 sounds a ponzi scheme like the one Madoff got away with for so long  :dave:

Understandable.

Hiya Young Fella,

It's . . . er . . . round about "that time" that you mentioned . . . I was just wonderin' if you had . . . er . . .  heard anything we might be interested in??

Just noticed  -  He didn't say WHICH DAY !!!

Guest neesy111

Dunno if anyone just saw Graham Roberts on Soccer Extra just then but he was asked to shed some light on his bid for the club. Reckons there's a 75% chance of his lot taking over but admitted they don't have the full £100 million. Went into a bit of detail about how it would be run - supporters invest £10,000-£20,000 into the club and can appoint board members as well as a President. Said the scheme would make the club "very rich" and give Alan Shearer - their preferred choice as manager - a transfer budget of around £25-30 million for each year. He's also at the game tonight apparently.

does he think the north east is full of millionaires etc, there is probably 1% of fans that could afford 10,000 at most into the club

the guy is deluded along with these supporters group, i'm a fanatical newcastle fan, but there is a line into financially what money i would put into the club

The leaders of NUSC have made their intentions clear. The Trust as they call it is nothing but a vehicle to enable them to give up their day jobs, get rich, and lord it from a box in SJP. They certainly dont seem to be doing a great job of representing the fans opinions  :angry:

If I was leading a consortium to buy our club I wouldnt give these bunch of egotists the time of day. That's about the only think I agree with Lliararse on!

This fanbase 410 sounds a ponzi scheme like the one Madoff got away with for so long   :dave:

Are you honestly surprised? NU$C have been angling for a boardroom role and as such big salary and the feeling of self importance and smug satisfaction since day one rather than represent the fans view. Plus they're idiots

Guest neesy111

Understandable.

Hiya Young Fella,

Just noticed  -  He didn't say WHICH DAY !!!

damn you tommo .. redheugh