RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't believe how many people have voted for Shepherd

Probably the most realistic, and a sense of absolute desperation.

If he comes back I'll really have to question whether I could actively support NUFC any more. I'd want them to do well, but that's about it.

Lesser of two evils + I don't think anyone else is serious about bidding.

Is anyone else absolutely bricking it about this entire takeover business?

I don't just mean with regards to our immediate need to get a manager in and prepare for the upcoming season etc, I mean in terms of being stung by Ashley. I was delighted when Shepherd left and welcomed Ashley with open arms, giving him the benefit of the doubt for far too long. Don't mind admitting I was totally wrong on that.

This time around I'm far more cynical, and though it would be tough for anyone to do worse than Ashley has, I'm shitting myself we'll get someone shite. Obviously none of us have any say in who buys the club, but that still isn't stopping me changing my mind constantly about who I think would be a decent choice.

:undecided:

Probably the most realistic, and a sense of absolute desperation.

If he comes back I'll really have to question whether I could actively support NUFC any more. I'd want them to do well, but that's about it.

:idiot2:

As has been mentioned many times though, this is a consortium with Shepherd as the figurehead.

He will be an employee like anyone else and his actions will have to be justified. If they appoint him as Chairman, they may even bring other directors on board who Shepherd is accountable to.

Basically it's a group of people who see that he has contacts within the game, and they want to tap in to this and use his "knowledge" of running a football club.  If he fucks up royally, he'll be as expendable as anyone else

As has been mentioned many times though, this is a consortium with Shepherd as the figurehead.

He will be an employee like anyone else and his actions will have to be justified. If they appoint him as Chairman, they may even bring other directors on board who Shepherd is accountable to.

Basically it's a group of people who see that he has contacts within the game, and they want to tap in to this and use his "knowledge" of running a football club.  If he fucks up royally, he'll be as expendable as anyone else

Keep posting this kind of positive stuff. :thup: :lol:

Lots of if's, but's and maybe's...

The point is a lot of people dont want him anywhere near the club no matter what role he plays.

I don't just mean with regards to our immediate need to get a manager in and prepare for the upcoming season etc, I mean in terms of being stung by Ashley. I was delighted when Shepherd left and welcomed Ashley with open arms, giving him the benefit of the doubt for far too long. Don't mind admitting I was totally wrong on that.

This time around I'm far more cynical, and though it would be tough for anyone to do worse than Ashley has, I'm shitting myself we'll get someone shite. Obviously none of us have any say in who buys the club, but that still isn't stopping me changing my mind constantly about who I think would be a decent choice.

The options that have come forward all have their good and bad points. We need football type people in the club, that's a cert and what we've learned from Ashley, but we mustn't forget the lessons Shepherd taught us and that is he's a greedy cunt who cannot be trusted.

With him a front runner and some mad possible foreign scam artists on the scene, our future looks bleak, but not as bleak as in its current state which is limbo.

Limbo right now will kills us financially and commercially and in every other respect, and that's my main fear, and i guess why so many other are prepared to forgive Shepherd and willing to give him a second chance I'm sure they'd rather not but the alternatives are pretty fooking scary.

He may be a figurehead, he maybe a big contributor to the consortium and with a potential 33% of ownership (his funds) looming you simply cannot say he's just another employee.

Lots of if's, but's and maybe's...

The point is a lot of people dont want him anywhere near the club no matter what role he plays.

Yeah but his point is just about nobody would be willing to give Shepherd another chance if it was back to the old days of him in full control.  However having him as an employee who would be accountable for people above him is a very different scenario, one which I would certainly be happy enough with.

Basically it's a group of people who see that he has contacts within the game, and they want to tap in to this and use his "knowledge" of running a football club.  If he f***s up royally, he'll be as expendable as anyone else

He may be a figurehead, he maybe a big contributor to the consortium and with a potential 33% of ownership (his funds) looming you simply cannot say he's just another employee.

To be quite honest I couldn't give a fuck if he owns us outright or just a little piece - I would rather have FF at the helm than Mike (i'm an enormous cunt) Ashley any day.

He doesn't have that kind of money though does he?  He was worth about £40m and as far as I remember he's since invested almost all of it in other projects.  I suppose we should find out soon enough.

This time around I'm far more cynical, and though it would be tough for anyone to do worse than Ashley has, I'm shitting myself we'll get someone s****. Obviously none of us have any say in who buys the club, but that still isn't stopping me changing my mind constantly about who I think would be a decent choice.

I see your point, but I'm more nervous about what will happen this summer when we are 3-? weeks behind everyone else, needing to at least halve our wage bill and also build a competitive squad for the Championship (which is more competitive than most seem to think).  I just want this over.  Everyone else seems to have Saudi/Kuwaiti billionaires interested, I don't see why we can't dig one up.

This time around I'm far more cynical, and though it would be tough for anyone to do worse than Ashley has, I'm shitting myself we'll get someone s****. Obviously none of us have any say in who buys the club, but that still isn't stopping me changing my mind constantly about who I think would be a decent choice.

I see your point, but I'm more nervous about what will happen this summer when we are 3-? weeks behind everyone else, needing to at least halve our wage bill and also build a competitive squad for the Championship (which is more competitive than most seem to think).  I just want this over.  Everyone else seems to have Saudi/Kuwaiti billionaires interested, I don't see why we can't dig one up.

We've already managed to lose at least two multi-multi billionaires due to Ashley's idiocy (Man City owners and the bloke taking over Portsmouth both wanted us).  So god knows how many other middle eastern billionaires looking to throw endless supplies of money at a club he's burnt bridges with..

If Freddy Shepherd comes back I think its a very fitting end to the pantomime that has been the last 2 years

It wouldnt do for NUFC to get another person in charge. We HAVE to do the daft thing and get the previous guy in who helped put us in the mess that we are now. Its the way we do things

You all know its going to happen. Its written in the stars.

for all we know Freddie's consortium may well be saudi/kuwaiti billionaires with him as a figurehead. I doubt it but who knows.

The point being we dont know anything about Shepherds consortium but everyone wants to run a mile coz he is involved where as it might just be what we want

As long as the sale happens before Ashley can sell any of our players, and that any new owner does have transfer funds in place of a decent ammount for the next three seasons at least. Freddy or not its all good news, at least he knows the club and the football world.

Whatever happens, surely the fact (if true of course!) that one or more interested parties are examining the books means they have already proved their funds and things are happening. Massive positive there.