RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

fukIn gutless fans lettin that fat prick get away with it. Stop turning up to the fukin games it's not helpin the team they are shit with us there shit without us

Guest icemanblue

fukIn gutless fans lettin that fat prick get away with it. Stop turning up to the fukin games it's not helpin the team they are shit with us there shit without us

:lol:

Fuck off, man.

Does anyone believe this guy is gonna takeover before May?  Cant see it at all.  He's had plenty of publicitity and if he had an ounce more business sense than MA, he wouldnt pay £100m for a bunch of comics.

Guest ToonBart

Rom Sunday times... The Fat Man Speaketh.

MIKE ASHLEY has slashed his asking price for Newcastle United by £20m to £80m in a last-ditch attempt to sell the football club.

The sportswear billionaire, who runs Sports Direct, has given Tyneside businessman Barry Moat one week to come up with the cash or he will pull the sale.

Moat was involved two years ago with a previous attempt to buy Newcastle United in partnership with Jon Asgeir Johannesson, the former boss of the Icelandic investment company Baugur, which went bust.

Ashley told The Sunday Times: “Barry Moat has been driving me mad for two years. If he wants to buy the club, he’s got a one-off opportunity to come up with the cash — £80m upfront.”

RELATED LINKS

Ashley facing dilemma after substantial offer

Mike Ashley: from sporting rags to riches

It is thought that Moat has agreed to meet Ashley’s revised purchase price, but he wants to pay £40m now and £40m at the end of the football season.

Ashley said: “I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year. If you can’t pay upfront to buy the club, you can’t afford it.”

The tycoon said that if the sale falls through he will hang on to Newcastle and hand caretaker manager Chris Hughton a full-time contract following a successful start to the season, which has put the Magpies top of the Coca-Cola Championship.

“Chris deserves a shot at the title — he has done a great job. But if I keep the club I will have the final say on players.

I am the one who has to fund the club,” said Ashley.

If Newcastle can win promotion back to the Premier League, Ashley believes the club could be worth at least £150m.

He has suffered huge losses on his investment in Newcastle. He bought the club for £134m two years ago and has pumped in more than £120m to pay down its debts.

Asked if he regretted his decision to buy it, Ashley has said: “Of course I regret it.

I never said I was an expert in football clubs. I tried my best. But I accept my best was woefully short.”

MIKE ASHLEY has slashed his asking price for Newcastle United by £20m to £80m in a last-ditch attempt to sell the football club.

The sportswear billionaire, who runs Sports Direct, has given Tyneside businessman Barry Moat one week to come up with the cash or he will pull the sale.

Moat was involved two years ago with a previous attempt to buy Newcastle United in partnership with Jon Asgeir Johannesson, the former boss of the Icelandic investment company Baugur, which went bust.

Ashley told The Sunday Times: “Barry Moat has been driving me mad for two years. If he wants to buy the club, he’s got a one-off opportunity to come up with the cash — £80m upfront.”

RELATED LINKS

It is thought that Moat has agreed to meet Ashley’s revised purchase price, but he wants to pay £40m now and £40m at the end of the football season.

Ashley said: “I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year. If you can’t pay upfront to buy the club, you can’t afford it.”

The tycoon said that if the sale falls through he will hang on to Newcastle and hand caretaker manager Chris Hughton a full-time contract following a successful start to the season, which has put the Magpies top of the Coca-Cola Championship.

“Chris deserves a shot at the title — he has done a great job. But if I keep the club I will have the final say on players.

If Newcastle can win promotion back to the Premier League, Ashley believes the club could be worth at least £150m.

He has suffered huge losses on his investment in Newcastle. He bought the club for £134m two years ago and has pumped in more than £120m to pay down its debts.

Asked if he regretted his decision to buy it, Ashley has said: “Of course I regret it.

I never said I was an expert in football clubs. I tried my best. But I accept my best was woefully short.”

Fair play. :thup:

RELATED LINKS

you are a total dickhead who has learned nothing. fuck off. amatuer.

RELATED LINKS

Fair play. :thup:

Fair play? :kinnear: He is taking the piss.

Chris deserves a shot at the title — he has done a great job. But if I keep the club I will have the final say on players.

:mackems:

are you going to quote about him putting in 120mill ?

Why would I?

if it's costing you £20m a year why are you asking for £80m up front fatty?

Chris deserves a shot at the title — he has done a great job. But if I keep the club I will have the final say on players.

Why would I?

because that was in the piece aswell..........or did you overlook it ?

Why would I?

Er, I already knew that. What's it got to do with me laughing at the fat cunt learning nothing from the Keegan case? ???

Why would I?

Er, I already knew that. What's it got to do with me laughing at the fat c*** learning nothing from the Keegan case? ???

what did he learn from the keegan case ?

he paid up less than the contract was worth,it was even cheaper than sacking keegan.

Why would I?

Er, I already knew that. What's it got to do with me laughing at the fat c*** learning nothing from the Keegan case? ???

he paid up less than the contract was worth,it was even cheaper than sacking keegan.

You've totally lost me.

Why would I?

You've totally lost me.

well apart from the finacial aspect what should he have learned from the keegan saga that we haven't covered before ?

Can't be arsed mate. If you can't see the funny side of Mike Ashley claiming - after all that's gone on over the last year - that he's going to have final say on the players we buy and sell then you're just being contrary for the sake of it.

So Ashley wants to decide what players we sign whilst at the same time saying he isnt an expect in running football clubs! What a stupid fat cunt! It would be a disaster if he stayed.