Who is optimistic about the next season?

Ericz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not in the slightest bit optimistic right now, infact as of now I can only see things getting worse.

But alot can change over the next few days/weeks. We still have time to redeem ourselves, worryingly though I would have said the same all the way through last season.

Hope and Newcastle are always intertwined but generally never rewarding.

Dunno. Ashley is a bloody idiot but if he'd been staying and just got on with appointing Shearer I'd have been much more optimistic.

As things stand nothing can happen until the club is sold.

Guest firetotheworks

Not optimistic at all. The sale of the club, no matter when, or to who still involves some competence on Ashleys part. Thats why Im not optimistic.

Dunno. Ashley is a bloody idiot but if he'd been staying and just got on with appointing Shearer I'd have been much more optimistic.

As things stand nothing can happen until the club is sold.

Sums up what I was thinking, the last line especially. It all depends on if and when the club is sold.

Depends who's in the squad, in the boardroom and in the managers seat.  At the moment I can't say I'm particularly confident, at the end of last season we may have been playing Premier League clubs but they were scoring goals that most Championship Clubs would have had little trouble creating and putting away against us - and that's before we lose some of our squad to the wage cull.

I seriously can not wait! Never been this excited for a new season before. Players in and out and loads of new teams to play. Maybe even see us win a few games comfortably for the first time since Sir Bobby. Looking forward to see a new Newcastle with Shearer in charge hopefully, playing with passion and an see a few youngsters have a go.

Bring it on!

Guest Brummiemag

Not confident at all.

That could change if the club is sold quickly, sold debt free and sold to the right people. Lots of ifs there and if that doesnt happen there could be far worse times ahead and the club could be set back by a decade or more 

Too much uncertainty to know how to feel about next season just yet, once the situation regarding ownership is resolved and we know who our manager is going to be, the resources he will have available to rebuild a team worthy of challenging for promotion etc...then it will be possible to have a much clearer sense of how positive and optimistic one can be about next season.

Blind faith hasn't seemed to work thus far.  :undecided:

Regards,

GM

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shearer + good knowledgable owners/chairman = Good season

Kinnear or equivalent + Ashley/ Poor new owners = average/poor season