Hart

Jones  Cahill Terry  Cole

Parker

Walcott                Young

Gerrard

Rooney

Carroll

Once Rooney is back.

Not sure how that'll work, Parker will have to be a 1 man midfield. I can see us relying on Rooney dropping deep when he's back to have any presence in middle of the park though

I am also pretty certain Young and Walcott ( especially) dont have the work rate and discipline to play that deep either.

Also dont like the idea of Gerrard fullstop lol even though he will certainly start, another thing iam quite confused why Leon Osman has never been given a chance at any stage.

He's a lot better than half the shit that gets called up.

Hart

Parker

Gerrard

Rooney

Carroll

Once Rooney is back.

Not sure how that'll work, Parker will have to be a 1 man midfield. I can see us relying on Rooney dropping deep when he's back to have any presence in middle of the park though

I am also pretty certain Young and Walcott ( especially) dont have the work rate and discipline to play that deep either.

Also dont like the idea of Gerrard fullstop lol even though he will certainly start, another thing iam quite confused why Leon Osman has never been given a chance at any stage.

He's a lot better than half the shit that gets called up.

:lol:

I have a feeling Fenham's quick mock up wasn't meant to actually be an accurate depiction of how the team would set up like.

Hart

Parker

Gerrard

Rooney

Carroll

Once Rooney is back.

He's a lot better than half the s*** that gets called up.

:lol:

I have a feeling Fenham's quick mock up wasn't meant to actually be an accurate depiction of how the team would set up like.

Good point :lol: but at the same time with Parker and Gerrard's positions its the only way you could play it in such a system so yeah....

I reckon England will finish bottom with 1 point from Sweden

Nahhh. As shit as these players are, the majority of Sweden's players play for mediocre teams in mediocre leagues, and the Ukraine squad is basically Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar mixed together. It doesn't guarantee anything, but the first XI for England should be more than capable of getting at least 4 points from those 2 games.  All these fuckers will inevitably come out pretty defensive too, I expect more dross, something like 1-1 and 1-0.

Current England squad vs. Injured / not selected / suspended English players.

Joe Hart

---

Glen Johnson

Gary Cahill

John Terry

Ashley Cole

---

Scott Parker

Phil Jones

---

Theo Walcott

Steven Gerrard

Ashley Young

---

Andy Carroll

vs.

Ben Foster

---

Kyle Walker

Micah Richards

Rio Ferdinand

Kieran Gibbs

---

Paul Scholes

Jack Wilshere

---

Aaron Lennon

Frank Lampard

Adam Johnson

---

Wayne Rooney

Who will win?

(Taken from another site...)

The current squad would win because they'd be playing against 10 men due to suspensions and a good number of those 10 on the pitch would be injured and barely able to get around the pitch.

Guest Roger Kint

Nahhh. As shit as these players are, the majority of Sweden's players play for mediocre teams in mediocre leagues, and the Ukraine squad is basically Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar mixed together. It doesn't guarantee anything, but the first XI for England should be more than capable of getting at least 4 points from those 2 games.  All these fuckers will inevitably come out pretty defensive too, I expect more dross, something like 1-1 and 1-0.

I thought the same before the last World Cup and they barely limped thought that group. This is tougher but anything less than 4 points would really be a disgrace imo.

I thought the same before the last World Cup and they barely limped thought that group. This is tougher but anything less than 4 points would really be a disgrace imo.

I think we could be in a group with Spain, Brazil and The Harlem Globetrotters and we'd still limp through. I also think we could be in a group with Gateshead, NOFC and a team of blind nuns... and we'd still limp through. Limping through is the England way. It's our forté.

Sweden beat Holland in qualifying, and probably have the best player in the group in Zlatan. They've got a decent chance of getting out of that group imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Sweden are the only team I could see us beating, but England's record against them is poor. Ukraine are a home nation and I think they'll win. I honestly think England are absolutely shite tbh.

Nahhh. As s*** as these players are, the majority of Sweden's players play for mediocre teams in mediocre leagues, and the Ukraine squad is basically Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar mixed together. It doesn't guarantee anything, but the first XI for England should be more than capable of getting at least 4 points from those 2 games.  All these fuckers will inevitably come out pretty defensive too, I expect more dross, something like 1-1 and 1-0.

I actually think our (Sweden) offensive players are on the same level as yours right now. At least if you look at the form the players have. When Rooney is back you will get another dimension but as we know he is suspended against us

Zlatan is one of the top players in Europe. Elmander is far from great but had some decent seasons in Bolton and had a good season in Galatasaray. Markus Rosenberg had 10 goals and 5 assists in Werder Bremen this season. Sebastian Larsson is a player we all hate I know. But still, he's right foot could cause some problems for you. Rasmus Elm is being linked to bigger clubs after a good season in AZ Alkmaar and Kim Källström is a regular starter in Lyon.

Compared to the current state of players like Downing, Henderson, Gerrard, Defoe, Walcott I think it's pretty even. Carroll could cause some problems but the f***er Jonas Olsson together with Olof Mellberg should be able to take care of him. Your goalkeeper and your defenders are still way way better than ours but right now I personally think that Sweden will finish ahead of England. And now it's jinxed.

Sweden are the only team I could see us beating, but England's record against them is poor. Ukraine are a home nation and I think they'll win. I honestly think England are absolutely shite tbh.

I have a Euro 92 feeling about this England side. :lol:

A Greece Euro 2004 feeling I have.

A Greece Euro 2004 feeling I have.

:hmm:

Guest Phil K

TBF some of the Prima-Donnas and Divas aren't going to be there. Rio and a couple of others...

Granted that still leaves three quarters of the team who have laughably bloated high opinions of themselves....