The England Thread

Pilko

Refusing to be on a backup list, or go if you're not first choice, is an utterly pathetic and childish attitude to have.

Bollocks is it. He's a grown man with freewill, he can do what the f*** he wants, same as you. He doesn't owe the national set up anything. If he wants to spend his summer with his family rather than training, then sitting on a bench during every game - what's the problem?

He can order his priorities in life however he wants to. Under no obligation to buy into all this false camraderie s****. Equally, if England don't want to pick him because he turned down second-spot, that's their prerogative and their entitlement.

Richards (to my knowledge) has not complained about Kelly going.

Agree with this like. How many times has the lad been overlooked by Capello and now Woy. Must have been sick as fuck and decided not to stick around. Who can blame him, Johnson and Kelly are shit, Richards always looks quality when I see him - also a joke that they have not looked at Simpson, maybe Norwich, Swansea even Stoke tbh. Just because they play for fucking Liverpool does not make them good. They were shit last season and that is Downing, Gerard, Johnson, Carroll and fucking henderson so so average - I bet there are one or to in the so called lower teams like mentioned that deserve a call up tbh - and I mean Holt and Graham as well as potentially Sinclair, Dyer, Shawcross - I know people will mock this but seriously consider it how much better are downing, carroll and kelly compared to Holt/Graham, Sinclair/Dyer and Shawcross/could not think of another defenders name

Wow, we really are dropping like flies. Sweepstake on the next player to fall?

Martin Kelly over Micah Richards ffs! Howay man Roy, what the f*** are you playing at? It seems like Hodgson's forgotten all about Liverpool's terrible season - 6 players :lol:. Perch would have been a better choice (and I'm being serious).

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph

Micah Richards should've been in initial Euro squad, but had he accepted a stand-by role, he'd now be going. His 'no' opened door for Kelly.

If I was Micah Richards and told to play second fiddle to Glen Johnson, I'd tell them to f*** off too tbh.

s*** attitude if you ask me.

Nah, if the authorities s*** on you then you have every right to be the same.

The whole England setup stinks from top to bottom.

:lol: settle down man

Neesy's exactly right.

Guest neesy111

When Roy was appointed I thought he'd be the 1st manager in ages that would purely pick players on form rather than reputation but the initial squad just blew that out of the window.

Refusing to be on a backup list, or go if you're not first choice, is an utterly pathetic and childish attitude to have.

Indeed but I can understand Richards' point of view, he was part of the PL winning side after all and then to be told that you would be backup to Glen Johnson (whose team had a quote forgettable season) would be enough to p*ss anyone off.

Still though, Richards should have shown a better attitude about not being selected. He's pretty much jeopardised his future England prospects imho.

Would he have any future prospects anycase?  Hodgson has basically told him despite Johnson having a shocker of a season he's ahead of you.

Good point but if Micah wants to be involved at all with the England setup, he still needs to show a somewhat better attitude. Admittedly though, it's now looking more like a non-footballing decision...

When Roy was appointed I thought he'd be the 1st manager in ages that would purely pick players on form rather than reputation but the initial squad just blew that out of the window.

As did I. It's plainly not a meritocracy, it's got nothing to do with earning your stripes or any of that crap either. Richards has definitively outshone Johnson all season. An embarrassment of Premiership players have been better than Downing/Henderson.

Wow, we really are dropping like flies. Sweepstake on the next player to fall?

Martin Kelly over Micah Richards ffs! Howay man Roy, what the f*** are you playing at? It seems like Hodgson's forgotten all about Liverpool's terrible season - 6 players :lol:. Perch would have been a better choice (and I'm being serious).

Mark Ogden ‏@MOgdenTelegraph

Micah Richards should've been in initial Euro squad, but had he accepted a stand-by role, he'd now be going. His 'no' opened door for Kelly.

If I was Micah Richards and told to play second fiddle to Glen Johnson, I'd tell them to f*** off too tbh.

s*** attitude if you ask me.

Nah, if the authorities s*** on you then you have every right to be the same.

The whole England setup stinks from top to bottom.

:lol: settle down man

Neesy's exactly right.

Massively OTT

Stats aren't everything, but:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/25/article-2066400-0EF24EF800000578-239_468x505.jpg

Stats are relevant in this case.

Bollocks is it. He's a grown man with freewill, he can do what the fuck he wants, same as you. He doesn't owe the national set up anything. If he wants to spend his summer with his family rather than training, then sitting on a bench during every game - what's the problem?

He can order his priorities in life however he wants to. Under no obligation to buy into all this false camraderie shite. Equally, if England don't want to pick him because he turned down second-spot, that's their prerogative and their entitlement.

Richards (to my knowledge) has not complained about Kelly going.

I disagree but there we go. Smacks of a massive sense of entitlement and self-worth and where his team finished in the league isn't relevant to the merits of him being picked for England (although, for the record, I'd have had him in the squad). He can fuck off if he ever wants to play for England again, at least some of the players try to give the impression they give a shit.

BTW the stats you've posted were after Johnson had only played 5 games this season.

Guest VegasToon

Martin Kelly?  :lol:

You could probably pick a 2nd England squad and be just as competitive or even better now. 

Thank God, I can root for Cabaye and HBA.

Response to Vegas:

A really, really fat guy

Richards    Rio    Smalling      Bertrand

Perch        Carrick     

Johnson      Shola        Sinclair

Holt

Guest gggg

How has he gotten in there? Really Kelly is the best that can be summoned out of all the English players

Yup. Who are the alternatives? Perch?

Forster

Richards    Ferdinand        Shawcross  Bertrand

Carrick            Scholes

Johnson                                          Sinclair

Sturridge      Crouch 

That team would beat the current England side.           

Forster

Sturridge      Crouch 

The same way that Belgium beat the current England side yesterday?

Forster

Sturridge      Crouch 

Playing with "Chelsea" luck im afraid. England wont make it out of the group with that team. If they concede an early goal against Sweden. Its lights out, because the gameplan is then useless.

Forster

Sturridge      Crouch 

Playing with "Chelsea" luck im afraid. England wont make it out of the group with that team. If they concede an early goal against Sweden. Its lights out, because the gameplan is then useless.

Chelsea luck got Chelsea the title, though.

In previous tournaments it wasn't always a problem of not being able to score goals - it was more a problem of not being able to hold on to a 1-0 or to a 2-1 lead. Won't happen this time.

Added to that, players like Walcott, Ox, Young and Rooney are quite suited to play counter attacking games.