The England Thread

Pilko

:lol:

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

One good thing about the current state of the side is that we've not had so much hype about 'England's chances', though whether or not that's because the Olympics rather overshadows the Euros I'm not sure.

Nah. The media have just decided to take a different spin on it imo. 'We know we're not the greatest, have to be tight and battle hard' etc etc bla bla bla. Until the expected turgid performances start, at which point they'll rip the team and Hodgson to shreds as usual.

You've a good point there. Expectations are certainly lower than they have been in previous tournaments. Irrespective of my feelings for the team, however, I do hope Hodgson doesn't get much stick. I live in hope that he'll turn them into a more likeable outfit in the next few years though whether he'll be given that chance is another issue entirely.

Also, Yorkie:  :thup:

Agree with you on this. Glad to see, also, that those chosing not to support England are not hounded out (here, at least) as well.

Think our abject performances in the world cup have basically killed off any lingering fondness for the national side, tbh. Might be different if there were some Toon players in there. Or Geordies, come to that.

I would enjoy it if HBA did something wonderful, but I'd much rather he was quiet and England ran out winners. I detest the majority of the players, but I still support my country.

Look at me, look at me, I'm loyal. Pathetic.

Bonjour.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560293_10150895553659262_2002146474_n.jpg

:rose:

hopefully scotty parker absolutely f***ing dominates him today.

:anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish::anguish:

SCOTTY SCOTTY SCOTTY SCOTTYY SCOTTY SCOTTY SCOTTY

[move]SCOTTY[/move]

Thought Oxlade-Chamberlain looked overawed in the friendlies tbh. I think he's gonna be a top player and I'd rather him than Downing but it's a brave move.

Also think he's destined to play centrally long term.

Wonder who leaked the team then? I know we're not exactly a massive threat whoever plays but it's a definite disadvantage for the line-up to be known by the opposition for hours before kickoff.

I find when watching  games as a neutral until it starts I've no idea which team I would like to win. So Arsenal vs Spurs, I don't know, Fulham vs QPR likewise, Everton vs Liverpool, definitely Everton etc.

England vs France I should be supporting England, after all I'm English. However I've lived in France a lot and liked it, England have some of the most despicable/useless players to have ever played international soccer, Cole, Terry, Gerrard, Rooney, Downing, Milner etc, and most importantly France have two of our players playing, and will attack and play with flair.

Until the game starts and the first goal goes in I've no idea who I want to win.

Thought Oxlade-Chamberlain looked overawed in the friendlies tbh. I think he's gonna be a top player and I'd rather him than Downing but it's a brave move.

Like Walcott? Don't necessarily disagree btw.

No, central midfield.

No, central midfield.

Aye i know. Can just see Wenger insisting on keeping him wide, like Walcott, due to his pace.

England: Hart, Johnson, Cole, Terry, Lescott, Gerrard, Young, Milner, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck SUBS: Green, Butland, Baines, Jones, Jagielka, Walcott, Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Defoe.

France: Lloris, Debuchy, Evra, Rami, Mexès, Cabaye, Ribéry, Nasri, Malouda, Diarra, Benzema SUBS: Mandanda, Carrasso, Réveillère, Koscielny, Clichy, Valbuena, Matuidi, Ménez, M'Vila, Martin, Ben Arfa, Giroud.