The England Thread

Pilko

Guest neesy111

Terry would have organised us better 6 against 1 as it was for the first goal, absolute shambles that was.

Btw, it's light and day how we are at the back with out JT since 2012.

Glad you (of all people) have acknowledged that, mate.

Terry's by a country mile our best defender and captain. Ridiculous that he's not there, and for the record I said it long before a ball was kicked.

It's really to your credit that you haven't gone on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and fucking on about it.  Fair play.

Anyone talking about Terry must have forgotten Germany 2010, easily the worst defensive performance i've seen from England, it was like us at our worst.

Be quiet. As if Terry's culpability comes close to that of Upson, David James and a totally porous, pedestrian midfield.

You be quiet, Terry wasn't culpable??? He was supposed to be the leader of the defence, a criticism you often aim at Coloccini, he was more to blame than anyone for that circus.

You can't point to one single game in which his CB partner and keeper made repeated individual errors.

Guest neesy111

I thought we would beat Uruguay and Costa Rica and lose to Italy. Especially after seeing Uruguay's first game.

Uruguay are a different proposition with Suarez, ridiculous how people could think otherwise.

I thought we would beat Uruguay and Costa Rica and lose to Italy. Especially after seeing Uruguay's first game.

Uruguay are a different proposition with Suarez, ridiculous how people could think otherwise.

Tbh neesy I was thinking and hoping it would be the typical case of a player being rushed back and not looking the same.  Unfortunately not.

Tbh neesy I was thinking and hoping it would be the typical case of a player being rushed back and not looking the same.  Unfortunately not.

Come on man, he got two chances on a fucking plate! We didn't see anywhere near 40% of the real Suarez!

Guest neesy111

Come on man, he got two chances on a fucking plate! We didn't see anywhere near 40% of the real Suarez!

Thats bad if thats the case.

Come on man yourself, he put himself in those positions and was lethal in his finishing.  His all-round game wasn't the same but we still had to deal with world class movement / finishing for the goals.  If Suarez wasn't playing we'd have won a thoroughly shite game IMO.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

Once again DJ Puncher goes missing for England as captain when it's on the line. Hopefully he never plays for them again, Henderson was unlucky to get the hook instead of slippy G. As said, Terry would've had us better organised too. Cahill and Terry were best defensive pairing in the league last year AND they are both English! Absolute madness by Roy playing Jagielka who barely played for Everton.

Come on man, he got two chances on a f***ing plate! We didn't see anywhere near 40% of the real Suarez!

Come on man yourself, he put himself in those positions and was lethal in his finishing.  His all-round game wasn't the same but we still had to deal with world class movement / finishing for the goals.  If Suarez wasn't playing we'd have won a thoroughly s**** game IMO.

Was a reply to the "not looking the same" comment. That wasn't the same Suarez. England bottled it big time. There's no spinning it any other way. This Uruguay side was very beatable. Half the English team are his teammates, and the rest have played against him several times. If anything, England had the upper hand, with him coming back from injury on top of all that.

It was a bottle job that stank of fear and shirking of responsibility by the likes of Gerrard, Baines, Jagielka, and Glen fucking Johnson who couldn;t be arsed to take a step forward to close down an advancing Cavani.

Neither goal was "on a plate" in the slightest, the first in particular.

Seriously? Obviously he made a great run to ghost past the defence, but the pass was so perfectly weighted and flighted all he had to do was give it direction! The second goal? latching on to a defensive error, clear of any defenders, one on one with Joe Hart?

Sorry like but any top division striker worth his salt should be converting these two chances 9 times out of 10.

Edit: Put it this way, if he had missed those two chances, we'd be talking about how a top striker like him should be putting those away for fun.

Honestly think we will look back at Jagielka as one of the worst CBs to play for England on such a regular basis.

Gerrard should be dropped now and should have been dropped a while ago has one good game every five and has done most his England career!

I also don't think Hodgson is good enough to incorporate an attacking style into his teams that he would have you so readily  believe, his teams are usually reasonably well organised but not very creative.

Were we as woeful as Five Live made us out to be?

Probably. On another day we'd have taken a point as Uruguay did little aside from their two gifted goals but England aside from the 10mins before we scored looked ponderous and predictable. Same shit, different tournament.

Same s***, different tournament.

http://replygif.net/i/701.gif

http://d1mxyp5ceukbya.cloudfront.net/images/sad-jon-snow.gif

http://www.somegif.com/gifs/1388217133662722523.GIF

http://sadgirlsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tumblr_mnsrc5y4dd1qbvihuo1_500.gif

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1402435164289295_animate.gif

http://geeksout.org/sites/default/files/blog-images/crying%20sansa.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/b07e723f518417ef9da80499cf9ff3da/tumblr_mnsy6ebR1e1r3losno2_500.gif

cowie jaw

Here's one to ponder: if your players were born Germans and vice versa, would Germany be as good as a major tournament competitor, and England be as s***? I'm afraid so personally.

There's nothing inherently "wrong" with the English players on a phyiscal/technical level. The main issues preventing England from doing well are all mental, strategic and tactical. The role that the media plays is also unjustifiably huge. Team England should take a leaf out of MA and ban most if not all English media from the squad starting from 2 months before a major tournament.

Guest neesy111

Here's one to ponder: if your players were born Germans and vice versa, would Germany be as good as a major tournament competitor, and England be as s***? I'm afraid so personally.

There's nothing inherently "wrong" with the English players on a phyiscal/technical level. The main issues preventing England from doing well are all mental, strategic and tactical. The role that the media plays is also unjustifiably huge. Team England should take a leaf out of MA and ban most if not all English media from the squad starting from 2 months before a major tournament.

:lol: :lol:

Supporting Newcastle and England ffs - at least we're used to the disappointment I guess.

To think there's people out there who support teams like Barcelona and Brazil - their lives must be so different to mine :lol: