The England Thread

Pilko

I think Shawcross is injured.

EDIT: He's back. He should get a chance. He's consistent.

Not top-six enough.

Matty Upson got called up way more than he should have and his average finishing position was probably 14th.

Nowt more tedious in football than the announcement of an England squad followed by numerous people whinging that their club's s**** player didn't get a call-up.

I'd whinge that two of our shite players did get a call-up.

Nowt more tedious in football than the announcement of an England squad followed by numerous people whinging that their club's s**** player didn't get a call-up.

I'd whinge that two of our shite players did get a call-up.

I'd sooner see young Mason in for Carrick too.

Carrick has been criminally underused by England for near on a decade however now, given his age and reliability issues it's almost pointless including him if they're attempting to 'build for the future'.

Carrick has been criminally underused by England for near on a decade however now, given his age and reliability issues it's almost pointless including him if they're attempting to 'build for the future'.

Agreed. The way he's utilised is stupid. Either make him a cornerstone of the side or don't pick him. If he couldn't get a game 2 years ago ahead of Scott Parker under Roy he'll not get proper time now.

They both play completely different roles so not sure why it has to be one or the other.

Think Carrick's time has past but he should have had a lot more caps for England that's for sure.