The England Thread

Pilko

Henderson nowhere near ready for international football. Could benefit with another year in the Under 21s.

At least he is looking to be patient and play it short in the rare instances he has been involved. However he is getting no help whatsoever from the two supposedly senior players alongside him. Actually feel bad for him in a way.

Does look slightly out of his depth but I do empathise. I think he can develop into a very good player but he needs to first and foremost find his actual role. CM, DM, RM?

He could do with leaving Sunderland if he is to develop, though.

Aye, he should sign for Chelsea or Man City where he can rot in the reserves and ruin his career.

Because that's just what I said. :lol:

I'd have him at Everton, for example.

Sorry about that, I simplified your position, it's what you do on forums.

But to me a team like Sunderland seems alright for him at this point in time. Not too much press attention, competitive in most games, regular football. Not many teams he could move up to outside of the top 4 or 5 really.

Henderson nowhere near ready for international football. Could benefit with another year in the Under 21s.

At least he is looking to be patient and play it short in the rare instances he has been involved. However he is getting no help whatsoever from the two supposedly senior players alongside him. Actually feel bad for him in a way.

Does look slightly out of his depth but I do empathise. I think he can develop into a very good player but he needs to first and foremost find his actual role. CM, DM, RM?

Aye, he should sign for Chelsea or Man City where he can rot in the reserves and ruin his career.

Would you want him? Where would he play?

Right wing.

Got to wonder if he has the ability to hug the touch line/whip a decent ball in. No worse than Osman I suppose.

England are 6th on the Fifa ranking? :lol:

You're not even the 6th best team in Europe.

Should never pay any attention to those rankings. Pointless things.

They're a marker on current form, and usually remains a good marker even though it pretends to say that it gives the ranking of the best nations in the world, which it doesn't. I look at it as a guide to which nations have been in good form recently compared to others.

That said, you still shouldn't be 6th. :lol:

England could play a 4231 now they have Carroll

Hart

Kelly Jagielka Cahill Cole

Milner Gerrard

Walcott Rooney Johnson

Carroll

Is that Irishmen Stephen or Garry Kelly?

Martin Kelly

He the Liverpool fella? Doesn't offer enough going forward IMO but there is little else available i suppose.

BARRY OFF! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

And the first thing Southgate says. "I'm concerned."

Fuck off.

Ian W: perhaps not now - another year at Sunderland I agree with but in the not too distant future he'll need to play with better players if he is to significantly progress.

Few things as frustrating and irritating as watching Milner on the wing. Fantastic prospect through the middle. Had it all set up perfectly for him at Villa for the next ten years, but had to get ahead of himself. He'll be out of both teams soon enough.

England are 6th on the Fifa ranking? :lol:

You're not even the 6th best team in Europe.

Should never pay any attention to those rankings. Pointless things.

They're a marker on current form, and usually remains a good marker even though it pretends to say that it gives the ranking of the best nations in the world, which it doesn't. I look at it as a guide to which nations have been in good form recently compared to others.

That said, you still shouldn't be 6th. :lol:

You wouldn't think this because Norway are currently above World Cup QF's Paraguay amongst other teams they aren't better than would you?

Would you want him? Where would he play?

Right wing.

Got to wonder if he has the ability to hug the touch line/whip a decent ball in. No worse than Osman I suppose.

Wouldn't see him as a touchline-hugger. He'd probably drift inside for Seamus to exploit the space.

Anyway, I wouldn't say I'd go all out for him or anything, but if he did come then I'd be happy with it, at a reasonable price. Won't happen, mind.