The England Thread

Pilko

It was an enjoyable game, AC took his goal very well but on the whole looked like he needed more gametime. The 4-3-3 is looking our best option, but I very much doubt Capello will drop Rooney.. scratch that, I doubt he is even allowed to drop Rooney long-term.

Rooney will play left as he did v Wales. England still look like they'd get crucified against a top team but certainly look better than they did playing 442 of recent.

I see the argument for playing Rooney on the left as he has played there more than a few times for Man United, but the way he has been playing he looks like the ball will just bounce off him everytime he takes a touch. Capello is a dead man walking anyways, so it's a bit of a moot point, but it would send a very big message if Rooney were to be left out for the rest of the qualifying campaign.

Good point about Rooney and his first touch, which seems to be the main part of his game that has deserted him.

I'm still not sure if it's mental (public revelations of involvement with prostitutes after birth of first child) or physical (manager plays him a week after an ankle injury, and then keeps him on for 30 minutes after the injury flares up again)

I think it's the former, in which case I think/hope he'll come back to form. He's our big hope for international success.

It was an enjoyable game, AC took his goal very well but on the whole looked like he needed more gametime. The 4-3-3 is looking our best option, but I very much doubt Capello will drop Rooney.. scratch that, I doubt he is even allowed to drop Rooney long-term.

Rooney will play left as he did v Wales. England still look like they'd get crucified against a top team but certainly look better than they did playing 442 of recent.

I see the argument for playing Rooney on the left as he has played there more than a few times for Man United, but the way he has been playing he looks like the ball will just bounce off him everytime he takes a touch. Capello is a dead man walking anyways, so it's a bit of a moot point, but it would send a very big message if Rooney were to be left out for the rest of the qualifying campaign.

Good point about Rooney and his first touch, which seems to be the main part of his game that has deserted him.

I'm still not sure if it's mental (public revelations of involvement with prostitutes after birth of first child) or physical (manager plays him a week after an ankle injury, and then keeps him on for 30 minutes after the injury flares up again)

I think it's the former, in which case I think/hope he'll come back to form. He's our big hope for international success.

Somebody on here said words to similar effect the other day, but he's always trying the Hollywood ball and as a result tends to lose it constantly.

Somebody on here said words to similar effect the other day, but he's always trying the Hollywood ball and as a result tends to lose it constantly.

see Gerrard, Steven.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never understood how Africans all love each other, where as pretty much every other continent seems to hate there neighbours.

They are all brothers and sisters

see Gerrard, Steven.

The Roberto Carlos Principle, perhaps? Try it enough times and eventually it'll work, and when it does it'll look class.

• 2 months later...
Guest BooBoo

Absolute no interest in this game. The Swiss are notoriously cagey, expect a 0-0 or 1-0 England.

Yawn.

If ourselves and Montenegro win on Saturday that's group over so maybe Switzerland might have a go making it a bit more open, not their natural game though.

You'd think it'd have been everywhere since the season has finished but I've not seen a single thing about it in the media. Strange.

Giveafuckometer is at an all-time low regarding England.

:sadnod:

Hardly a player in the squad I like (Adam Johnson is probably the only one). Can't stand Capello, he should have resigned after that pathetic WC.

I'm watching England vs Sweden from 1995 at Elland Road.

It's been total shit. I had to google whether or not it's going to improve. Seemingly it is.

Warren Barton!