The England Thread

Pilko

Hart

Johnson  Jagielka  Lescott  Cole

Lampard  Parker  Jones

Walcott                            Milner

Bent

:lol: :lol: :lol:

am I alone in thinking this is about as good as one could expect (from selected squad). Lampard suspect is central and ahead of parker and jones rather than level. Two holding players to stop us from getting murdered through middle, and quick wingers to carry counter attacks. Reasonably sound in theory imo, we're just going to get murdered due to the gulf in class, or spain won't bother very hard and we'll get a load of undue praise for getting a boring draw

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hart

Lampard  Parker  Jones

Bent

am I alone in thinking this is about as good as one could expect (from selected squad). Lampard suspect is central and ahead of parker and jones rather than level. Two holding players to stop us from getting murdered through middle, and quick wingers to carry counter attacks. Reasonably sound in theory imo, we're just going to get murdered due to the gulf in class, or spain won't bother very hard and we'll get a load of undue praise for getting a boring draw

Milner quick?  :yao:

Hart

Lampard  Parker  Jones

Bent

Milner quick?  :yao:

OF SQUAD AVAILABLE I SAID. Though he has been alright for Man City to be honest recently.

Hart

Lampard  Parker  Jones

Bent

No.

Subs: Carson, Walker, Baines, Cahill, Terry, Barry, Rodwell, Johnson, Downing, Zamora, Welbeck, Sturridge, Stockdale

13 subs, of which 7 I would have happily seen start tonight ahead of what's there.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What's so hilarious about this England team by the way? I can't see many other options.

It's hilarious because it's awful.

The Phil Jones obsession going on at the moment is embarrassing.

Indeed, i heard a horrible clip of a Capello news conference where he said he phoned Fergie and Fergie said Jones was great on the ball and can play in Midfield very well. Capello licks SAF arse so much.