The England Thread

Pilko

Martinez is a very likable chap. Done a good job, given his resources at Wigan. Big future in the game, I suspect.

Looks like he made a poor call by not going to Villa but he does try and encourage good football.

Poor call by what criteria? I know Wigan are an unpopular club (on this board, at least!) but they play decent football. Good on him for sticking at it. Hopefully he will go on to bigger and better things eventually, but he's still very young in manager years.

do wigan even have a youth system? remember someone saying bolton dont bring through any youngsters - wigan might be even worse.

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/YouthIndex

To be fair, if they have any noticeable youth players they are likely to make the first team since the quality is so poor so we'd never hear much about their young 'uns.

Have to say that I'm unduly fond of "God Save the Queen" for some reason.

As far as national anthems go, it's pretty baller.

AT LEAST ITS IN ENGLISH.  Your anthem is just sounds.

There are some anthems that transcend language in their coolness. Like the German one. I don't speak a word of German but I listen to that and I can tell that these fuckers mean business.

Ours, of course, is just dour and boring. Still better than the Japanese one though :lol: