The England Thread

Pilko

I think Capello got it wrong about Terry with the Bridge affair, and he's got it wrong again now. He's paid a big price for it.

It's not a bad situation for Redknapp to walk in to. If he fails at the Euros, it won't be held against him, and he'll be a breath of fresh air. Short term, he could do well.

Longer-term, I think he may be the latest in a long series of England managers who have been better suited to club football. He's a bit sensitive to criticism, and it'll be interesting to see how he copes when that inevitably comes.

Good to see everyone happily talking as if Redknapp has the job already. As bad as tapping him up ffs. Pathetic by the press.

Give it to Hughton, someone with a bit of dignity and professionalism for a fucking change.

Absolutely. I couldn't stand the Eng-er-land bandwagon as it was, what with the Terry-Bridge farce, the World Cup, the balls-up the FA made in regards to renewing Capello's contract, now is a time to bring back a certain respectability to the national side. Hughton or Hodgson for me, though twitchy cunt is undoubtedly going to get it. His media chums are having a fucking field day today. The twitchy cunt.

Won't Arry be lost without a bit of wheeler dealin' to keep him busy?

He'll probably still try and bring in players of other nationalities. If he can't do his wheeling and dealing then I imagine he'll eventually just spontaneously combust.

He'll probably still try and bring in players of other nationalities. If he can't do his wheeling and dealing then I imagine he'll eventually just spontaneously combust.

He'll be like a kid in a sweet shop.  All those players to choose from and he doesn't have to pay a transfer fee for them.

He'll be like a kid in a sweet shop.  All those players to choose from and he doesn't have to pay a transfer fee for them.

No transfer bonus', he'll turn the job down!

Just don't care about the England team. No affable players, delusions of grandeur, recent generations' worth of crap team play and an entirely embarrassing media circus.

Sums up my feelings in a nutshell. Hate it when a big tournament comes up and, as you say, the whole circus comes to town - beer swilling morons, tacky flags on cars, delusions of grandeur, 'three lions on a shirt', etc. The England team alos lost its respectability long ago for me.

Guest schmuck

Harry being virtually the sole candidate is pretty embarrassing. He's hardly done anything in 30 years.

That's his story and he's sticking to it