The England Thread

Pilko

I wonder if Rafa Benitez is being seriously considered. Tactically astute, done well in European tournaments with Liverpool, settled in England and wouldn't cost the compensation Harry would require as Levy will certainly drive a hard bargain.

He spoke about wanting to manage at international level a month ago, actually. Most inferred he was positioning himself for the Spain job should Del Bosque leave after the EC.

Guest Roger Kint

62% on SkyNews say Redknapp shouldn't get the job. :lol:

It was similar yesterday on the radio which was immediately dismissed as unhappy Spurs fans skewing the vote rather than lose their manager.

Guest firetotheworks

For me, the line up moving forward, when everyone's fit should be this:

Hart,

Cole,

Cahill,

Jones,

Richards,

Milner,

Parker,

Young,

Wilshere,

Sturridge,

Rooney.

It still looks poor like.

For me, the line up moving forward, when everyone's fit should be this:

Hart,

Cole,

Cahill,

Jones,

Richards,

Milner,

Parker,

Young,

Wilshere,

Sturridge,

Rooney.

It still looks poor like.

Drop Wilshere in for one of Milner or Parker, play Rooney as more withdrawn and Welbeck upfront.

I'd be tempted to have Oxlade-Chamberlain in too, definitely as an option.

62% on SkyNews say Redknapp shouldn't get the job. :lol:

It was similar yesterday on the radio which was immediately dismissed as unhappy Spurs fans skewing the vote rather than lose their manager.

Since the media all love 'Arry, they seem to be under the impression that al the fans do as well but I have never met anyone who likes him.

madness to look for anyone but hiddink for this upcoming tournament, still the fa don't seem to get tired of bad choices and repeat failure so yeah pearce & redknapp why not?

It feels like they're going down the Shepherd route. One appointment doesn't work so they attempt to go for the complete opposite to try and rectify the 'problems'.

Guest neesy111

Nobody from outside England (and ideally the home counties) will be allowed anywhere near the England team for a very long time IMO.

This man will disagree at some point.

http://www.ads-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Inter-Jose-Mourinho-rafa-benitez-e1284326326985.jpg

madness to look for anyone but hiddink for this upcoming tournament, still the fa don't seem to get tired of bad choices and repeat failure so yeah pearce & redknapp why not?

It feels like they're going down the Shepherd route. One appointment doesn't work so they attempt to go for the complete opposite to try and rectify the 'problems'.

i don't mind if they go british long term, fine get on with it, but redknapp and/or pearce would not be the right move at this time - timing is the key for me

pointless anyway, as has been said they're going all shepherd for sure imo, it'll be a brit

2?  there's literally no-one more qualified to take the job for a major tournament at the stage proceedings

He ballsed up both WC10 and Euro12.

2?  there's literally no-one more qualified to take the job for a major tournament at the stage proceedings

He ballsed up both WC10 and Euro12.

right, forgot the WO10 one...think he went a step too far with his taking average/shit teams to success thing, after he got russia to the semis in 08 he should have tried to move to a more stable job with better players and actually try to win a tournament

aside from mourinho there's noone i'd want to see more in the job (assuming the end game is to succeed and not fail bravely again and again)

Nobody from outside England (and ideally the home counties) will be allowed anywhere near the England team for a very long time IMO.

When you bomb out of the WC in '14 and reports come out of players disrespecting Redknapp and undermining his authority then the FA will back up a truckload of cash onto the biggest, unemployed foreign manager out there. You did it with Sven, you did it with Capello. You'll do it again.

It's a shame that the FA is reactive in these hirings and that they don't possess enough foresight to actually hire the best man for the job, regardless of public opinion. I'll be honest: you look at a team like Liverpool and they've always hired who they thought was best for them, regardless of what the media think. They don't react to the failures by swinging to the opposite side of the pendulum, and they've been moderately successful in spite of the financial constraints that they have.