The England Thread

Pilko

Let's hope Roy realises what Stuart Pearce didn't - Wellbeck is not good enough for England

:thup: I have no idea why he's even anywhere near the Man U first XI .

Especially with Berbatov and Hernandez on the bench.

Let's hope Roy realises what Stuart Pearce didn't - Wellbeck is not good enough for England

Who should be playing ahead of him?

Hernandez, but overall I'm surprised Fergie hasn't brought in someone better. (if you were referring to Man U.)

Who should be playing ahead of him?

Hernandez, but overall I'm surprised Fergie hasn't brought in someone better. (if you were referring to Man U.)

Fergie plays Welbeck because he's the most selfless option and works best with their most talented and most influential player.

Hernandez has been awful every time he's played this season.

I don't mind Wellbeck, thought he looked good as a bit-part youngster but maybe he's still developing into the first-team player. Not sure if I would pick him for England like, on recent form I'd probably go for Carroll.

Think and on-form Carroll has to be in the squad. Question is how much he'll be on form.

Frankly, if Rooney was available from the start of the tournament I'd have him playing with Welbeck. They have been the best performing English strikers this season and also play together at club level.

Since Rooney is a fucking idiot and will miss the first two matches, I'm not sure. Carroll will probably end up going but it's very easy to forget just how awful he has been for most of the season. The options are very limited.

Carroll's just short on confidence, an England call up can only help that. The kind of player he is gives us something different and he should be there. He has looked a lot more like his old self recently.

But you have to ask if Carroll's form is poor due to Liverpool being poor this season? 

He might fare better if he's got better service from Young, Johnson, Ashley Cole etc compared to the likes of Downing and Henderson.

There were a load of factors in Carroll's season - the big fee, the turmoil of the move, Liverpool's style, the poor form of their other players, etc etc.

At least he gives you something different that defenders won't like. On his day there's not a defender in Europe that would enjoy facing him.

Carroll atleast gives us something other teams don't really have, although his inclusion may force us to play a certain way.

Welbeck may come into his own at the Euros, but at the moment I cannot see him been anything more than an average international striker at the tournament, despite his relatively poor form recently even Sturridge would give me more hope, for his potential unpredictability if anything else. Basically Welbeck is the boring option, he also fucked me out of £50 earlier in the season so he can fuck off.

Guest gggg

Parker's been Englands best player in recent games, man :lol:

Obviously missed the Holland game. He was responsible for two goals.

Guest Chubby Jason

I still can't understand how people can glibly disregard Scott Parker as "wank" when he's been one of the better holding players in the country for the past two years and usually performs well against the better teams when we need to win back possession all the time.

I still can't understand how people can glibly disregard Scott Parker as "w***" when he's been one of the better holding players in the country for the past two years and usually performs well against the better teams when we need to win back possession all the time.

It's the typical N-O reaction to hype tbh.